Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (chqwakeboarder)      Join Date: May 2006       01-20-2008, 7:36 AM Reply   
I was looking into buying a pair of ronix bindings and was wondering about heat molding them. The problem is that the only ronix dealer in our area doesn't have the equipment to mold the bindings on site. So my question to all of you is how would I go about molding the bindings at home? I know you can put them in the oven, but don't know much more than that. Thanx for any help
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-20-2008, 7:51 AM Reply   
The Ronix boots use the same heater at 32 snowboard boots, try to find a good snowboard shop and they should be able to help you out.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-20-2008, 11:02 AM Reply   
Do not put them in the oven!!!!
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-20-2008, 11:24 AM Reply   
Thats really strange that a Ronix dealer wouldn't have the cooker, i really though that was something that came with carrying the brand.
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-20-2008, 11:52 AM Reply   
DO NOT PUT THEM IN THE OVEN!!!!!!

Like Corey said....try a snowboard shop.
Old     (chqwakeboarder)      Join Date: May 2006       01-20-2008, 7:53 PM Reply   
Thanx alot guys. My bro just got some 32 snowboard bindings for christmas, I'll ask him where he got them baked at.
Old     (gotwake124)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-27-2008, 7:00 PM Reply   
I have always heard not to heat mold the Ronix bindings because when you do, you lose a good amount of the padding in the foot bed, which is what cushions your landings. From my experience, the bindings are more than comfortable without the heat molding, so why lose any of the impact absorption?
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-28-2008, 8:22 AM Reply   
That's really strange that your Ronix Dealer doesn't have the heater? Try just about any snowboard shop that carries heat molded boots and that should work.
Old     (wake4chicks)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-28-2008, 10:30 AM Reply   
i had the same problem last year. went to a local snowboard shop and he used a heat molder for some burton boots and it worked just fine. so comfortable.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-29-2008, 4:54 AM Reply   
the cooker for the boots is an additional cost for the dealers.. Sounds like your dealer was trying to go the more inexpensive route. I am beginning to wonder if the heat molded is more trouble than its worth. I had to drive a distance to get my heated....what a pain. Technically I need to get them reheated after the first season. I have bought the new Murray boot for this next season and have had the opportunity to ride it a few times now. I like that boot way more than my cells. But that is just my opinion. Once I get my cell reheated...i am going to do a side to side comparison...from weight to ride..edging etc. etc. I will say this...the Murray is way easy to get in and out of with the linerless binding and they are super comfy with the EVA foam cushion inside. But you know as well as I....ronix will evaluate that boot this year and one up them next season. Not to Hijack the thread...just wanted to encourage you to try the new Murray's too. they are a wonderful boot.
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-30-2008, 6:21 AM Reply   
I just recently purchased the 2008 One boots and I think they're super comfortable without the molding.
Old     (wakefarmer)      Join Date: Nov 2007       01-30-2008, 6:26 PM Reply   
I heard wearing them in a hot tub works. I hav'nt done mine yet but thats what I was told.