Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       01-27-2010, 10:25 AM Reply   
Hey guys I have been looking to add another board to my line up. I currently ride LF Shane I've been looking at getting something different to spice it up a little.I have been looking at some of the flex boards out there and seen some pretty good deals on some 09's. what will I notice in a flex board compared to the one I have now. what would be a good flex board to get? I mostly ride wake to wake if that matters.

Thanks for the info.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-27-2010, 10:58 AM Reply   
i havnt ridden the shane,
but i went from riding a lyman and a watson to a company board and LOVED the change, tons of fun.

I got a 142 severance after having the chance to demo a 138 and falling in love with it, and i think the severance is the most fun board ive ever ridden. tons of pop, supper soft landings, and its the most predictable 3 stage board ive ever ridden. after my dad took a set on my severance, he went out and bought the recruit in a 143, and he loves it as well. it has a little less flex then my severance, but you can still tell its a flex board, it has tons of pop as well, supper soft landings, and is very predictable, and in my oppinion, the recruit is the easiest board to ollie ive ever been on, i couldnt believe how high i was getting on it. our group of rides prefers boards that are on the loose side, so my dad started out with just the 2 outer fins in his board and left the center out, and it was still pretty locked down, so he put the fins that belong on the center of the recruit (same fins that are on the severance all the way around) on his outer fins and loved it.

both the recruit and severance are really loose while not on edge which makes them easy to butter and slide around, but when you lean it over on edge, its very locked down and is really easy to charge the wake with.

Edit: im sure you will hear this alot, but if you have the chance. you should defiantly demo, i know a few people that dont like flex at all, and know some that swear by it, its all preference

if you have any other questions, feel free to ask and ill try my best to answer

(Message edited by lfrider92 on January 27, 2010)
Old     (boutwell_43)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-27-2010, 11:54 AM Reply   
I went from a 146 ronix one to a 142 ss recoil and love it. The board is lighter, and the flex is amazing! land a little tail heavy in the flats and it is like landing on butter....Really tuff boards too!!! But yeah if you can def demo before you buy.
Old     (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       01-27-2010, 12:42 PM Reply   
That is kinda the problem I have to drive 70 miles to get to the nearest board shop and I don't even think the carry flex boards.
Old     (wakemania)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-27-2010, 12:59 PM Reply   
My son went from the Ibex to a Severance and hasn't looked back. He loves it. I have asked him to try to explain what he likes better about it and he just says "everything", but definitely softer landings in the flats.

Jarod, if you're interested in the Severance. I may have a 142 that's been used maybe 3 times. One of my son's buddies got his at the same time and he just doesn't board anymore. It has the Company bindings (size 12) also. If you want, I can shoot you some pictures and get you a price through email.
Old     (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       01-27-2010, 1:03 PM Reply   
wakemania yea see what he wants then PM me. Thanks
Old     (wakemania)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-27-2010, 5:11 PM Reply   
Jarod, email sent.
Old     (flydenrict)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-28-2010, 9:11 AM Reply   
I swtiched from a LF shane to SS recoil after My shane snapped. The thing that I like abou the ss is that it is simply more fun to ride it. I agree with Wakemania's son that "everything is better." I feel like it is more lively under my feet, its fun to press on the nose and tail, even ollying is different (and fun). I only ride boat pretty much exclusivley and have had no compaints about my board for the season ive ridden it