Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-30-2003, 1:26 PM Reply   
I would like to get your opinion on the v-210 sunpad/engine options.

For those that have a 350 mag with the humped deck do any wish they had spent the extra & got the scorp with flatter deck?

For those with the scorp was it worth the extra money to upgrade?

Due to my location I am buying the boat unseen so I can try them out for myself and would really value your opinions. Ta
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-30-2003, 1:44 PM Reply   
Darren, First order of business: I'll get the info you requested real soon. I'm not ignoring you, just haven't had the time to deal with it.

"For those that have a 350 mag with the humped deck do any wish they had spent the extra & got the scorp with flatter deck?"

No.. although some people may consider the sunpad to be strange looking, it doesn't bother us in the least.

You may want to ask Neelley as he has been in both my boat(350mag) and his(obviously) with the Black Scorp.

I think you'll be perfectly happy with both...

B-

Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-30-2003, 1:54 PM Reply   
i have no problem except when I ma sub bathing on it in my banana sling speedo...

on a more serious note, it does not bother me in ther least either. i do not even notice it at all.
Old     (delta_glass)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-30-2003, 2:08 PM Reply   
Darren,

350 Mag has plently of power for a heavy load. Sundekc is not a big issue, would be nice to have it flat, not necessary.

-Evan
Old     (onealrep)      Join Date: May 2002       05-30-2003, 4:35 PM Reply   
Darren,

The sunpad was the only reservation I had when I bought mine, but now after using it I can honestly say I haven't thought twice about it. I was just out for a week on it with family and friends and no one had any problems laying out, hanging out, or walking across. Don't sweat it. There are so many plusses to the V 210, they totally overshadow something as small as the sloped sundeck.

Good luck with your purchase...you'll be stoked.
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-30-2003, 4:58 PM Reply   
Depends on what you are paying for the upgrade. I ordered mine with the black scorp for this exact reason and I'm glad I did. That being said the black scorp will give you no better top end. The extra hp goes into the hole shot which isn;t an issue at all. If you are financing the boat what's $1500 over 12-15 years, not much. I know one thing, order the boat the way you want it. You will kick yourself for as long as you own it if you don't. I would also pass on the heater, they are prone to springing leaks had one on my first Sanger and passed on this one, I wear sweats and my slippers in the winter. Shower is good since I still wear a wet suit its nice to warm it up during the winter for the second run. I also highly recommend the pull up, not pop up cleats. I also had them remove the rear pylon and build the engine hatch so ther was no hole were it is supposed to be. I never ski and just think its one more thing for my 2 boys or drunk friends to knock there teeth out with.

Oh yeah, Perfect Pass WB PRO should be very high on your list.

You will love this boat 350MPI or Scorp.
Old    gekkoman            05-30-2003, 5:14 PM Reply   
Hum, from my understanding the MPI has a better torque curve than the scorp. It has a redefine bit map which gives you better hole just a little less acceleration. save the 1500 and buy a heater and Perfect pass. I love my heater and have had no probls.
Old    wes_the_gimp            05-30-2003, 8:21 PM Reply   
we have the mpi and no complaints, but sometimes when the kids are getting in and out with multiple boards and bodies on the sun deck a little extra attention is needed or off the side you go! especially after useing 303! im considering installing some rails on the sides to combat this. its really only for the newbies young and old who arnt able to handle the board and crawling to the swim step on a rocking boat.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-30-2003, 9:29 PM Reply   
Thanks lads, 350 mag it is. I'm getting a custom gel coat, PP pro & acme prop. Stereo & ballast I'm doing here..... plans are being hatched as we speak. There will be plenty of photo's as I pull it out of the container.

Thanks Barry.
Old    tmas            05-31-2003, 9:17 PM Reply   
love my 350.we went boarding today and also did some tubing, had adukts in the boat and was pulling a tube with two guys 260 lbs and 200 with no trouble. i never even notice the hump, i love my sanger it is such an incredible boat
Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-01-2003, 11:10 AM Reply   
Has the V210 hull changed much? I saw a '97 for a great price. Is it the same hull? I know the interior has changed.
Old     (delta_glass)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-01-2003, 12:14 PM Reply   
Mik,

V-210 hull has not changed ever. Thank God

-Evan
Old    bobbymucic            06-01-2003, 6:34 PM Reply   
What's ~MSRP for a loaded V210?

I'm looking at used bu's but maybe I should consider new Sangers...
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-01-2003, 9:32 PM Reply   
I had a choice between an Ausy built new VLX or importing a new V-210. Pricing was within 5% for me due to importing costs, duty, tax, etc etc. I chose the V-210 because, there is heaps of VLX's here, I don't the driving charactistics of the setters (bow rise & slow plaining) and the wake isn't drop your jaw wow. Keep in mind I have only been on one 03 VLX & it wasn't setup as well as it could have been.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-02-2003, 6:41 AM Reply   
the scorp is only 15 more hp...I am 6'5" and weigh 235 and the mag rips me right out of the water.
Old     (delta_glass)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-02-2003, 10:09 AM Reply   
I can beat that, I am 6'7" 250 and with 2k in the boat I pop right up wiht 315 hp.

-Evan
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-02-2003, 10:11 AM Reply   
evan,
what board do you ride?
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-02-2003, 10:13 AM Reply   
Bet you guys havent seen many V210's with the rear mounted tower. Here is my buddies 99. He got smokin deal from Pro Flight cause they couldnt hardly give them away. Nobody seems to like the way they look. I do personally like it but admit it takes getting used to. Also loading and unloading boards and boarding are muce easier.
Rick

Rear Tower
Rear Tower
Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-02-2003, 11:29 AM Reply   
Rick- I've seen that boat around Sacramento.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-02-2003, 1:30 PM Reply   
What prop do you run Evan?
Old     (delta_glass)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-02-2003, 6:52 PM Reply   
Darren,

OJ 4 Force, we also have another 4 Froce that is made for high altitude which runs the engine at higher RPMs.

-Evan
Old     (delta_glass)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-02-2003, 6:54 PM Reply   
Ty,

I ride a Trip 43 and a Rhythem 47. I want to get an Origin as my next board, either a Patterson 43 or Blue 45. J Buffalow has some big Origins I would like to snag from him.

-Evan
Old     (delta_glass)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-02-2003, 9:58 PM Reply   
I just realized this, with a stern tower it is my better for tower speakers, 1. they would not be as loud to the people in the boat. and 2. They are a little closer to the rider.

-Evan
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-03-2003, 7:09 AM Reply   
i think the stock prop is a 13-13. i am running a 13-14 after a long story that i will not bore you with.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-07-2003, 1:59 PM Reply   
I spoke to Acme about props. I told them I would be carrying 1700 pounds of ballast & wasn't concerned about top end, they recommended a 525 13x11.5 3 blade, The top end will only be 1-2 mph down on the standard 13x12.625 How come on the mastercraft thread they are talking about much bigger props on there boats? Do they have a different drive ratio or something?