Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (hwc)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-17-2007, 1:21 PM Reply   
Way to go AJ
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-17-2007, 1:27 PM Reply   
Aj is killing it. I am so glad he is riding so well and not having alot of outside distractions so he can just enjoy it and ride. He deserves it.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-17-2007, 4:04 PM Reply   
Congrats to AJ. Stomped his 9 off the dub. I got to see him ride on Friday and he stuck four whirly 5's. Wasn't so lucky on Saturday, but rode through the good size chop on the lake to get another guitar.
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-17-2007, 5:41 PM Reply   
Nice job A.J. 3 in a row! Has that ever been done in JR mens before? I know there has not been anyone from the west coast. Again congrats A.J. and Ryan with your second place finish..
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-17-2007, 5:49 PM Reply   
Aj needs to learn to play the guitar, he's getting quite the collection Gordie, I don't think any Jr. men's rider has ever won 3 in a row that I can remember. Alex rode with him all day Friday (4 sets each) and Aj was riding lights out. I well post some Pic's when I get home.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-17-2007, 7:55 PM Reply   
Congrats AJ!!!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-17-2007, 8:08 PM Reply   
Saw it go down Sick weekend for AJ. We got to get out and ride together on Friday and Sat. He stuck 4 whirly 5s in a row and a toenine on friday! this kid is blowing up! Honestly we took over 8,000 pics of him Alex, Josh, Robby, I will post them soon! Alex and Robby are staying in town so we will get tons more photos tues and wed.
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-18-2007, 7:21 AM Reply   
Hey Randy, are you coming home or staying til Natl's? Larry is flying in on Wed.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-18-2007, 10:30 AM Reply   
Gordie, I'm going to the east coast to work for a couple of days, Alex & Robby C are staying and riding here for a couple of days then taking the train to Nationals on Wed. Thanks to the Shawn with the House Boardshop and Andy for the hook up, MN. folks rock
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-19-2007, 8:26 AM Reply   
Wow thats impressive!! Great job A.J. you are killing it!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       06-19-2007, 8:40 AM Reply   
I was talking to an industry heavyweight prior to the tour and he was laughing about the Jr. Men event this year because it seemed so obvious that Jimmy LaRiche was going to run away with it. Not to take anything away from Jimmy because he's definitely killing it and has nothing to be ashamed of, but big ups to A.J. for obviously working his butt off over the winter and blowing everybody's minds with his riding!

Great to see that it's never predictable and there's always somebody out there that can come out of nowhere.
Old     (aracinelli)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-19-2007, 2:56 PM Reply   
I think its obvious to those of us who reaally no AJ that he did'nt just come out of nowhere. AJ has been "killing it" for years now. He has always worked his butt off ever since he was 8 years old. AJ is a fairly quiet young man who lets his riding speak for himself. I for one new that this day was coming. AJ is a special young man who is finally getting recognition for all of his hard work. AJ, you are the MAN.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-19-2007, 5:30 PM Reply   
I rode with AJ for the week after PWT in Texas. He came with Alex Graydon over to our spot on Lake Martin in AL. I watched this kid learn a skeezer, BS 7, and a Pete all in like 2 days. To see someone pick up tricks that fast is unreal...
Before Texas he had only thrown a 9 twice! To have the confidence to throw a trick you've only thrown 2 times in your life at a PWT event is uncanny.

He's a super cool kid and hope he keeps rippin'
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-20-2007, 8:19 AM Reply   
I must agree with everyone, AJ puts in some serious work on his wakeboard. We rode with him friday and saturday, he takes a serious beating out on the water sometimes, he pays his dues learning new moves, he just happens to land on his feet faster than most. Good work AJ, can wait to see you destroy the Nationals Stop!
Old     (oopsds92)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-22-2007, 1:50 PM Reply   
how old is AJ?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-22-2007, 2:56 PM Reply   
17 years old