Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-07-2004, 9:22 PM Reply   
I'm thinking about renting San Vicente in San Diego on Monday, 7/19 for a photo shoot with Andrew Adkison and possibly some other pros. From what I hear, it costs $1000 to do so. To cover the cost we would invite up to 10 additional boats out for the day and charge them each $100 (or 1/10 of the total cost). The 10 would have the run of the lake except for the areas in which we would be shooting.

So you'd get to bring out a boatload of riders, spend the entire day on a huge lake with only 9 other boats to deal with and get to see some pro riders tear it up all for only $100 (or thereabouts). Split that up between all your riders and it's pretty cheap (although I believe the lake still charges the regular fees of $5 per boat and person).

Would anybody be interested? Let me know your thoughts.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-07-2004, 9:39 PM Reply   
That is awesome
to bad i live in louisiana
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-07-2004, 10:20 PM Reply   
I'd be down for that if anyone needs riders in their boats, drop me a line.

thanehouse@hotmail.com
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-08-2004, 6:44 AM Reply   
sounds like a good deal...i wish i could do it
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-08-2004, 7:15 AM Reply   
Any day but Monday!!! Tell Andrew I have mu mandatory office days on Monday, he'll understand
Old    watarski            07-08-2004, 8:34 AM Reply   
I'll actually be out of Panama City and in San Diego on business that day. If anyone needs people to help chip in, please let me know-
Craig
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-10-2004, 10:09 PM Reply   
Wow, I figured a lot of people wouldn't be able to make it on a Monday, but certainly didn't expect the response to be this underwhelming. I guess we won't be able to do it. Thanks to those that responded.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-12-2004, 4:05 AM Reply   
Dave,

Sounds like a really cool idea. I wish it was a bit farther down the line so you could get a better response. Unfortunately, I am also busy that day, otherwise I would jump at it. I usually go Thursdays and Fridays to beat the crowds on the weekends, but Monday would be Great!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-12-2004, 10:42 AM Reply   
Yeah, I'm hoping it was the short notice that was the problem. Seemed like a pretty good deal to me.
Old     (purana182)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-12-2004, 4:20 PM Reply   
Dave, Geoff at wakesports buddy.
That has been on my mind forever, i actually talked to the lake about it all a couple of days ago, and they told me $750. so i don't know, but yeah if i had a little bit more notice i would totally be down!! might still be down if you get it all together and need one more boat i might be able to get out of stuff, and i could def put together a boat load. So gimme a call at wakesports if you need me and my '04 SAN. Talk to you later bro.
Old     (gvb)      Join Date: May 2003       07-16-2004, 4:24 PM Reply   
I missed out on the last San V lake day, but I am in if someone else organizes another rent day.

-gvb