Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (sundoo)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-22-2009, 10:45 PM Reply   
Looking for suggestions. Not quite an intermediate rider. I want big (preferably predictable) pop, soft landings, and a little loose on the surface. A fun board!! Is there such an animal? B side, Mana, Transcend....? What do you guys suggest? Thanks a ton. Cheers.

Dave
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-23-2009, 6:41 AM Reply   
I ride the LF witness and it's everything you mention above. Sick pop but it feels controlled, loose but bites on edge, fast board but again never feels out of control. I would Recommend it to anyone. Check it out!
Old     (jasonpav)      Join Date: Dec 2008       05-23-2009, 7:57 AM Reply   
cwb pure or kink. both are great boards at a cheap price
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-23-2009, 8:02 AM Reply   
the 08 and 09 Murray
Old     (sundoo)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-24-2009, 11:13 PM Reply   
Thanks guys...anyone else?

Dave
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-25-2009, 7:14 AM Reply   
Transcend or Absolute from CWB
Murray or B-side from Hype
Demo if you can
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-25-2009, 11:19 AM Reply   
I ride the Lyman and it feels like you describe above. Another solid LF board is the Watson.

If you're considering an open toed binding try the LF vantages, adjustable, comfortable, supportive, and overal a great binding!
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-25-2009, 1:00 PM Reply   
lyman with shanes
Old     (adambarry)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-25-2009, 1:51 PM Reply   
Some say the lyman has unpredictable pop but I too love it. Its a fun fast and loose board. But I also heard the hyperlite b-side is pretty awesome.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-25-2009, 7:34 PM Reply   
Since no one else has suggested it yet, why not try a flex board? Company and Slingshot make awesome boards. I ride the Co Ltd, its a very fun board, loose and lively but gets a mean edge on if you want it.
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-31-2009, 8:16 PM Reply   
I second much of what's above.

The Murray is super forgiving, especially if you use the removable fins. (This is what I ride -finless-with some LF Shane & Watson bindings.)

The Lyman is fast and responsive.

The Witness and Watson seemed to ride like the Murray but a touch more drag. Still darn great boards.

The Slingshots are just darn fun! Takes a set to figure it out but super cool! The continuous (I know that's not cool) is the fastest.

I have not rode Andrew's boards since last season but last season's was fun too.

Sophie's choice nowadays with so much good stuff out there!!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-31-2009, 8:39 PM Reply   
Can't really miss with any of the CWB's. Pure or Kink. Absolute, Transcend or Marius. Even the Faction is a great board.

Just like everyone points out... It's all personal preference. Demo if you can.
Old     (andrewilso)      Join Date: Feb 2009       06-01-2009, 5:09 AM Reply   
If you notice every one votes the board they ride..haha just my 02, no one will ever slag off what they have spent hard earned cash on..unless it is really poor, so i will jump on board too obrien player 2007 first board i owned, really grippy quite fast but unpredictable on the pop. now got 2009 watson
looks cool!!! pop is more predictable and landings soft, and not got as many molded fins so it is a bit looser so everything the player wasnt,