Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (tolo3)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-15-2007, 6:10 PM Reply   
Hi, i am 188 more or less and i would like to know if a man could ride a woman board. I like the angel 134 and i dont know whats the difference between a men or women board. Because if the only difference is the length maybe i couls ride it. Thanks for ur help.
Old     (shagman)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-15-2007, 6:13 PM Reply   
Depends on how secure you are in your masculinity.....But seriously most women's boards, with a few exceptions, are just guy's boards with different graphics, and generally smaller. In this case I would say the 134 is too small for you, but if it's all you've got, it's all you've got.
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-15-2007, 6:19 PM Reply   
The angel is the same as the team, I rode the angel for a while since I didn't have to pay for it, awesome board in my opinion, but seems a little small for your weight.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       03-15-2007, 6:39 PM Reply   
The answer is Yes they can, but it helps to have a womens life vest on and a pair of hot pink short shorts. Oh yeah and you have to be blasting anything Cold Play sings on the tower speakers. I heard snapping your fingers a lot while shaking your tushy helps you get more air when on a womens board. JK.

I am only playing. Hey if that all you have and your okay with it go for it. I have tried my wifes board just to see how it rode once or twice.
Old     (biz)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-18-2007, 8:02 AM Reply   
Only Borat could answer that question.

Seriously, try every board you can get under your feet. A few years back i rode a 135 at 195 so no worries on that part. Typically you will want a larger/longer board when you get closer to 200. Once again typically. It all depends on rider preference.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-18-2007, 8:11 AM Reply   
get the team 143, same shape and better size for your weight-the bigger the board the softer the landing
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-18-2007, 9:43 AM Reply   
'shagman' got it right!
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-18-2007, 9:58 AM Reply   
Get the Team 139 or 143. Again same board, bigger size, more manly graphics.
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-18-2007, 6:38 PM Reply   
I think Tim Hardaway will chime in on this one.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-18-2007, 6:42 PM Reply   
I tried every single pair of boots in the LF line up last year and if riding a pair of blue or pink boots was what it was going to take for me to stick with an LF boot I was about to do it.

If you're cool with riding some chick oriented graphics, why not?
Old     (jwr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-18-2007, 7:26 PM Reply   
I think I once read that LF used a different fiberglass on their women's boards, to make them flex softer. I think it was designed to make the board land softer and I make it more forgiving. I think it was on their website.
Old     (kaesen)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-18-2007, 9:03 PM Reply   
most women boards are the same shape as mens boards... just different sizes and graphics.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-18-2007, 9:10 PM Reply   
Justin is right. LF uses a different fiberglass weave on the girl boards. they use a biaxial weave in the girls boards for a softer flex and they use a triaxial weave in the guys boards.
Old    wakejjboard12            03-20-2007, 6:39 AM Reply   
I saw a guy at OWC one time riding the pink syn... and he was killing it!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-20-2007, 7:09 AM Reply   
triaxial, huh? they make 139 in the Diva. sounds like your ride.