Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Shmity1)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-27-2013, 9:07 PM Reply   
OK, looking at boats is exhausting. It is confusing looking at all the boats and remembering what everyone tells you for pricing and what models are what.

So, I thought I would ask here. What is the best boat in the sub$60k that would be good for surfing. Thinking 21-22' and want new.

I have looked at MB and AXIS so far. MB was way nicer.

Thanks for your help.

Shmity
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-27-2013, 9:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmity1 View Post
OK, looking at boats is exhausting. It is confusing looking at all the boats and remembering what everyone tells you for pricing and what models are what.

So, I thought I would ask here. What is the best boat in the sub$60k that would be good for surfing. Thinking 21-22' and want new.

I have looked at MB and AXIS so far. MB was way nicer.

Thanks for your help.

Shmity
There was a 2013 Centurion 230+ Loaded with plug N Play and heater for 61k At Hillside Honda in Lakeport CA..I would not count out Centurion. (boats sold)
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-28-2013, 3:47 AM Reply   
Moomba is also a lot of boat for the money.Supra is a little more money.What is your budget? Will a 20' boat work?
Old     (phl)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-28-2013, 5:32 AM Reply   
You should look for a v226 of suprême or thé 208 thé are gréât boat At a Good quality/price
Old     (mattl)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-28-2013, 7:31 AM Reply   
My 2 cents is that the MB wins on fit and finish, but I love the Axis and want one.

If you don't have friend that works on boats. The quality of the dealer/service department is the critical part that will make the boat ownership experience more enjoyable.

I would focus on service turn around time in spring. This year I had to wait 3 weeks on my Mastercraft (sold) to be serviced by my dealer.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-28-2013, 7:45 AM Reply   
what dealers are nearby?
Old     (v10rider)      Join Date: Oct 2012       08-28-2013, 9:01 AM Reply   
At $60k new, others have pretty much summed it up.

Axis A22 with surfgate (good feature if you have the need to switch sides quickly)
MB Sports TWB 21 or F21
Moomba Mondo
Supreme V226 (from the video I've seen, the wave is nice and clean)

Last but not least, deal with a nearby dealer you can trust
Old     (phl)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-28-2013, 9:30 AM Reply   
i confirm that the wave on the v226 is awesome ! juste take a look at this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDrZvmNmmN8
Old     (tarek)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-28-2013, 9:30 AM Reply   
I ride a lot behind both an MB 21 B52 and Axis A22.

Both boats are 2012 model years.

The axis has the plug and play ballast which is right around 3000 pounds. The MB has factory which is about 1800 pounds.

So far.. both boats put out an equally good surf wave. And both boats put out in my opinion a better wave on the right hand starboard side.

For wakeboarding, I prefer the MB. I throw a little additional weight right in the middle next to the driver through the walkway. The wake has a longer transition and isnt super lippy. The Axis I ride with the wedge up. I dont like vertical trannys that buck you. I like long transition wakes that your board can ride all the way up through.

One boat stays in a slip in the marina and another sleeps in a storage unit and both have just under 300 hrs on them.

The Axis interior is cheap. We have little nicks and cuts all over the place. The MB interior is solid. No problems anywhere.

The Axis has a little rougher ride but weighted down, it does pretty good. If your not careful, you can take water over the nose more easily than the MB.

MB has a smoother ride with weight or now. Doesnt take water over the bow as easily.

I would own both!
Attached Images

Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       09-01-2013, 10:55 AM Reply   
with everything you said, would you pay the same for either or more for one over the other?
Old     (axxxiswake)      Join Date: Jun 2013       09-03-2013, 6:20 AM Reply   
2014 Axis have surfgate. IMO, thats a deal breaker.

Where are you located? Quality of dealerships?
Old     (Shmity1)      Join Date: Aug 2013       09-03-2013, 6:41 AM Reply   
Portland...
Old     (CHern5972)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-03-2013, 6:45 AM Reply   
Supreme 226 surf
Supra
Moomba
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-03-2013, 8:14 AM Reply   
Look at the Sanger V215. There are some listed on OnlyInboards new and in your range. It's 21'8". No one will complain about the wake for any water sport. Test drive it and you'll find out it is wonderful to drive.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       09-03-2013, 9:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by axxxiswake View Post
2014 Axis have surfgate. IMO, thats a deal breaker.

Where are you located? Quality of dealerships?
If he's in Portland, Active Water Sports is the biggest player.
They sell Natique, Malibu, Axis, Supra, Moomba.

The other big player in the Portland Area is Portland Ski Boat Center. They carry Mastercraft and MB.

If he has tested out an MB and an Axis, it sounds like he's hit both of our major dealerships.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-04-2013, 6:24 AM Reply   
i would recomend a 1 or 2 yr old top end option. alot of these 2012's are extreme low hours and you get all the additional stuff that the original owner put on it. I have had 3 new boats in the last 9 yrs and will be looking at a 1 to 2 yr old boat in the future. what was once 35k is now 60k. as for a surf wave. my 2 friends have mojo's and they are pretty good surf boats. good all around bang for your buck. the supreme 226 maybe the best entry level surf boat on the market, also see if you can find a enzo 233 left over, there are many out there and are willing to make great deals.
Old     (dejoeco)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-04-2013, 7:02 AM Reply   
As previously mentioned, you might find a good deal on a slightly used boat. You are too far away, but for example, my 2013 Enzo 233 is for sale for 69k but can be bought for a bit less than that. Truly a spectacular surf boat. It is more costly than your budget, but it is more boat for the money both in size and wake. You might find something like this in your area. I would urge you to get what you want. Friends of mine recently purchased and new left over 2013 Avalanche for under 55k. We finally got there wave dialed in last weekend.

Good luck. I love boat shopping.
Old     (zap)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-04-2013, 7:30 AM Reply   
2012 230+ fully loaded, heater, wetsounds etc.... 60k, pm if interested