Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-18-2006, 2:00 PM Reply   
hey i have the JL marine 10" sub in the boat from the factory as well as 2 10w6's.

i was wondering if it is good to be playing both subs or should i disconnect the marine sub so it doesn't interfere with the frequencies of the w6's
thanks
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-18-2006, 2:07 PM Reply   
If you like the way it sounds and dont mind the extra power draw from the stock sub, there should be no reason to remove it. You might want to unhook it to see if you like the sound better with or without it, but the more boom the better it sounds IMO
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-18-2006, 3:10 PM Reply   
maybe i will try it out with unhooking the sub to see if it changes the sound
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-19-2006, 7:17 AM Reply   
your probably not getting much sound out of that free air sub. i say un hook it. i bet it will sound better
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-19-2006, 8:31 AM Reply   
thats what i was thinking because it does add some bass with out the W6's but when the w6's are hooked up i think they just way over power them and the free air probbaly only hurts the subs
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-19-2006, 2:48 PM Reply   
i am also considering making a box that would be used as a jump seat as well. the sub would not be in a storage compartment compared to the 2 10w6's i ave right now. but would the 1 w6 be louder then the 2 w6's in the storage compartment.