Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-05-2005, 9:01 PM Reply   
I have seen the Indo Boards around and was wondering how much they can help with wakeboarding. They look like a great tool for the off season to work on balance, strength, etc.. I'd love to hear all your thoughts!

Also, if someone is selling one.....I may be interested.
Old     (proho)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-05-2005, 9:15 PM Reply   
fun but expensive. build your own. look into vew-do boards.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-05-2005, 9:25 PM Reply   
seems to only get used when everyone is VERY drunk??!! Go figure!
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       09-06-2005, 5:02 AM Reply   
"Indo Horse" is a fun game to play as is "Name That Grab". Its definately a good way to help with balance. I love it.

Its all fun and games then theres THIS guy---> http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=13523

Theres a small clip of a girl hula hooping on an indo board in this vid ---->http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=15198
Old     (ndh2o)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-06-2005, 6:04 AM Reply   
Those ppl in those 2 videos are goons. Where do you find this stuff, lol !!!
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       09-06-2005, 6:47 AM Reply   
OK. Who invited the polock!!??
Old    grant_davis            09-11-2005, 6:22 PM Reply   
There is a trick to giting an indo or any balance board to actually help train you. What you need to do is put a hook in the roof then attach free weights to the rope put the roap threw the hook and over to where you have the board set up. this will give you a pull like you are on the water great for learning wakeskate tricks. (PB showed me that)
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-11-2005, 7:40 PM Reply   
Great idea!! Simulates the pull while you practice your tricks. Now, any ideas on which Indo Board to get. The original or the longer one? Which one do you all use and how much does it really help in the offseason?
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-12-2005, 1:53 AM Reply   
It is good for building small proprioceptive (stabilizing) muscles in the knees and ankles, which can potentially help reduce injury while helping with balance. Physical therapists use similar tools to rehab injuries. I made my own for next to nothing - 8" diameter industrial-grade plastic pipe (go to pipe supplier for a scrap or find one somewhere), some bathtub traction strips from Home Depot, scrap of thick plywood. My new thing is to balance on a 2x4 instead of the plywood - forces you to balance heel to toe in addition to left and right. It's pretty hard, you guys should try it. Just lay about a 3 foot section of 2x4 on your cylinder, step on and try to achieve stability.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-12-2005, 8:18 PM Reply   
Run a concave skateboard deck, that makes things fun and interesting.
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       09-12-2005, 10:55 PM Reply   
Great for rehab of knees and ankles, also look into balance discs - performbetter.com