Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-02-2007, 6:41 PM Reply   
Landed my first 360 wakeboarding yesterday. granted, it was only 1 wake, but this was only my 6th attempt at it. Decided to give it a try before the season ended and after a few dropped handles, I stuck it. I was definitely stoked! First attempt I tried w/o the handle and it was a sloppy attempt at a spin, lol. The next 3 times I just missed the handle but had the spin. The 5th time grabbed the handle but nose dived and ate it pretty good. Figured I'd give it one more shot and nailed it!! Couldnt believe it ! :-) Needless to say, I ended the day on that note! haha. I think the hardest part was actually the handle pass and not the spin. Anyway, heres a camera vid we took of it :-) I know I'm going to need a better edge to get it w2w, but baby steps, lol. So let me know how it looks from a technical aspect and what, if anything, I need to change so I can stick these more often!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_APwcaq7hCU
Old     (whitie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-02-2007, 10:13 PM Reply   
Looks good to me, but I can't do ts fs3. I bet you could land a ts fs5 in no time they are easier w2w than a ts3.
Old     (whocares)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-03-2007, 7:44 AM Reply   
keep the handle wayyyy closer to your body. You have been popping the handle cause theres a lot of resistance on your shoulders and what not if you let the handle get too far away from your body. watch any pro even when they are spinning 9's or 10's the handle is never more then a few inches away from their core.
Old     (iluvrussell)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-03-2007, 9:04 AM Reply   
the handle pass is the spin. when trying this dont try to spin your body, just pull the handle to your back and pass it. this will spin you. you should not try to throw the spin because it can cause you to come off axis and forget where you are in regards to facing forward. that mayb be why you nosedived that one attempt, and like joe said , keep the handle close.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-03-2007, 9:11 AM Reply   
James has good advice.

"the handle pass IS the spin"

Spin by turning your head and pulling the handle around your body.

Pop, make sure you are on axis and "flat," then yank the handle into your hip, HARD, and start to spin.