Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-10-2010, 11:22 PM Reply   
Got it all in and tuned today. Sounds pretty darn good and I'm happy with the output from the bullets.

Headunit: Sony MEX BT3700U
EQ: Wetsounds WS420
Volume Control: Watersport Innovations Boost Box
Sub: Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1d, dual 4 ohm voice coils
Box: homemade mdf, sealed with fiberglass
Tower Speakers: Bullet Hollowpoint 770s
Boat Speakers: whatever the stock kickers were in 2006 x4
Sub Amp: Kicker ZX700.5 (420w)
Tower Amp: Kicker ZX700.5 (165wx2)
Boat Amp: Kicker zx450.2 (225wx2)

Didn't think the little blocks of Trex would be so easy to see on the EQ:

And a demo of how far away the bluetooth will work:

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-11-2010, 12:08 AM Reply   
tower speakers

Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-11-2010, 4:46 AM Reply   
Very nice. Bluetooth is awesome
Old     (dbdan)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-11-2010, 11:08 AM Reply   
Nice set up! I like the idea of the bluetooth, that's sweet.

Are your batteries up front behind the spotter's seat? If so, was that the stock location or did you move them?

Mine are in the passenger side rear compartment and I was thinking of moving them up front to make room for my Fatsac. I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth it and what gauge wire.
Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-11-2010, 11:19 AM Reply   
Wow, just love the bluetooth. How is it setup? It's only the HU and your Ipod??
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-11-2010, 11:27 AM Reply   
Yes, that's the "stock" location for the batteries. I did add a blue seas add-a-battery in the observers compartment too. I'd definitely be wary of batteries and ballast sacks in the same compartment. look at genuinedealz.com for marine battery wire. Prolly need 2ga. Buy the more expensive stuff. The special budget wire is really inflexible and hard to work with (ask me how I know....)

esprit -- yeah, once you pair the iphone / touch to the HU, the HU will play whatever the phone tells it to. So in addition to playing stuff off of my ipod, I can also stream pandora, slacker, etc. Actually took a call on it yesterday while I was working on it too. This headunit has bluetooth built in, so there aren't any other components. I have noticed that streaming BT is a huge battery drain on my iphone (doubly so if streaming pandora), though, so I've made arrangements for plugging the phone into a charger too.