Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-12-2009, 12:51 AM Reply   
Recently Kevin Belcher from Switchblade came out to Seattle and installed a Switchblade on my 2008 SV230. He was able to keep the bennett tab also so now I have both. The idea was that the combination of the two would really enhance the surf wake.

I will post pics of the wake once I get out there. For now I thought I would post some pics of the install.

I would like to thank Kevin of course as well as Brian and John from Lynnwood Motoplex our local Centurion dealer where the work was done. Both Brian and John were very helpful and were great guys to work with.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old                06-12-2009, 9:08 AM Reply   
Now you just need to figure out how to fit an FAE around all that stuff :-). Gimme a shout if you are on lake samm this weekend, I'd love to try it out!
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-12-2009, 9:11 AM Reply   
Looks like a great job on the install!
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-12-2009, 9:56 AM Reply   
I tried to get the FAE installed but they said they wouldn't build one. I was thinking maybe to just get some downtubes like on Sangers or Supras at least to get some of the exhaust down. Also mine is the low emmissions but not sure if that really helps or not. Guess I will just have to keep an eye on it.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-12-2009, 10:10 AM Reply   
packrat, check this out. It would totally work.

http://www.hardracing.com/WATER/FAE.htm
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-12-2009, 3:25 PM Reply   
Awesome Duffy. It's about time.

Just when you think you were about done with mods...
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-13-2009, 5:27 PM Reply   
Packrat how long is the plate.and does it go up at all.Have you taken it out?
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-13-2009, 6:36 PM Reply   
He is taking it out today, and its the stock 9 inch plate.
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-15-2009, 11:28 AM Reply   
Took the the boat out on Saturday. All of my ballast pumps failed so I wasn't able to do much testing other than the port side enzo sack although I had a bunch of sacks to use.

The trim tab works great with the Switchblade and fine tunes the wave to eliminate white wash on the top and to lengthen the wave somewhat. I used my wife who knows nothing about boats to verify the changes. I used about 75% of the Bennett on the port side at about 12-13.5mph. The bennet does angle up just a little past flat at 0%.

I didn't get to the goofy side yet but that's coming.

I plan to do some in depth testing with/without the switchblade to verify the difference.

I also have ordered the 12 x 12 plate which should come next week so that will also be tested. I have to leave for 10 days Wed so hopefully it will be here when I get back.

I will try to post pics once I get my ballast pump situation fixed.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-15-2009, 9:42 PM Reply   
ha ha, LOL, exactly the same thing happened when I installed my 14" plate. Just so happens my ballast puppy decides to stick. So after checking electrical, I took the pump apart and dislodged it and lubed it up and good as new.

Good luck. It's not a huge difference but for the money, it's a good mod IMO.
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-15-2009, 11:34 PM Reply   
I would like to put in Ballast puppies instead of the mayfair aerators but it says the bp's require 20 amps thus much heavier wiring than I have with the mayfairs. If I used the existing mayfair wiring do you think I would keep blowing fuses? I have 3 ballast puppies I could rebuild but the wire is quite thick. Any thoughts?
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-16-2009, 8:54 AM Reply   
Ballast puppies suck compared to aerator pumps! Aerators move a ton of water, are almost silent, need low amps, doesn't matter if you run them dry, they never break, and they are cheap. I have installed 3 systems 1 was impellar type and the other 2 are aerator type and I will never install another impellar type again. Just get the one way valves on the exit side of the pump and you will be great. They work by using centrifugal force.