Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-28-2007, 3:22 PM Reply   
Hey everyone,

sorry you guys see so much of me but Im really trying to do as much homework as I can with getting my boat.

Not sure if this is to personal to ask or not, but what the heck :P

This is mostly for the CDN dudes.

how much you paying for boat insurance? who you with? and what kind of boat?

just trying to get an idea so i dont get ripped off.

thanks again.

-chase
Old     (mechmaster)      Join Date: May 2006       09-28-2007, 3:33 PM Reply   
Beacon Underwriters (Salmon Arm BC)
98 Malibu VLX
Old     (goodtimes)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-28-2007, 10:02 PM Reply   
Check with Waterski Canada. I know you used to be able to get less expensive insurance if you were a Waterski Canada member. They had an insurance company that always advertised with them but it's been a while since I've had personal boat insurance so I'm not sure if they still have that deal. It was well worth it at the time. A ski/wakeboard club might know more too.
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-29-2007, 7:08 AM Reply   
Elco marine insurance in Barrie has been good to me for 4 years. 2000 Moomba, and my old Nautique. Less than $500 for the year for full coverage.
Old     (yager97)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-30-2007, 5:52 PM Reply   
check out scott-mcmichael, register with waterski canada, and they give you a real good rate.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-30-2007, 5:57 PM Reply   
Elco marine insurance in Barrie...
Best rates and great coveage... full replacement value for 4 years on my boat!!

phone number is 1-877-627-4633

Place comes highly recommened from alot of the Customer service oriented marina's including Buckeye Marine..

I am very happy with them thus far... friendly, good rates, easy renewal, etc

Expect on paying about $700 per year depending on your deducables, etc. This is for full replacement value including taxes as you are going to have to pay for them if you need a new boat.

(Message edited by GTI2lo on September 30, 2007)
Old     (sulmaxwell)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-30-2007, 7:40 PM Reply   
I have mine done with Premier marine out of BBy BC(604 524 9277)...they have always had better rates than that of the suppliers for WSC and WSBC have offered plus with no issues (like coverage of boat being stored while on trailer and such)...basically they cover alot of the 6/7 figure boats that are out and about in this province...so when if comes to a simple ws/wb boat...they have no issues covering...and their customer service has been amazing! I pay over $800 per year for drop key...meaning..total replacement...
Old     (bloat)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-01-2007, 12:31 AM Reply   
I was with A&A, but switched to Beacon this year. They were willing to give me covereage down south, where as A&A wouldn't. Money is one thing, but find out the specifics of your coverage. Some policies wont cover you out of country. Make sure your always completly covered for the replacement value, especially if you keep your boat in the water alot. Should expect to pay between $650-850 for a 60-70K boat.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-01-2007, 6:08 AM Reply   
marine experts......coverage for 40000 dollars ...supra.......500dollars......4 years full replacement value. It seems to always be based on replacement value....i believe they quoted me 529 if it was 45000....thats with taxes and all!

(Message edited by absoluteboarder on October 01, 2007)
Old     (weeds)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-02-2007, 9:52 AM Reply   
marine experts, 2007 Mobius LSV, 750.00 full coverage, no experience with claims so far...