Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (iridelow1998)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-19-2009, 9:06 PM Reply   
Yeah buddy!!!! And then there was one!!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-20-2009, 9:45 AM Reply   
Dallas bucks the trend and pulls one out in December.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-20-2009, 12:48 PM Reply   
Against the Saints, none the less
Old     (akman)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-20-2009, 4:31 PM Reply   
Cliff.......TAMPA BAY??? hahahahahahaha
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-20-2009, 4:32 PM Reply   
Laugh?

Cry?

Scream?

Or just take it like a good little prison bi**h?

I've officially run out of smack for 09.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       12-20-2009, 4:43 PM Reply   
You know whats even better about Dallas winning against the Saints? Proving that Dallas that can win in December, on the road, against the Saints.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-20-2009, 6:10 PM Reply   
Thanks to the Sea Chickens, the Rams are looking good for that first round draft pick!! Ok, that's pretty weak smack, but I've got to find hope somewhere!
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-21-2009, 10:05 AM Reply   
Wheres all the Cowboy hater this week?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-21-2009, 10:29 AM Reply   
Your previous post...

By Richard Coop (mendo247) on Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 7:28 am:

Who you?
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-21-2009, 10:41 AM Reply   
Wheres all the Cowboy hater this week?

I am here...

Romo actually played a good game in Dec.

Don't get too up in arms though, the Saints are not all they were cracked up to be.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-21-2009, 10:51 AM Reply   
I actually hope the Hawks lose their last 2 games. At least then they might get a top 7 or 8 pick. On top of that hopefully the Donkeys keep losing and get the Hawks a 15-20 pick.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-21-2009, 10:54 AM Reply   
I'll hate....
I'm mixed on the Cowboys making the playoffs and perhaps even winning a playoff game. That would mean that coach Wade would be returning for yet another mediocre season next year. That would not be good

but

they sure looked good Saturday
woo hoo!
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-21-2009, 11:15 AM Reply   
Actually Romo has played great ALL December. Teammates let him down first two games.

I'd agree Cliff. I'm not sure how much longer Cowher wants to wait. I'd bet anything less than a conf championship and he may be gone.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-21-2009, 1:59 PM Reply   
since some are talking about good picks... how about Cutler, he was sure worth it.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-21-2009, 2:03 PM Reply   
Cutler is horrible. That whole offense it terrible though. They have a crappy Oline and zero receivers. I had Forte last year in my fantasy league and I ended up keeping him. What a f'ing bust. I am going to blame the Oline on that one though. I am not a fan of Chicago so I don't know what they did with their Oline in the off season but they might want to completely start from scratch.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-27-2009, 10:12 AM Reply   
Well,

I'm conservatively optimistic about today's play so far. If we keep chewing up yards on the ground we may just have a chance.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-27-2009, 11:40 AM Reply   

We're consistent that's for sure.
Old     (lsukuntryboy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-27-2009, 12:03 PM Reply   
the cowgirls just caught my saints at a bad time. shockey, bell, and half of the offensive line was on the sidelines in jeans. Hell i think our left guard is a 3rd string player. We have a starting corner that we picked up 3 weeks ago, and the other corner is 2nd string. The injury bug has hit the saints hard and they still almost won that game.

The cowgirls lived up to their reputation of sucking by letting the saints back in the game... it should have been a boring 4th quarter but the girls choked.

But all that matters now is that the saints are stomping the bucs and will get homefield advantage after today.....

but i bet the saints lose next week to carolina for letting the starters sit in the second half.
Old    bigdtx            12-27-2009, 12:24 PM Reply   
Cowboys cut Folk after he epically failed to make the chip shot FG to put the Saints game away - finally. Now we've got Shaun Suisham to kick against the Redskins - who cut him earlier in the season after he missed a chip shot FG against the Saints - pretty ironic.

It's put or shut up time for Dallas. They *should* destroy Washington this time around. I'm looking for a blowout.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       12-28-2009, 7:25 AM Reply   
Saints loose to the Bucs? That's pathetic.

