Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (riney248)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-21-2006, 11:23 AM Reply   
Can you get the SV211 wake as big as a SANTE210?
Old    K.B.C.            12-21-2006, 11:37 AM Reply   
you can get it big but it will always have a different shape
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       12-21-2006, 11:48 AM Reply   
Yes. Less trough and less vert, but more of both than a Malibu.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-21-2006, 1:31 PM Reply   
Yes with 12500 lbs and a fat chic.
Old    K.B.C.            12-21-2006, 2:07 PM Reply   
so...about the same as your X-2 then
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-22-2006, 12:00 AM Reply   
Charles,

I can make my 211 wake do almost anything with correctly placed weight and the wakeplate. The 211 hull is very sensitive to weight placement and most people overweight the front of the 211 making the wake flat amd rampy. With 6 people sitting in my boat, rear tanks full, and half-full belly tank the wake is quite steep. The trick is not filling the belly tank, more weight is not always better.
Old     (jeffsv211)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-22-2006, 10:38 AM Reply   
We are setting up the boat with full ballast in back plus the plumbed in v-drive bags. Then we use the belly ballast to keep the boat from porposing. Coming from an old 2001 I think the wake is great. It's not quite as steep but a whole lot easier on the body. I can't think I would want anything bigger.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-23-2006, 12:00 AM Reply   
the answer to your question is no....they are 2 totally different wakes...

the 210 wake is very steep (i am comparing jeff frews & troy lindstrom / pop products nautie 210's... these are 2 of the biggest/cleanest nauties wakes i have seen to date..)

with that being said, the 211 wake is a bit more rampy than vertical...

what is very common to both is the "sensitivity".. the difference of where one passenger sits... this can make a huge difference within a 3" to 6" area.

i think i have tried to sack out my 211 every which way known to mankind and at it's is very big, firm, and nice pop but not as muck kick than a 210 wake ( the 211 wake is wider/rampier vs a narrow/vertical of the 210 )

i have had mixed experiences with the belly weighing (as mikeski mentioned....))
when not running alot of weight, filling the belly 1/2 way make the wake more vert and very, very good... however, when running alot of weight, filling the belly and adding more so the boat gets on plane, make the wake very, very big and thick (couple riders noted it kicked like a 210 and it added a fear factor)

however, the 211 surf wake is a heck of alot better than a 210 wake hands down imo (wider hull & hydrogate comes into play)
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-23-2006, 10:52 AM Reply   
Caddy, that sensitivity issue....its due to the "v" of the hull in Correct crafts correct?
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-23-2006, 7:56 PM Reply   
no idea....btw, we went out today..one of the riders was a 210 owner and his take on the differencse was pretty much the same as indicated as above..
Old    dabigkahuna            12-25-2006, 12:41 AM Reply   
Clubmyke,

Howzit, it's Alan from Hawaii. I know, I have asked you this question a few times already. However, I am constantly looking to improve my wake. So...what is you current all-time best wake set-up? Please include all passenger, tank, and ballast info. Mahalo!
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-25-2006, 6:09 PM Reply   
Big Mahalo & Merry Christmas Alan,

we'll run full ballast and 4 pop products bags in the rear locker (along side the engine as far back as possible). a 400 lb fly high fat sac across the back (instead of the jump seat). a 300 lb fly high fat sac in the ski locker along with 4-5 pop product bags by the driver and under the observer seat (this setup is with 3 passengers and 1 rider)...

here is a email i received from a very helpful planet nautique member that is suppose to be watson 211 setup(it also worked very well for me)....

btw, the main take between both setups is the wake is the best (imo) when it right on the "verge of porpising"

The best recipe I have came up with is rear weight. The 211 (along with the 226) has a lot of transom lift because of the lifting strakes on the hull. So I ordered a pair of Pro X-Series V-Drive bags (800lbs total) from Fly High for the trunk and a regular fat sac (400 -450 when filled in locker) for the bow locker. I don't lay claim to this info, it was passed on down from when Shawn Watson ran the 211.

You can run to much people weight in the rear which will make the boat porpise. I was always playing that edge of porpising and not. The setup above with just 4 people behind the windshield will not make it bounce, but anymore and you might throw one or two in the bow.

The 211 is one of my favorite wakes because of the long transition which also make a great landing ramp.

Hope this helps.