Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old     (tmorefi)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-07-2004, 11:32 AM Reply   
So we're thinking about heading to Lake Havasu for a houseboat trip / bachelor part in mid-May. I haven't been there yet, just heard the stories. Anybody have any comments or feedback about going that time of year, what the croud will be like, is it worth it, etc... thanks.
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-07-2004, 11:42 AM Reply   
women and booze its a 10, riding its barely a 3.
Old     (ivyrider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-07-2004, 1:04 PM Reply   
That time of the year is pretty nice... I spent most of last summer there. Don't count on riding much though... You can take Colorado River north-west and it's better riding conditions. They have closed sand bar on major holidays (terrorist threats), but going thru the canal is pretty amazing on holidays. I have friends in the area and I can find out more info for you if you want.
Old     (tmorefi)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-07-2004, 1:10 PM Reply   
Thanks. Ya, we're thinking about the weekend of May 19th, 2 weeks before the holiday and want to make sure it's still quite the party place. Afterall, it is for a bachelor party. Kinda bummed that the riding sucks but i guess we ride every other weekend. Anymore info is great. thanks.
Old     (tmorefi)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-07-2004, 1:11 PM Reply   
oops, May 14th, not 19th..
Old     (socaldave)      Join Date: May 2002       01-07-2004, 2:19 PM Reply   
You may get some leftover spring breakers...but other than that, the usual crowd. Water will still be a bit chilly that time of year.
Old     (ivyrider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-07-2004, 2:23 PM Reply   
Heading up the Colorado is not but more than a 15-20 min boat ride for some pretty nice water... As long as its not the holiday. Early AM boarding is pretty glassy.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-07-2004, 3:07 PM Reply   
In mid May the water is in the mid 70's not too cold in my book. i'll post some pictures when i get home from work.
Old     (tmorefi)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-07-2004, 3:07 PM Reply   
what's the usual croud there non-holiday / non-spring breakers i guess is the question. it's about a 10 year drive and i only want to go there if it's at least a good party. i have plenty of good water at closer lakes.. thanks...
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-07-2004, 3:10 PM Reply   
U traveling by covered wagon?
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       01-07-2004, 3:52 PM Reply   
The regular non holiday crowd is pretty good in late June, July or August. But the regular holiday crowd in mid May is probably pretty dead. If there is any partying going on it would be a shell of what it is like during a holiday weekend or even a regular mid summer weekend.

So if that is important "Bachelor Party" I would think about Las Vegas and Lake Mead maybe.
Old     (ivyrider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-07-2004, 4:06 PM Reply   
thats pretty close to the beginning of the season. Prob not much of a crowd, just the regulars. Okay people. Still be some hottie's/boats in the canal. That runs all summer. I'm going down in April to board.
Old     (ivyrider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-07-2004, 4:07 PM Reply   
PS... I agree, if you are thinking Bach Party... Vegas may be the way to go. Lots of good fun there.
Old     (tmorefi)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-07-2004, 8:47 PM Reply   
oh come now. we do vegas way too much. damn, was hoping for big havasu party weekend.. so if we could do late june it would be much better, same bet..
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       01-08-2004, 8:47 AM Reply   
Yeah but if you do Vegas the right way, for a bachelor party. It is off the hook!! A different trip than just "going to Vegas" LOL....But late June would be much better, canal will have a decent crowd, or indecent LOL and the sand bar should have some action. At night head to Kokomos "is that still the name of the place right on the canal" things should be in full swing!!

Try to hit it on Memorial Day weekend, if you want a real party, Havasu style. If you do, look for a place to stay today. Try to find a house to rent, for a crew like that it would be perfect!!!