Cowboys clinched a play off spot so I am pretty stoked. I am going the Philly vs Cowboys game this Sunday, hopefully the Cowboys will win again.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-28-2009, 8:39 AM Reply   
Cliff, I am so excited that my friend invited me to the game against Tennessee. It is going ot be fun buying $8 beers watching the Seahawks get mud stomped by Chris Johnson. That guy is going to run like a mad man at Qwest field. I think it is time to blow up the franchise. They need a whole new set of players, coaches and a GM.
www.firecoachmora.com
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-28-2009, 9:54 AM Reply   
Posted August 11th:
Hawks go 10-6 win the NFC west.
Eagles go 11-5 win the NFC east
Vikings go 9-7 win the NFC north.
Saints go 10-6 win the NFC south.
Packers & Cowboys get the wild card.

Looks like all my predictions came true, except one key team.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-28-2009, 4:59 PM Reply   
Its gonna be a wild weekend this week! Im glad the Cowboys are securely in. Im just torn on what to think. Part of me thinks a first round loss would be the best for the future of the franchise. But ofcourse I wont be able to root against them. My nightmare would be a first round win, second round loss, Wade stays cause he won a playoff game and Cowher takes another job.....
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-28-2009, 5:34 PM Reply   
Keep your eyeballs off of Cowher!

I want him or Chucky for our GM.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-29-2009, 5:43 AM Reply   
Awesome game last night!

I love this time of year even if my Hawks are nowhere in the picture.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-29-2009, 6:25 AM Reply   
I heard on the radio that Cowher is quietly putting a coaching staff together. If that's true, I'm afraid that he already has his eye on a job....and it's not the Cowboys
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-29-2009, 9:57 AM Reply   
That Vikes/Bears game was great. Kind of wish the Vikes could have pulled it off, just not a big Cutler fan. Peterson better figure out his fumble problem.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-29-2009, 10:08 AM Reply   
Darren, because Chicago won the Hawks move up a spot in the draft. We are slated to draft 7th right now.

I thought for sure Cutler was going to throw a pick in OT and they were going to lose.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-29-2009, 10:12 AM Reply   
So do the hawks trade their 7th pick and the other first round pick(from Denver) for the #1 spot and pick up Suh?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-29-2009, 11:27 AM Reply   
How about the seahawks trade every player on their team for the first 32 picks of the draft. They need to start over from scratch. There isn't just 1 or 2 spots they need help at. They need a new QB, RB, LT, at least one guard, wr is ok, TE is good, one DT, at least one DE, LB is fine, at least 1 safety and at least 1 CB. They also need a whole new coaching staff and GM. Time to blow it up and start over.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-29-2009, 5:16 PM Reply   
Hawks need a couple decent offensive lineman on the left side and a capable fullback. Take care of those positions and we'll do just fine.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-03-2010, 10:18 AM Reply   
Well, this is it. The last game of the year for my beloved Hawks. What a brutal disappointing year.

Even though we've sucked a better part of the year I still can't stand the fact that it's over after today.

I'm picking my Hawks to win by a touch down today.
Old    bigdtx            01-03-2010, 11:24 AM Reply   
So how you liking Julius Jones Cliff? Was so glad to see that dog leave Dallas. Felix Jones on the other hand... See if can break a kickoff for a TD today.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-03-2010, 4:15 PM Reply   
Bad end to a bad season.
Old    bigdtx            01-03-2010, 4:17 PM Reply   
Let's hear it for the NFC East Champion Cowboys! Woot!
Old     (goodwin)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-04-2010, 11:56 AM Reply   
Bill Cowher in Seattle? Hahahahahahahahahaah!!
You must be joking Cliff.
Julius Jones is JUNK, lets see what the little sparkplug (Justin Forsett) can do in 2010 with a decent offensive line and a different QB.
Time to hang up the cleats Matt Hasselhoff, bye bye.
Gonna be two or three tough rebuilding years, but the #6 pick and the #14 pick in the 2010 NFL draft is a good start.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-04-2010, 12:35 PM Reply   
Where are the Cowboy haters at?

