Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-06-2013, 8:59 AM Reply   
The thread with girls looking for a ride brought this topic to mind. When I was younger, I was desperate to ride. I've flagged down boats from the dock waiving a $5 bill (back when that was generous for a set). 99% percent of my experiences have been awesome, but I have had a few really strange ones.

1.) I met one of my best friends at the boat ramp. He just got a new 210 and I hopped out of my car to check it out. We rode together for years up in Dallas.

2.) My worst. I met a dude on a message board and was stoked to find a someone riding in the early spring so I offered to hop in and chip for gas. We are pretty far from the dock when he asks "do you party?" I'm thinking cocaine so I go, "Not while I'm riding" (just trying to brush the questions). Then he goes, "do you mind if we smoke". I breathe a little sigh of relief (I'm a pretty laid back guy). Then he and his buddies duck behind the windshield and proceed to smoke crystal-meth, crack or something... Wow, to say the least, that isn't what I thought he meant.

I had another one where things got really flakey with a dude and his wife, but I'll save that one in case the thread gets good.

The point of the story is be careful. Get out there and meet people, but do it safe.