Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-15-2006, 9:48 AM Reply   
looking for something to cover my tower during long road trips this summer--gets old cleaning off the bugs before launch. someone suggested stetch wrap like they use to wrap around pallets and i think that's a great idea. i checked uline.com but they will only sell in cases of 4 and it's like $60-70 for it. i just want a single role. anybody know where i could find this stuff cheaper or have a better idea?
Old     (biz)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-15-2006, 9:50 AM Reply   
Saran wrap.
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-15-2006, 9:51 AM Reply   
what about plain old Cling Wrap for sandwiches. Seems like it would work fine and as often as you would use it, might be something to look at. It sure is easier to peel off sandwich wrap than scrub bugs off a tower. If you really want to go with something heavier, we bought a roll of cling wrap for moving...keeps the drawers from moving in the truck and such. Got that at the Home Depot.
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-15-2006, 9:52 AM Reply   
They sell wide rolls of stretchwrap at home depot.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-15-2006, 9:59 AM Reply   
saran wrap would get a little expensive and i don't know how it would hold up at interstate speeds. :-)

thanks for the replies. i'll check out home depot.

i also found 4 rolls of 80 gauge with handles for $15. if home depot doesn't have something similar, i'll pull the trigger on this one

http://www.globalindustrial.com/gcs/product/productInfo.web?infoParam.mode=1&infoParam.itemKey =30041401
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-15-2006, 9:59 AM Reply   
Also try pam cooking spray. Spray a light layer on before you leave and once you arrive at your destination, take a papertowel and wipe off
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-15-2006, 10:24 AM Reply   
I've done the Pam thing, it works pretty good. and it's easy
Old     (mcfly)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-15-2006, 10:55 AM Reply   
RainX works very well too.

McFly
www.waterskiboatsdallas.com
Old     (bughunter)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-15-2006, 2:13 PM Reply   
I used the kitchen wrap for a trip from Texas to Florida... it held up fine.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-15-2006, 2:34 PM Reply   
Packaging supply store. If you know anybody at a manufacturing facility that palletizes product, they may have end rolls that might work.
Old     (paublo)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-16-2006, 6:16 AM Reply   
They also sell it at U-Haul.