It was a great game to attend. Good a** whopping to the Eagles and NFC East Champs. Hopefully they can beat them for a 3rd time. Here are a few pictures.Upload
Upload
Upload

And for any Philly fans out there...

Upload

(Message edited by Pierce Bronkite on January 04, 2010)
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-04-2010, 5:56 PM Reply   
Got a funny feeling Philly didn't really come to play. If so, it's an awful risky card to play against an emotional team like Dallas. Only game that really matters is the one they'll be in the weekend anyway.

The Cards obviously through their game away. Gonna be fun to see what they do next week.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-04-2010, 5:57 PM Reply   
Got a funny feeling Philly didn't really come to play. If so, it's an awful risky card to play against an emotional team like Dallas. Only game that really matters is the one they'll be in the weekend anyway.

The Cards obviously threw their game away. Gonna be fun to see what they do next week.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-08-2010, 10:31 AM Reply   
Ok... let's see how I do for pics when emotion isn't in the way.

AFC

Cinci over NY
New England over Baltimore

NFC

Cards over Green Bay
Eagles over Dallas

Anyone else wanna put their two cents in the bucket?
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-08-2010, 10:37 AM Reply   
AFC

Cinci over NY

NFC

Green Bay over Cards
Eagles over Dallas
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-08-2010, 10:38 AM Reply   
Mora Fired.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-08-2010, 10:45 AM Reply   
Wow that was quick. I'm totally shocked by Mora getting fired.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-08-2010, 10:49 AM Reply   
Haha,

posted it on the px90 thread on accident.

No gm and no head coach??
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-08-2010, 11:16 AM Reply   
Cliff, therein lyes the problem. I have a feeling they were forced to fire him because no decent GM is going to want to come into a position where the ownership has basically given the coach another year. A new GM is going to want to get "his guy". Hopefully in the next couple of days they announce a new GM and then the GM announces a new coach.

In all honesty Mora needed to be fired. I like the guy because he is a UW alum, a native to Seattle and a good guy but he completely lost that team. He calls out the offensive line but by the time the Hawks have the ball they are already down 2 TD's. That is his fault for not getting the team and defense ready to play. The hawks were a joke the last half of the season. They got donkeyed by everybody. I have no idea who they should hire for either position but I hope it works out.

On a side note, I just booked a flight to Vegas for the opening weekend of March Madness. Myself and 7 of my friends are going down as well as one of the Seahawks. Although he might not be a Seahawk anymore.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-08-2010, 11:58 AM Reply   
Cinci over New York

Green Bay over Cards

Dallas Over Phili
Old    sperbet            01-08-2010, 12:17 PM Reply   
...and the Seahawks continue to crumble, I LOVE it. With them and the Rams in shambles all I need now is for Warner to go down, then it's on!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-08-2010, 12:43 PM Reply   
Lotsa rumors flying around as to why they'd let him go after just one season. One has Cowher in negotiations for for the total control of operations. I'd love to see him as GM/Coach.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-08-2010, 2:32 PM Reply   
I love 49er fans that need the hawks, rams, and cards to crumble so they can win the division with a losing record.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-08-2010, 3:38 PM Reply   
Pete Carrol.

First UW steals Stevie Boy away to the Huskies and now the Hawks are almost certain to have lured USC's savior away.

I know there's gonna be a lot of references made to his New England days but Dude has certainly made a name for himself since then. Either way it turns out I'm just loving the fact that all you Cali boys may very well have just lost your hero.
Old    sperbet            01-08-2010, 3:42 PM Reply   
Too true Darren. But not with a losing record, we were 8-8 this year!

This Pete Carrol thing should be interesting. Great college coach, not so great NFL coach. Guess we'll see. I'd much rather have him there then someone like Cowher.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-09-2010, 10:26 AM Reply   
Well, Carrol coming to the Hawks should make UW better at least.
Scott, if your 49ers had a QB you could have won the NFC West. How long are they going to hang on to Alex Smith?
Old     (iridelow1998)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-10-2010, 1:34 AM Reply   
Sweet game! Way to put the eagles away AGAIN!!! Next stop, minnesota. Gotta keep it going! No haters today?
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-10-2010, 8:58 AM Reply   
Ah yes. Cowboys win again! Whats the excuse today? Philly didn't feel like winning?

