Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (shepsigkap)      Join Date: Apr 2009       05-19-2009, 8:28 PM Reply   
I'm in search of a smaller diameter handle that is NOT pink. Preferably not purple either . . . I guess not your typical girlie colors and designs. I don't even need it to be a "girls" handle just something that is smaller so it will fit in my hands better.

SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!!!
Old     (ty540)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-19-2009, 9:00 PM Reply   
Check out the straightline ARI series. They have interchangeable grips, and some of them come in smaller diameters.
Old     (reconabe)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-19-2009, 10:06 PM Reply   
I have a byerly tractor grip

It is pretty thin. most people dont like it because of the hard rubber, but I love it
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-19-2009, 11:16 PM Reply   
The Proline LG series has a small diameter handle.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-20-2009, 1:13 AM Reply   
when you inquire about the lg handle, make sure you ask for the ones w/ the small diameter, as they come in 3 (i think) different sizes.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-20-2009, 8:07 AM Reply   
If you also like girls boardshorts that aren't pink and super short try the Ten80 Kensington. If you want a Life Jacket that isn't pink and is USCGA try the Oneil Law. Write an email to the companies and tell them you don't want girly girl crap or you wouldn't be wakeboarding. You may be surprised at the responce.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-20-2009, 8:30 AM Reply   
Joe is right. I think they have LG1 & LG2. Maybe it's just me but I know the silver and black Lg I have has a tiny diameter, But the white lg I have is thicker. And I know they have a Fatty but don't know the model of that.
Old     (shepsigkap)      Join Date: Apr 2009       05-20-2009, 8:59 AM Reply   
Thanks for your help!!

Looks like I'll be checking out the LG handles - I've heard good thing about them in general!

Mikey - I actually have the Oniel Outlaw vest and I LOVE IT!! Just plain black - no frills! Board shorts have been easier to find actually - I have like 4 or 5 pairs and none are pink but I think one or tow of them are actually guys shorts ... I just might have to shoot a couple companies an email about girls stuff being pink and purple ... It's a good idea thanks!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-20-2009, 10:10 AM Reply   
Also check out the CWB/Proline Faction handle. It is a triangle shape handle. Pretty small diameter. Very comfortable grip.

BTW... I've had LG's for the last 3 years. Great handles. Super comfy.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-20-2009, 11:16 AM Reply   
Sarah did you get the women's version of the Oneil Outlaw or the guys? My girlfriend doesn't like any of the womens 'belly vests' that seem to be so popular (and dumb) and is considering a used mens Outlaw. How does it fit?

My girl tried guys boardshorts too but they look funny - super baggy butt and crotch. The Ten80 Kensingtons have a great fit up in the hips and look really nice. Check 'em!
Old     (shepsigkap)      Join Date: Apr 2009       05-20-2009, 12:06 PM Reply   
I have the mens outlaw because I too HATE the shortie vests. I tried on hundreds of vests for like a season and a half I finally found the outlaw and I love the way it fits! I had it all last season and I am so glad I waited to find it because it is so worth it!

The guys shorts are definately hit and miss for girls! I think my roxy and bilabong shorts fit better for sure.
Old     (shepsigkap)      Join Date: Apr 2009       05-20-2009, 6:45 PM Reply   
So I just got Accurate's version of the LG handle and an additional mainline. I went with the Accurate version because I really wasn't a big fan of the black/gold or the black/neon green combos that the local shop had in the LG. I walked around the store with the LG in one hand and the Accurate in the other and then had my fiance hold them both out and with my eyes closed tried to pick which one was the LG and couldn't tell. I basically was 50/50 on my picking so I went with the Accurate one b/c it was blue and white.

I know I'm asking a lot I don't want a girlie pink handle but I also don't want neon green or gold . . .

I am excited to give the new handle a go this weekend!!!

My fiance ended up getting a new Ronix North handle too . . . it only seemed fair after I made him walk around the store with me and play the blindfold pick a handle game with me