Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 23, 2005

Old    kfalcon            07-22-2005, 2:50 AM Reply   
I am going to be buying a new boat sometime soon. I was at the Calabria dealership today and the Pro-V has really got my attention. I have never been behind one or ridden in one so I was looking for some opinions... Wake shape, size with the stock ballast, ride, value for the dollar etc.

Thanks in advance!
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-22-2005, 5:40 AM Reply   
Fast Ballast system. Minimal bow rise. Lots of storage and interior.

Wake Shape: Not to vert with a nice transition.

Size: Stock ballast knee high add weight to make larger.

Boat rides very nice including rough water.

Handles like a smaller boat.

Value probaby the best on the market. Very solid boat that can be found loaded for just over 40k

Biggest problem with the boat is people will weight it incorrectly. This will make the boat handle poorly.

As with anything test drive and make your own decision.
Old    kennethl            07-22-2005, 6:45 AM Reply   
dont be afraid to make adjustments to the wake plate. Trimming it up from the factory setting really enhanced our wake
Old     (sydwayz)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-22-2005, 2:53 PM Reply   
Everything Phaeton said and.......

Friendly, very personable factory.

One off custom boats.

MerCruiser engine, means it can be serviced just about anywhere.

And yes, Best Boat for your money. Unbeatable.

Plus if you buy one, you join " La Familia " aka " the family "......for life.
Old     (sharkb8)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-22-2005, 4:22 PM Reply   
Just bought a '05 Pro V. 1st boat for the family (although grew up w/boats). We are super happy with it so far, after doing a lot of research, and lurking here for a while, found it offered the best wake, room, construction and features for the price. Would definately make the same choice again. We recently hired 'pro' level guys to teach our kids wakeboarding and they took a couple passes behind the boat. They kept asking how much weight we added (sacs). We told them it was the stock PureVert, they asked how long to pump in the water, we said 'no pumps' less than a minute to fill, 15 seconds to drain. I felt like a walking brochure. They were very impressed though. This boat is a total blast!!!
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-22-2005, 4:39 PM Reply   
Loaded for just over 40K! Was that a typo. What size is that? I'll be looking to buy a new boat maybe next year or the year after and the Pro V's have caught my attention but had no idea about price. They are nice looking boats. I love the new towers.
Old     (sharkb8)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-22-2005, 4:57 PM Reply   
Jethro,
Not a typo...mine was fully loaded..for low 40's (no tower speakers, but everything else...). You could deck it out with an awesome stereo and still be under $45k. A great boat, and a great deal.
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-22-2005, 7:07 PM Reply   
I'm pretty happy with our 02 Cally pro v. I stopped using extra ballast for awhile but I think I'm gonna start running an extra 500#. I went from riding behind a 95 Maxum 17 footer so it was a huge difference. Incredible amount of room in these things!