So lets recap what all the haters say about the Cowboys.

Wade needs to get fired.
Romo sucks.
Can't win in December.
Can't beat Philly three times in a row.
Can't win a playoff game.

I wonder what the next one is? Cant win a Superbowl? Hmm...done that 5 times already.

Cowboys are gonna put Favre back in retirement.

(Message edited by Pierce Bronkite on January 10, 2010)
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-10-2010, 9:06 AM Reply   
Cowboys beat Vikings
Saints loose to either Cardinals or Packers

NFC TITLE GAME AT JERRY WORLD!!!!!

WOO HOO!!!
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-10-2010, 9:07 AM Reply   
Matchups... Im lovin the matchups we have against Minesota.... The stars could be lining up for the Cowboys. Heck im hoping for a Championship game at home, and wouldnt be suprised if happened.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-10-2010, 10:25 AM Reply   
Friggen Dallas fans...

Nothin but crickets chirping when when your boys are down but when they win a couple games ya run around the neighborhood like a bunch of Homers thumping your chests.

As for me, I'm down two pics after yesterday and if the Pats continue to play the way they are now I'm gonna be 0-3.
Old     (mnwakepuck)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-10-2010, 11:58 AM Reply   
Jerry can lick it...Farve will dominate, the old man got some needed rest and he is gonna shred the Boys D. Great job beating a decent (at best) team twice in a row...
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-10-2010, 1:25 PM Reply   
lol ummm philly was supposedly the hotest team in the NFC before they ran into the Cowboys..
Old     (iridelow1998)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-10-2010, 2:19 PM Reply   
Cliff, if you're ever down in southern California I owe you a dinner buddy. All kidding aside, I've probably won $1500 this year betting strictly against your predictions.

Love em or hate em, the Cowboys are playing some good ball right now. Sometimes they play A ball and sometimes they play C ball. I don't know if the coaching staff has figured out how to get the A team out there every week but if they have this should be a good run this year. If they haven't figured it out and the C team takes the field then that's all she wrote.

Definitely looking forward to a good game hosted by the NFC north next week.

Right now it looks like Az will be headed to New Orleans for some action next week.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-10-2010, 3:30 PM Reply   
I was 0-2 yesterday but looks like I'll be 2-0 today. Glad I took Warner as my fantasy QB this week, the old man still killing it!

Congrats to the Cowboys it has only been 13 years since a playoff win.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-10-2010, 5:04 PM Reply   
What a wild game!

Betcha Neil is thanking the Big Man in sky for that play in ot.

And the lowly NFC West is still alive.
Old     (mnwakepuck)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-10-2010, 9:41 PM Reply   
Yeah Richard that's true. I just can't get myself to like the Cowboys haha...but Vick was the only bright spot for Philly.....
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-11-2010, 10:36 AM Reply   
As a big time Packers fan that game last night was extremely painful, exciting, thrilling and painful. At the end of regulation when the Packers got down near the red zone, I was actually hoping they would slowly get into the endzone, burn the clock, score a TD and go for two and the win.

However, they had their chance. Rodgers missed Jennings on the double-post route in OT and that was the game. If he hits Jennings, the game was probably over, instead Rodgers gets hit fumbles and we lose.

Great first playoff start for Rodgers. I am sure he would've like that Faresque first play of the game back. If the Veterans can stay healthy one more year, this team should continue to be dangerous. But they have got to get an defensive lineman who can actually put pressure on a QB. Give most QB's in the league the amount of time Warner (and for a lesser part Rodgers) had and they will all put up gawdy numbers.}

(Message edited by bflat53212 on January 11, 2010)
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-11-2010, 11:33 AM Reply   
It's official Pete's our boy. Odd he isn't gonna be the GM though. Guess Paul has given him an open check book to get the Hawks back in line.
Old     (goodwin)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-11-2010, 11:52 AM Reply   
Sweet! A major part of the rebuilding process is done. The Hawks should snag some decent talent in the first round of the 2010 draft with #6 and #14. Pete should be able to post some winning seasons for the Hawks very soon.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-13-2010, 11:01 AM Reply   
1-3 Last week.

