Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-06-2009, 10:59 AM Reply   
My wife is pregnant and the the baby is due at the end of june. She said the only way she'll be boating this summer is if we get a tower bimini. I've done some research, as well as seen the previous thread on tower bimini diy, but I'm pretty sure I don't want to build my own. I did find that Big Air Pylons makes them (http://www.bigairpylons.com/TowerBimini.htm) and wondered if anyone has used there bimini or dealt with this company? Shipped to your door under $500 sounds like a decent price. Also, are there any other companies worth looking at? And, I'd like to have this before our season begins (which will probably start around the middle of next month or hopefully sooner). Any help help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Moon
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-06-2009, 11:03 AM Reply   
Moon, I've sold a lot of those.. I just emailed you some info.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-06-2009, 11:30 AM Reply   
Those look okay. There is just something about them though that looks a little cheesy. Might want to bug Ken to get his going faster.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-06-2009, 11:34 AM Reply   
Seems like it would be tough to break down for a road trip too.
Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-06-2009, 2:31 PM Reply   
J. Brenner, I pmed ken, but something tells me it's gotta be more then just me bugging him to get this thing rolling. Hopefully all those other people who said they would like to get in on the group buy got ken moving on to the production phase.

(Message edited by moon on April 06, 2009)
Old     (usostyle)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-06-2009, 6:43 PM Reply   
Moon- Can't help you with the Bimini, but Kellen and Kirby Moore are absolute STUDS, the pride of Prosser, and they are both Broncos! Sorry I couldn't resist...
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-06-2009, 7:15 PM Reply   
Biminis are a must-have IMO, but I wouldn't expect your wife & baby to get out on the boat this season. You'll both have your hands full anyway. If she's cool, just try to get a day on the water with the boys here & there, and bring a nice dinner home with you.
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-06-2009, 7:19 PM Reply   
I got my tower from big air.

Great group of guys!
Local drive for me so that made it even better.
Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-06-2009, 8:43 PM Reply   
ICE-a, that's funny stuff right there. Yeah, I live in Prosser, but teach and coach HS Football in another town that is in the same league as Prosser. From my coaching stand point, I'm glad to finally see both of them gone (they were were in a league of the own, but the overall team has been pretty darn good as well), but it makes me like that former Big Sky School even more.
Back to the Biminis, trace I don't expect my wife to be going on many trips, but she insists that she'll be up to it, so just trying to plan ahead.
Old     (dhcomp)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-06-2009, 8:56 PM Reply   
towerbiminis.com is a popular stop. Also, check wiht your tower mfg.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-06-2009, 8:59 PM Reply   
Towerbiminis.com

Littl more expensive than a standard bimini, but worth every penny for the ease of use and the quality. No Drilling to mount and a piece of cake to put up and take down with 1 person. Put in and pull out 2 pins that's it. Doesn't rattle at all. Again a little more expensive then a standard bimini, but rock solid, easy to use, bombproof, and great cutomer service. I have 2 little ones and a fair skin wife. I use it everytime we hit the water.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-07-2009, 6:58 AM Reply   
Tower biminis

[IMG]http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/suprahunter/biminitop005.jpg[/IMG]
Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-07-2009, 7:35 AM Reply   
dhcomp, I would check with my tower mfg., but the tower was on it when i purchased the boat (looks to be custom). The only info I got was from the old board racks that said "Hawk Towers", and looking online for that company has come up with zero hits.
Also, that's funny that you guys suggested towerbiminis.com. I was looking at their site last week and then over the weekend when I went to their site it took me straight to some domain company saying that the towerbiminis.com needed to re-regesture. This morning when going back to the site they are back on (guess they re-regestured). What would be the ballpark range price for just plan black tower bimini from them? I really like the aspect of them sitting on top of the tower rather then below. Is that standard or is that more? Thanks for the help.

Moon
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-07-2009, 7:46 AM Reply   
I'm trying to finish up the details on the Group Buy.. I did not like the first prototype, so I'm getting it revised..

Thanks,

Ken Land
Bullet Lines
www.bulletlines.com
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-11-2009, 11:14 PM Reply   
I have the big air. Works fine. does the job and man honestly it provided a WHOLE LOT of shade