Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old    bocephus            01-06-2008, 10:21 AM Reply   
What's going on? We went out the lake yesterday and were the only riders all day long! You guys should stop bitching about who builds the best boat and actually get in one and ride one every now and again!!

This goes out to the guy who was laughing at my wetsuit last month - where were you yesterday? Glass everywhere, not another boat in sight??
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-06-2008, 10:30 AM Reply   
Wetsuit in AZ? Seriously?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-06-2008, 10:52 AM Reply   
Unfortunately here in Colorado our lakes don't have any water in them from September thru March/April or until the snow melts in the mountains to fill them up. All of our water fills your lakes down there in AZ!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-06-2008, 10:56 AM Reply   
mine's frozen.
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-06-2008, 11:08 AM Reply   
Frozen lake doesn't stop us over here in the UK. Twice now the lake has had 1/2" of ice over it. We just ride anuhow and after a few sets the ice clears along the middle.
Old    bocephus            01-06-2008, 11:10 AM Reply   
Y'all sound like a bunch of pantywaists to me...

Excuses, Excuses...
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-06-2008, 11:22 AM Reply   
someone needs a big hug." stick and stones may hurt my bones but words wont seem to hurt me"
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-06-2008, 11:40 AM Reply   
There was around 10 boats at Saguaro yesterday Ryan. I wasnt there but my buddy went out, being ON CALL SUCKS!!!
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-06-2008, 11:51 AM Reply   
I'd love to see some you guys ride here. 38 degree water, 30 degree air temps. Come on, AZ boy, you talk tough. Lets ride.
Old    bocephus            01-06-2008, 12:02 PM Reply   
Steve,
Ya, we figured Saguaro would be full so we went to Tetekaka if you know what I mean. There were about 4 or 5 guys fishing, a houseboat, and a big go fast boat out there. Glass everywhere though. How is the X2 compared to the Sanger - wake wise?

I do wear a funny looking outfit because I get cold easily, but I am still out there riding every weekend! We each get in at least three sets every time we go out, none of this panzy one set crap...
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-06-2008, 3:01 PM Reply   
we went out today in orlando 75 degree air temp probably 68 degree water. Took 2 sets and taught some people how to ride. Balast pumps weren't working so I was not that motiated to ride 3 or 4 sets.
Old     (running_turtle)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-06-2008, 3:04 PM Reply   
I'm out on my lake every weekend and i got a broke foot =D
Air temp 78
Water temp 72
i no i no i'm ruffn it
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-06-2008, 3:11 PM Reply   
Ya, come up north, leave AZ and see how much your riding in the winter... You wanna talk about being a pansy "I do wear a funny looking outfit because I get cold easily". weak.

You may be the first person to actaully complain about not having anyone else on the lake
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-06-2008, 3:55 PM Reply   
Wetsuits in AZ,
Old    bocephus            01-06-2008, 5:30 PM Reply   

quote:

You may be the first person to actaully complain about not having anyone else on the lake

Umm...I was using sarcasm and bashing on some of the people that use this forum for all the my boat is better than yours...Get a clue..I wasn't complaining.

quote:

Wetsuits in AZ

Actually I wear a drysuit and stay as warm as I can. this weekend it was 59 Air and 57 Water. I know a guy who moved here from Chicago and said that it wasn't cold... Well after about 10 minutes of wakeboarding in here in AZ in January he was a nice deep dark blue color and now wears a drysuit. We wakeboard in the same clothes that we wear to the bar that we stop at on the way home.

To all you haters....You choose were you freaking live...I live in Arizona so I can wakeboard and snowboard in the same day.
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-06-2008, 6:29 PM Reply   
Bocephus. Whats the need to bash anyone? I think most people take pride in their rides including you... YOUR personal quote states your manufacturer is the best.

As for snowboarding and wakeboarding in the same day thats a stretch and not everyone gets to choose where they live.

AS a TRUE AZ native who had to move for their career I apologize to all the fellow WW members to listen to this immaturity. AZ is a great state with great people...well most people.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-06-2008, 6:39 PM Reply   
I live in MN so I can listen to other people tell me how awesome it is where they live, it's great!
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-06-2008, 7:59 PM Reply   
I was out this weekend had to drive to VA but it was worth the trip.
Old     (brad63)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-06-2008, 8:25 PM Reply   
i saw a guy out on my lake today. There is a foot of snow on the ground and its -10 outside. Hes pretty hardcore
Old    kidrik            01-06-2008, 9:23 PM Reply   
Who's the "real" hater....? Man, usually your posts are chill, but damn........if your claiming to call out the "my boat's better" croud, then why would you call out the guys who have no water in their lakes or the one's whose sh@t is frozen over......? Harsh words from someone wearing a drysuit in obviously the best place in the world to wakeboard, and spring like conditions...........Do you wear the same drysuit snowboarding too, while hating on the people in tropical conditions for not snowboarding down the mountains that have no snow?
Which is worse, my boat's better than yours..........or, I'm boardin' and you're not?

