Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-30-2005, 6:28 AM Reply   
Check out this ebay ad 1 day listing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2002-Mastercraft-X-2-Ski-and-Wakeboard-Boat_W0QQitemZ7186482696QQcategoryZ23808QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem
Old     (bennettag10)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-30-2005, 7:02 AM Reply   
thats a good question
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-30-2005, 7:05 AM Reply   
$5800 huh? Pretty sketchy
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       09-30-2005, 7:09 AM Reply   
he's been doing this for a few monthson ebay now....it's similar to the nigerian scam....you send me 5k i'll send you a check for 20k...blah, blah, blah. if your bored at work...send him emails to screw with him
Old     (joe_788)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-30-2005, 7:49 AM Reply   
I love how he added his own fake "buy it now" and "contact seller" buttons at the bottom that redirect you to his email.

Old     (wakeboardin)      Join Date: Apr 2001       09-30-2005, 8:08 AM Reply   
Here is his reply to my email, like the way he has it stored in the warehouse of e-bay?:

Dear Sir ,

First I will like to tell you that I am in United Kingdom and the boat is in eBay's custody in US the boat will be shipped from there on my expence .
The boat is like new , in perfect condition . I am selling this boat because the shipping to Europe will cost me to much .I have this boat from my father in law .The Buy it now price is $5,800 . I will sell the boat to the first one that makes a 2,900 $ deposit through eBay .
To be fair with all possible buyers I will sell the boat to the first buyer that will arange the eBay deposit payment . If you are able to make the payment today or tomorrow you will be the next owner of this boat .

Terms,Conditions Shipping and handling:

The shipping address must be provided before sending the deposit payment. The boat will be shipped through JC MOTORS or DAS Shipping Company . The boat will only be sent after receiving the deposit payment. I agreed with eBay to send my boat to its warehouse since I am not in US .
This way, both sides (seller and buyer) are insured by eBay.

Payment:

If you will offer the buy it now price I will suport all the shipping from the warehouse to your address .

For the deposit payment i would like to use eBay as a third party . They will keep your money until you get the boat and will release it to me upon delivery .

Here are my name and address you need for the payment in case you decide to buy the boat :

Raymond Wirth
22 Merton High Street
London SW19 1DN
United Kingdom

The boat is ready for shipment, i just need the payment confirmation from eBay with the transfer's details and the boat will be delivered to your address.
REFUND-After the boat arrives, you have a 7 days period for inspection. If the boat is different than the way i've described it, 100% refund - transfer fees and the boat will be shipped back to the warehouse on my expence. Anyway, i don't think it will be necesary, you'll love this boat from very first moment you'll see it.
Buy with confidence!
I will have pay for an insurance to eBay Square Trade as proof my trustworthiness.
Thanks for the conceded time .
I am looking forward to your reply.

Raymond Wirth
Old     (bennettag10)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-30-2005, 8:55 AM Reply   
haha, its already been removed from ebay
Old    herbman            09-30-2005, 9:16 AM Reply   
I had another one of this guys Auctions pulled... You know it has to be a scam, but maybe, JUST maybe it is some guy that is about to file for divorce, or some kind of weird situation. Of course, anytime someone wants prepayment before goods are shipped, and the item is over $1K, I stay clear... I was almost scammed by a guy buying my truck on E-Bay a few weeks ago...
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-30-2005, 9:58 AM Reply   
"If you will offer the buy it now price I will suport all the shipping from the warehouse to your address"

No possible way in the world it's true. Giving shipping cost they could take a hit on the boat, ZERO funds for it. He could park it on almost any street corner in north america and find a buyer for 20K in a day.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-30-2005, 10:16 AM Reply   
It's been pulled from E-bay. Must be a scam.
Old     (ramhouse)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-03-2005, 7:50 PM Reply   
I have offered to by once. Said that i will be happy to pickup boat with 6K in hand. Where should i meet you. He said the old scam to deposit to ebay...
Old     (zacky)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-03-2005, 10:23 PM Reply   
I didn't know ebay had a warehouse...
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-04-2005, 7:32 AM Reply   
Here is a site dedicated to the Nigerians.....check out the hall of fame

http://www.419eater.com/index.htm

Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-07-2005, 10:21 PM Reply   
I emailed him that I was going to show up at his door with the cash, and needed an addy. Then I told him I knew he was a scammer, and wished a slow painfull death apon his soul, and he and his like would rot a painful death in he!! for rrying to rip of the wakeboarding community. I got a response of a big fonted f----u