Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (bummerkit)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-21-2006, 4:22 PM Reply   
Tell me about the centurion. I cant find much about it on google.

the centurion dealer is one of my dads friends and he is saying he will give him a screaming deal on it. I have a friend who offered to sell me his 05 pro-V for 39,500 pretty loaded and has been very babied, infact his nickname is "the boat nazi"

what do you think?
Old     (jonfo)      Join Date: May 2002       08-21-2006, 6:31 PM Reply   
I was in a pro v once and it cavitated quite a bit when loaded down. this was during surfing and wakeboarding turns. when going in a straight line it didnt do this, so if you test drive it load it down like you would if you owned it and turn it to see if it cavitates. i think it was an 02 prov that i was in.
Old     (liquidforce21i)      Join Date: May 2006       08-21-2006, 7:23 PM Reply   
i got the chance to ride behind an 06 enzo earlier this season and it was sick, the wake was wicked nice with a lot of pop. The boat itself handled amazing from what I noticed. I would say go with the enzo but I have never been in the pro v
Old     (bummerkit)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-21-2006, 8:25 PM Reply   
I think the cavitation problem on the pro-V was fixed in 04 but im not really sure about that...

Ive never heard much about the centurions, so i really am not sure what to expect about the wakes. I been under the assumption that the centurions arent very good boats, but you know what assumtions do.
Old     (ironmaiden)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-21-2006, 9:53 PM Reply   
Centurion builds a great boat, and you won't find a nicer riding boat. It handles rough water better than any boat on the water. Ride it and see for yourself.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-21-2006, 10:10 PM Reply   
For surfing or wakeboarding???
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-21-2006, 10:12 PM Reply   
"Centurion builds a great boat, and you won't find a nicer riding boat. It handles rough water better than any boat on the water."

Nick, no disrespect but IMO the Centurian is not a boat that is built "Great." Not a bad boat but far from great.

The Sanger is the boat that can make the claim to handling rough water better than any other and one of the best boats for the money out there.

The Calabria is a great boat for the money as well and I have no problems with cavitation. The wake on my Calabria is also IMO as good or better than the Enzo.

If you can get a screaming deal on the Enzo though, I would go for it.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-21-2006, 10:16 PM Reply   
What Tom meant to say was, if you want a consitently, easy to dial, huge wake, get an X1!
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-21-2006, 10:20 PM Reply   
Attila just has to work on his spelling but until he gets his BSc we will have to forgive him. I do agree for the money the X1 has the best easy to dial in wake around.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-21-2006, 10:22 PM Reply   
Consitently! as Mike Tyson would say!
Old     (knwebs)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-22-2006, 8:28 AM Reply   
As far as construction of boat and quality buy the Calabria. Of course, I own one but I too looked and considered the Centurion line before I bought the Calabria. I just felt like the Centurion was a kia and the Calabria was more in the Lexus quality. I know I'm going to get beat up by someone that owns a Centurion but I wanted to give you my thought process when I chose between the two. I owned an 05 Calabria before getting my 06 and the only complaint I'd have about getting the 05 is the boss tower. The new Titan tower Calabria started putting on the 06 and 07 models is much more appealing in my option.
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-22-2006, 8:38 AM Reply   
Tom...speaking of spelling lets try C E N T U R I O N not "Centurian"
Old     (sharkb8)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-22-2006, 9:11 AM Reply   
As a fairly recent buyer (last summer) I looked @ all the boats available to me locally (Centurion, Malibu, Natique, Tige, Sanger, Supra, MC) and ended up choosing a Calabria ProV ('05 with the swoop tower- came standard on mine, didn't know the boss was available). I felt the Calabria offered the best boat for the price and features we wanted. The wake for wakeboarding and surfing is great, no probs with cavitation (unless you are going nuts, as with any boat IME). I would make the same choice again.

YMMV
Old     (ef3529)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-22-2006, 10:35 AM Reply   
Both are very nice boats. I don't know what Ken is talking about. I rode in the new ENZO 240 and it was VERY NICE. It is very roomy as is the Pro V and any other 24 ft. boat. The new interior with the chrome dash is very plush. I am getting the ENZO 216 next year I liked it so much. It is your money so drive both and look at the dealers.
Old     (knwebs)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-22-2006, 10:42 AM Reply   
In my defense ef3529, Centurion did not have the ENZO in 04 (least at the local dealership) I tested the lighting and the storm editions and will hold face to these two compared to the Calabria I went with.
Old     (ef3529)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-22-2006, 12:32 PM Reply   
Ken, if I were looking in 04 between the Enzo and the Pro V I probably would have picked the Pro V as well. The Enzo has gone through some drastic changes since then and is as nice as any boat on the market now. I do like the Calabria as well.