Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (biolitery)      Join Date: May 2006       11-26-2007, 2:46 PM Reply   
I currently ride a 3DS. I'm not really comfortable with it at all. I rode a Parks this summer and felt like I finally had alot more control. Im curious if the Transcend is similar to the parks, I know the fins on the 3DS and parks are angled and the transcends are neutral. I read that the transcend is a little less aggressive but has a solid hold and a bit more control. Just looking for info, I like boards that track like monsters. 3DS was too loose. There aren't any CWB dealers close out here at all. So I don't have the opportunity to demo before hand. Just doing research, I think from the 3DS to the Parks this board might be it for me.

thanks for any info.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-26-2007, 3:16 PM Reply   
what size fins are you running on your 3ds. i rode one for 2 years with the .7 fins and that thing felt anything but loose.
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-26-2007, 4:07 PM Reply   
Transcend is a great board. Lots of fun and you can fine tune the ride with the different fin exstention's.
Old     (blind)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-26-2007, 4:56 PM Reply   
I'm with ryan, I ride the 3ds with the .7 fins milled down to .5 and is still to tight.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       11-26-2007, 5:00 PM Reply   
I used to ride the 3DS now i got a Ronix setup. the 3DS has been BY FAR my fav board ever. I rode it fin-less, i know its not truly finless since it had small molded fins, but you know what is saying, without any damn fins! Loved it, and if i have to i will go back to it!
Old     (cas)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-28-2007, 11:11 AM Reply   
Hey Eder! Last year, I switch from 3DS to Ronix Covin! After a month I sold the Covin and found my good old 3DS board again . It is simply the best I have ever ridden.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       11-28-2007, 11:59 AM Reply   
The 3DS is a great board. Like the others said, if you think it's too loose then surely you didn't have the stock fins on there. With those things on I would argue that you won't find a "tighter" board out there. I also think the 3DS is one of the most user-friendly boards going.

I did pick up a Transcend towards the end of the summer. It's a good board as well but honestly I really liked the 3DS just as much. The Transcend doesn't differ all that much IMO with the smaller extensions than a 3DS with .7's or .8's.

I think the 3DS is a good board for you. Technique is always going to win out over board selection.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       11-28-2007, 12:19 PM Reply   
I ride the Transcend and love everything about how the board rides, for me its the perfect board.
Not to take anything away from the 3DS, its a great board as well, but for me its the Transcend 142.
I just got some new 08 CWB's in stock and the 08 Transcend Platinum is looking sick as well as the new Zeus and Answer bindings, very cumfy and light, just not sure if I like CT bindings, I need to ride them more and see.
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-28-2007, 1:00 PM Reply   
Hey Ryan, I have an old '96 Labal board with a big Ninja painted on the top of the deck. It's got a nice 2.5" center fin. That board should track good enough for you

Alright, I'm just playing. If you haven't put the .7 fins on give that a try. If the .7's are on and it still feels loose, you should be able to pick up 1" fins at any board shop. Make sure they're hyperlite fins, since the space in between the pegs can be different. I'm with the rest of the people here, I think the 3DS is an extremely tight board, but I ride a finless Premier (I know Eder, it's still has the molded fins :-))

(Message edited by bflat53212 on November 28, 2007)
Old     (charman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-28-2007, 1:36 PM Reply   
3ds comes with 1.1" A-wings right? that board is so sticky!! u must have some smaller fins in. check them. if they are smaller and u do want tigher, buy the 3ds fins (1.1" A-wing). theres not a tighter ride out there.
Old     (biolitery)      Join Date: May 2006       11-28-2007, 2:12 PM Reply   
Okay, my lingo is bad. I'm talking about the TRACKING of the boards. I know the 3DS isn't loose. I ride 1.1 A-Wings. I like how the Parks tracks and just pulls you right in, no matter how hard you get on it, you aren't going it slip out. Yes, I have the technique. I'm just curious if the Transcend tracks like the Parks. I can't demo boards out here. I feel like I battle with the 3DS sometimes on my edging, when I was on the Parks I wasn't worried about it and could focus on the trick at hand. I hope this clears things up.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-28-2007, 2:21 PM Reply   
I'm still not sure that you are talking about the right 'feature' of the board. I ride a 3DS and I never slip out...once it's on edge that puppy will rip me through the water before it lets go (i.e. great tracking right?). I think you probably like the 3-stage (Parks) vs. continous because 3-stage boards ride 'lower' in the water. While this slows the board down, it also has a drastic effect on what may be interpreted as 'hold'. I love my 3DS for that exact reason...it doesn't slow me down :-) Any 3 stage I ride now feels so slow, I always go back to my 3DS.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       11-28-2007, 3:01 PM Reply   
Ryan - Do you have any video of your riding? We aren't trying to discourage you, but with those fins on the 3DS you shouldn't have a problem with the "tracking" if your're using a correct progressive edge.

Maybe Loren is right in that you want something that sits lower. Seeing you ride could help us define the issue better.
Old     (biolitery)      Join Date: May 2006       11-28-2007, 3:15 PM Reply   
Yeah, I think you just hit the nail on the head. I don't know much about the lingo/tech, I just strap it on and go, literally. I think I'll have to beg someone to let me demo a couple 3-stages. I've been trying to figure it out and my buddies have said, that board rides really high, so that may be what I dislike, the speed, after talking it out here, process of elimination.

So with this said, I like the 'tracking' of both boards apparently, but not the speed, and now that I think back on it, thats what it is. I like time to prepare.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       11-28-2007, 3:21 PM Reply   
Ya sounds to me like you like 3 stage rocker boards over continuous rocker.
Sounds like the Transcend will fit your riding style.

(Message edited by innov8 on November 28, 2007)
Old     (biolitery)      Join Date: May 2006       11-28-2007, 3:22 PM Reply   
Eubanks, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToByhtKiT-Q

tantrums

its not bad, i just fly around. lol too fast.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-28-2007, 5:32 PM Reply   
Man, I love your laid out tantrums! If I was riding like that, I wouldn't be looking for a new board :-)
Old     (trewblu)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-30-2007, 7:39 PM Reply   
biggest tantrum I ever seen of the double up
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       12-03-2007, 2:05 PM Reply   
Transcend would be great fit. I was having the same problem and moved to the transcend for 07 and have yet to experience any 'break-outs'.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       12-03-2007, 2:37 PM Reply   
I see you like tantrums and backrolls! :-) Maybe that board just rides too high in the water. I wasn't trying to criticize you but sometimes you never know what the issue could be without seeing somebody ride. Nice riding by the way!
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-04-2007, 7:51 AM Reply   
Where would the new B-Side fit in here?