Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old    sparky68            06-28-2005, 9:16 PM Reply   
So in the middle of August we're taking off for two weeks to ride the different lakes you people may suggest. Places like Naci, San Antonio, Don Pedro, the delta, Donner and maybe even head out to Powell since the water level is up.

What I'm looking for is some of your favorite lakes to ride, are they Rv friendly, do they allow beach camping, and local facilities.

Most of our time is spent local or at Mead and Lake Mojave. Altough Naci is pretty local(about a three hour trip we've never been). Also since Naci and San Antonio so close is it worth it to hit both lakes? Stuff like this is what we're looking for. Also to hook up with some of the locals and hang out and RIDE!!!

Thanks in advance for all the contributions!!!
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-28-2005, 9:37 PM Reply   
I recomend San Antonio (During the weekdays) shorline camping is killer. Delta is a must, yeah you could call it dirty but what lake dosent have dirt on the bottom + you can always find good water. Don Pedro is also great, don't forget New Melonies, and another great one is Rollins (just above colfax). Bullard Bar, Camp Far west, East Park (free camping), Icehouse, Union Valley Reservior, Berryessa, The list will grow.
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-28-2005, 9:53 PM Reply   
Sparky- How many people do you have coming up, and how many boats? I say hit both lakes since they are so close to each other. You can leave your rv at SA and day trip to Nacie with ease.
Old     (bummerkit)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-29-2005, 5:47 AM Reply   
If you go to powell you should stop and hit quail or sandhollow on your way through.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-29-2005, 6:03 AM Reply   
Definitely don't miss Bullards Bar. This is the most beautiful lake in Cali.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-29-2005, 6:24 AM Reply   
www.anglernet.com has a list of california lakes, its more of a fishing site but GREAT for info on lakes, launchramps, campgrounds and facilites.

Delta
Shasta
Bullards Bar
Whiskeytown
Don Pedro
Melones
McClure
Berryessa

Have a blast bro, that sounds like a killer vacation!
Old    sparky68            06-29-2005, 5:34 PM Reply   
This Site is the best Six responses and already a month long trip worth of lakes.

Gary, I was on the San Antonio Site, looks way cool. Probably our first stop on our journey. The Delta is a definite, the dirtier the better(as long as it's not damaging dirty).

Car, so far it's just us. Either in the motorhome or just tent camping out of the back of a truck. I prefer the tents cause it makes us more mobile. That way like you mention, just shoot done to Naci for a quick spin(Yeah it's a little more work but how cares WE'LL BE BOARDING). It's funny how this group will grow quick. So Far friends can't commit. but as it get's closer they'll start chiming in like choir boys.

Quinn thanks for the heads up on Quail and Sandhollow. I'm worried about doing to much driving and may wait for powell for an other trip.

J-rod you're not the only one that's mentioned that lake. Must be a site to behold. Thanks!!

Aaron, Thanks for the link to the site. I so stoked about this trip. Let's hook up for a couple of spins around one of your favorite lakes. Where you located? Is the list you mention in your favorite order?

Thanks again to all!!! Again there's an open invitation to come and hang with us.
Old     (tige_n_it)      Join Date: Nov 2004       06-29-2005, 7:22 PM Reply   
Yo, How do I get on this road trip?
Old     (above_the_levee)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-29-2005, 10:14 PM Reply   
whenever you get to the delta, hit me up... I can show you the cool, clear waters.
Old    walt            06-30-2005, 5:02 AM Reply   
Lake Oroville is another top ten lake in Cali.

http://www.gobidwell.com/
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-30-2005, 7:22 AM Reply   
Afternoon Sparky,

I moved from my rental in Disco bay to purchase a home in Tracy... The delta is my home lake/waterway but I have been to all the lakes above besides whiskeytown... Whiskeytown is right by Shasta and I heard it was amazing but never experianced it myself...

My fav spot would be the Delta, then Bullards & then Shasta... Walt also mentioned Orville, I have heard good things about that lake as well, Jrod & Evan have HB there a couple times and prob. can provide better info..

To be 100% honest, I don't think you could have picked a better time / trip. ALL the lakes in Nor*Cal are pretty much FULL and higher than they have ever been.. KIT w/ the board on your trips and I would be happy to try and hook up with your crew @ one of the stops!

Most of all have a KICK A$$ time!!!!

-=peace=-
Aaron
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-30-2005, 8:30 AM Reply   
Sparky- when it gets closer let me know when you will be going for sure. I live at Nacie and could meet up with you guys out either at SA or Nacie. I can even hook you up with reservations in the camp grounds where we live if you want.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-30-2005, 8:38 AM Reply   
If you need a local to show you around Naci or San Antonio just let me know. I would be more than happy to offer my guide services...
Old    sparky68            06-30-2005, 5:38 PM Reply   
Hey guys thanks for all the info and the offers. I will definitely be posting back with the trip intinerary. Will see who we can hook up with. As to the actual date, not sure at this point. Being a contractor it depends largely on jobs and when I can get away. But we always take at least a week in august, This year I'm going for broke.

Anyways as the trip gets nearer we'll see what's actually going to happen. Thanks again and I'm always around lurking!!
Old    sparky68            07-06-2005, 7:41 PM Reply   
hey Guys I'm trying to schedule this trip and was wondering how many days you would spend at each lake. We have a total of sixteen days, with Sunday as a return day. I'm thinking Don Pedro will be the last lake as it's closest to home. Naci or San Antonio the firsts. Probably hit the Delta in the middle and stay at a motel to revive as we'll be tenting this trip.

Also how is the Delta on the weekend, probably a zoo. We want to hit the more peacefull lakes during the week(wake everybody up with some WHITE ZOMIE). Or does it matter being Summer vacation, will all lakes be busy.

Thanks
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       07-06-2005, 11:42 PM Reply   
shasta midweek is heaven especially all the way up the mcloud arm. just got back from a week there and i wanna go back

the delta is a zoo but most off the party is concentrated at skiers beach so its all good

(Message edited by wakeeater on July 06, 2005)
Old    sparky68            07-11-2005, 2:32 PM Reply   
Charley, thanks for your response. I read a couple of threads about how nuts "The Delta" can get. Always a couple in the crowd to screw things up.

I just got back from a four day and I'm thinking that SIXTEEN days may be a bit much. What we may do is visit some of the faraway lakes i.e. Shasta, the Delta, Berryesa, Bullards bar, Oroville and throw some sight seeing in to give us a break. After Four straight days of wakeboarding morning and night, well, can anyone say ARM PUMP!!(I only though it existed in Motocross, haha).

Anyways thanks to all for your input and advise. I'll post back with a schedule some we can maybe hook up with some people.