Oh, and I'm a proud M-effer who would kill to get even just ONE set in, if that's what it took, between the many other important obligations in life. Anyone riding less than 3 sets is a pansy? Must be nice to have that kind of time.............Oh wait, no it wouldn't.
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-06-2008, 9:26 PM Reply   
I would be happy to be the only one out and I was today! But you won't catch me riding when a dry suit is required. Talk all the smack you want but I bet you don't learn anything new or ride well when its that cold.
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-06-2008, 9:35 PM Reply   
"As for snowboarding and wakeboarding in the same day thats a stretch" -MOX

Ya seriously...that would be like living 10 minutes from the Delta and and 2 hours from Dodge Ridge and Bear Valley.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-06-2008, 10:57 PM Reply   
wake boarding is for fools. tubing is WAY better. try to tube when the water is 45 degrees. yea thats what i thought.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-06-2008, 10:59 PM Reply   
my favorite thing in the world is watching a x star pulling two tubes and power turning and watching all the wake boarders with their gangster bandanas get pissed off. just kidding.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-06-2008, 11:33 PM Reply   
""As for snowboarding and wakeboarding in the same day thats a stretch" -MOX

Ya seriously...that would be like living 10 minutes from the Delta and and 2 hours from Dodge Ridge and Bear Valley."

Also easily done in Seattle. Plenty of lakes an hour or so away from several ski areas.
Old    bocephus            01-07-2008, 5:15 AM Reply   
LOL, I love posting on this forum... Everyone's so damn serious.
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-07-2008, 6:07 AM Reply   
jayc, How can you ride on a lake with 1/2 inch of ice on it. I'm not calling you a liar I just don't see how that's possible. Anyhow that would be cool to see some pics of riding on an iced over lake.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-07-2008, 6:08 AM Reply   
MAN ARE YOU CRAZY?, Its too cold here its like 85 degrees.

Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-07-2008, 9:18 AM Reply   
This thread is lame and pointless... Go act like a big tough guy, in your wetsuit, elsewhere.

Just curious, prolly going to laugh at you, but whats the water temp in Arizona?
Old    bocephus            01-07-2008, 9:34 AM Reply   
The water temperature here is posted above.

Are you saying that most threads aren't lame and pointless?

The water isn't actually that bad, it's the wind thats cold...
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-07-2008, 10:13 AM Reply   
So the moral of this thread is that if you can go out and ride today because it's nice and warm out where you live, you can also go stick it in your arse :-)
Old    bocephus            01-07-2008, 10:15 AM Reply   
Already done Sinko! I can't fit much more up there!
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-07-2008, 11:05 AM Reply   
Ahah, no worries, I'm just jealous of the warm weather - although all the shred bettys on the hill are awesome, they'd be even better in bikinis...
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       01-08-2008, 5:31 PM Reply   
There was a guy out on my lake today. Ice fishing.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-08-2008, 11:05 PM Reply   
I agree with Bo. I've spent my week at the Boat Show, and just walking around have heard some much trash talk and drama between dealers, owners, and companies in general, and it's really starting to piss me off. I know this is a business oriented world, but this is not just our sport, or place to make money, this is our fun and stress relief. I'm so sick of people talking trash about other boats, when we should be happy to be on a boat period. I rep MC, and would always love to be on one, but when it boils down to it, I'm happy on an 81 nautique 2001. what happened to the core of the sport. that's why I love surfing so much, it is such a pure sport. you and a wave. no need to bitc h about stuff, lets just get back to what it's all about, what we did before we even knew the difference between boats. sure there is friendly competition, but when it boils down to it, there shouldn't be all this BS goin around!!
Thanks to Dan at M2 for stopping by and chattin with us tonight, and helping me genuinely see that not everyone has got there nose in the air about how their stuff is better than everyone elses, it was good to talk to you just about riding in general, it's all about having fun with whoever you're with, not just the boat you're on.

P.S.

