Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (tomcat22)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-11-2007, 3:16 PM Reply   
was at the lake for a few hours everything was gud then when i started to take off my boat backfired a few times then stopped once i got going, then when i killed it, it was hard to get it to start back up till finally it wouldnt start had to get towed to the ramp. will turn over but wont start. im hoping its bad gas or water in the gas? any suggestions?
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-11-2007, 4:13 PM Reply   
Make sure you are getting spark and fuel.
Old     (tdiggity)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-11-2007, 6:16 PM Reply   
if your engine has a carb the back fire probably blew out one of the check valves in the carb they are made to operate off of vacuum the backfire forces the diaphragm the wrong way and screws it up. That would be the first thing i would check just my 2 cents..
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-11-2007, 6:25 PM Reply   
^^^Good point but it should still run with a blown powervalve.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-11-2007, 8:19 PM Reply   
an 04 supra should not have a carb... sounds like it could be anything... have a mechanic look at it...
bad gas, ecm?, spark plugs, etc.......
Old     (65sanford)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-13-2007, 6:01 AM Reply   
Check your fuel filter--I had a similar problem with my SSV. Mine ended up being bad fuel--it doesn't take much--I drained the fuel filter into a bowl and looked at the fuel--it was all varnish--I ended up putting in a fuel system cleaner and a new fuel filter. The problem occurred after I put gas in from a station that I normally do not go to. It still ran funny until I ran through another tank of fuel but it is back to 100% now.
Old     (truebeachbum)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-14-2007, 1:41 PM Reply   
my 06 sucked ass it was the gravity edition and it broke the first summer so it all about malibu now
Old     (65sanford)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-14-2007, 2:34 PM Reply   
Chase--We are trying to fix a problem not bash a brand but thank you for your input--when you have a problem with your Malibu, I hope someone is as helpful as you have been here in resolving it
Old     (wakebdr2002)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-15-2007, 6:02 AM Reply   
Chase is 16 that is why he not smart enough to know that he doesn't know everything and has to make stupid comments about his why his daddy's malibu is better. By the way, malibu, mastercraft and supra all use Indmar engines.

Tommy - it is very possible that you have bad gas, but it could be many other things. Check for spark and fuel it you have those then change your fuel filter and check for bad gas. You can get an Indmar shop manual from amozon.com that has very good troubleshooting info.