Let's see if I can do better this time around.

New Orleans over the Cards. Even though I'm rooting for the West to win doubt it will happen.

San Diego over Baltimore. Thinking their finally gonna get the playoff monkey of their back this year.

Minnesota over Dallas. Have to root for my boy Hutch.

Jets get creamed by Payton.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-13-2010, 11:10 AM Reply   
LOL, 0-4 Last Week!

Saints
Chargers
Vikes
Colts
Old     (misfits1981)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-13-2010, 11:19 AM Reply   
Didn't post but went 2-4 last week. I'll play this week...

Cardinals
Chargers
Cowboys...hurts to pick 'em over any team
Colts
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-13-2010, 11:41 AM Reply   
Cliff, San Diego plays The Jets, not Baltimore. lol
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       01-13-2010, 12:54 PM Reply   
Cliff, you have been too depressed at the ensd of the season to know what is going on, SD has a superbowl monkey, but they have won plenty of playoff games over the last few years.

Also, I guess if SD and Indy win, I'll still give you credit for your picks even though you have the opponents flipped.

I'll go (hope for)
SD
Baltimore
Indy
Vikes
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-13-2010, 5:50 PM Reply   
classic Cliffism

Fits my pics perfect this season.

Baltimore plays tough defense but I'm not going against Payton.

Still picking San Diego.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-17-2010, 10:58 AM Reply   
Whooooohooo,

Both my teams beat the spread yesterday. I'm up $75 bucks right now and the way things are looking early on Minnesota is gonna win me another $50. I'm thinking there will a be a change of profile pic today.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-17-2010, 1:00 PM Reply   
What a slaughter!

Dirt,

Hope you didn't lose too much of this seasons winnings going against my predictions this weekend.

As for the dinner you offered me...

Think I'm gonna take the coin I just won on the Dallas game and Throw me a little celebratory BBQ. A nice slab of teriyaki tri tip for the grill, a bottle of 2007 Barnard Griffin merlot, a couple baked potatoes and finish it off with a slice of german chocolate cake. You won't be here but my son and I will throw out a toast to ya and the Boys anyway.

If San Diego beats the spread this afternoon I'll be 5-3 on my playoff pics.

Time to change the ole profile pic.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-17-2010, 5:04 PM Reply   
Jet's earned respect today. I almost had the perfect weekend.

4-4 for the playoffs so far.

I'm taking Indy easy over the Jets next week. The NFC game is gonna be tough. I want to root for Minnesota but I think ya gotta side with the home team when you're playing against Brees and co. in New Orleans.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-17-2010, 5:52 PM Reply   
Go Jets I am sooooo excited. Cliff don't forget the Jets handed Indy their first loss of the season. The Jets are the spoilers this season.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-18-2010, 6:35 AM Reply   
Anyone have any predictions for the Super Bowl teams?

My pick is the Colts and the Saints with the Saints winning.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-18-2010, 8:16 AM Reply   
I'm officially on the Saint's bandwagon now!!
Vikes & Saints is going to be a great game.
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       01-18-2010, 9:05 AM Reply   
Well Football Season is over for the me and the SD faithful. I guess I'll be playing golf on on SB Sunday.

I also reveiewed my picks and see that I was 2 and 2. I also see that after I made fun of Cliff for his Gaffe, I picked both Indy and Baltimore, can't make much in vegas with those pics, ha ha.

Until next year, see you later "NFl Smack Talking Thread"
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-24-2010, 1:30 PM Reply   
Wholly crap this is a good game!

Jet's big plays have been awesome and then Payton strikes right back. This game is what the playoffs are all about.