Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (xtremebordgurl)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-25-2008, 12:48 PM Reply   
OK, now I know this may be a hot topic, but you computer knowledgeable people out there help a girl out. Right now my biz partner and i are Mac AND PC. I'm not going to lie, I'm a total Mac snob. But I'm starting to wonder if i have a right to be... I've been doing some internet research and I would just like to hear from some people here who have some facts.

Here's what I thought....

I THOUGHT Macs were all built by one company, the components built to work together, therefor work better than the mass array of generic parts that are put together by PCs that may not necessarily work well together. HOWEVER, in my reading it seem like a lot of the parts come from the same place... but why does the imaging/creative world (seem) to run 90% on Macs? It seems Mac is the industry standard for creatives, but why?

So here is why this is comming up... I have a mac, my biz partner has a PC, her PC is about to die and we both just assume when it dies we replace it with a mac (let me tell you trying to run a network of mac and PC is PURE CHAOS I don't care what anyone says about that!). But even though I just got a brand new iMac last month I'm wondering if, maybe PC is better???

I know at work it's all mac and the networking is sooo easy. The whole thing just works so much better. I just don't know. Any thoughts anyone? C'mon help a girl out! Keep in mind we're photographers, not video people so we don't need that much, but we do tend to run Bridge, PSCS3, Lightroom, Mail, and usually an internet browser all at the same time.

OK... get set.. GO!