I/O's still suck...
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-09-2008, 7:58 AM Reply   
Josh,
everything you said made sense about the trash talking and how we should just be happy to be out on the water and then... you say
" I/O's still suck..." .
Well, lets just say you blew it with that last statement. I guess people with I/O's just shouldnt be happy to be out on the water.
Welcome to the trash talkers club Josh.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-09-2008, 8:10 AM Reply   
You just started a war josh...
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-09-2008, 8:15 AM Reply   
I feel it's important that I can ski or snowboard for 8 months of the year. Just because it's too cold the other 4 months shouldn't really be a problem, should it? Now if I can get the Zamboni driver on the lake to stop long enough to tie on some spectra I'll get my son to take his skates off and ride his hyperlite. Of course at this temperature every suit is a dry suit, until you come back inside.
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-09-2008, 8:49 AM Reply   
Paul, How do you ride on a lake with 1/2" of ice?

Power the boat through it so it all breaks up! It does tend to overheat the motor on the first run as ice doesn't flow through the scupper that well but after a few runs the ice breaks up enough. I wouldn't do it with my main boat but the cheap MC we have a the lake doesn't really matter too much if it gets a bit damaged!

Check www.myspace.com/wakeattack for some pics and a vid of me riding on ice.

Oh and last week I wakeboarded in the morning then used the indoor ski slope in the afternoon. I could only just walk monday morning though!

(Message edited by jayc on January 09, 2008)
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-10-2008, 12:11 AM Reply   
needless to say, in saying I/O's still suck, if that's all I had, I'd rock it! Hell, one of our team riders rode behind her parents fishing boats, as redneck as that sounds, for years before getting behind an actual wake boat!

I don't care what kind of board your riding, how you're riding it, what boat your behind, or even what kind of set up you've got, if you're getting out, having fun, trying til you can't try any more, we're on the same page! of course I've got my preference, but I ride behind an 81 nautique 2001, 93 Maristar 225, 03 Super Air 210, 06 gravity games supra, 07 X-Star, and soon to be an 08 CSX 220.

I love it all, and enjoy riding with people that feel the same!!
Old     (xaggie)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-10-2008, 9:15 AM Reply   
Get off WakeWorld and get to the shop Buzz. The rumor is Sushi for lunch.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-10-2008, 9:56 AM Reply   
MONTREAL TEMP : minus 20 hummm i think my prop is jammed or something ... someone can help me ??
Old     (csparks13)      Join Date: Apr 2004       01-10-2008, 10:15 AM Reply   
Don't give him any slack Matt. Are you going to be at the show tomorrow? Josh what's this about a CSX 220?
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-10-2008, 10:42 AM Reply   
lkjhasdfkjl I have to change the oil in my car, wash it, rake leaves, then I'll be there. Tell tyler to wait and I'll ride with him, I'm sick of driving.

I'll be there tomorrow Cody if you wanna come help, And the CSX 220 is our demo boat at the shop! We've got a center console, T-Top, fishing wakeboard crossover!! lol, can't wait!!
Old     (xaggie)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-10-2008, 11:52 AM Reply   
I will be there tomorrow after I shut the shop down Cody. Give me a shout and we'll meet up.
Old     (csparks13)      Join Date: Apr 2004       01-10-2008, 12:01 PM Reply   
Sweet, we can fish during rider changes. Are you guys going riding anytime soon? Matt I think that X-80 need to be driven.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-10-2008, 1:31 PM Reply   
X-80?? psh, that 40th needs to get wet!! I think we're going within a couple weeks! Bring your rod and reel!!
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       01-10-2008, 4:45 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-10-2008, 8:26 PM Reply   
Now that is hardcore!!!
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-10-2008, 8:29 PM Reply   
OMG that is crazy.
Old    bocephus            01-10-2008, 8:51 PM Reply   
Nice!
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-10-2008, 8:54 PM Reply   
Someone had to have a video camera around there?
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       01-10-2008, 9:01 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-10-2008, 9:21 PM Reply   
need some closed toes???
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-10-2008, 9:25 PM Reply   
I am assuming that those coffee cups are at least full of coffee and Baileys?
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-10-2008, 11:08 PM Reply   
I can see why you went out Kirk.
That water looks like glass.

Reminds me of an Easter beer hunt I once went on.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-11-2008, 6:13 AM Reply   
"Reminds me of an Easter beer hunt I once went on."

Those babies are tough to take down, especially those big kegs

Good sport, but not the best eat'n

J/K Art }
Old    bocephus            01-11-2008, 7:38 AM Reply   
You guys remember the pictures that Russian posted a couple years ago?? The boat was covered in ice - it looked like great ballast...
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-11-2008, 9:04 AM Reply   
Ahhh hot water shower. Can't be without ours in the winter.

We fill up buckets with hot water while idling and waiting for everyone to get their boards on etc then use them to thaw our feet out once back on the dock.