Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (rideordie11)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-09-2009, 5:11 PM Reply   
im starting to try toe side frontrolls can someone help
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       05-09-2009, 10:32 PM Reply   
Well, are you getting close? What happens when you try it
Old     (rideordie11)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-12-2009, 6:50 AM Reply   
i land a lot on my back or but can you help with technique
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       05-12-2009, 8:07 AM Reply   
Sure thing chad, When I started trying these it was my first toeside invert, I couldnt even jump ts w2w yet. What I would do is come in hard, then huck it at the wake. I actually learned to land them, but was definitely not a smooth way. I spent alot of time over rotating it, and smacking my back. What really helped me to get this down smooth, was to take a few good toeside jumps wake to wake. Get the feel of riding to the top of the wake and getting the pop. Then go for it. What you need to remember when coming in is to keep BOTH hands on the handle, and keep the handle tight to your front hip. When you hit the wake, it should be just like your toeside jump, make sure and ride all the way to the top. once you hit the top initiate your roll. Think about going up in the air and not across both wakes. If you get the pop correct, it will easily carry you. AFTER you begin your roll, then release the handle with your back hand (otherwise you will be pulled to revert). Spot your landing and try to land edging away. good luck with it man, my biggest things I started out doing wrong was letting go of the handle with my back hand at the wake, and not riding it all the way to the top. If you do it right, it will happen really smoothly.

This past week I tried taking it to revert, and picked it up in one session. It is really an easy thing as well, plus you land with two hands on the handle making your landing a little stronger. Good luck with it man, hope this helps
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-12-2009, 8:28 AM Reply   
Not trying to tell flyhigh he's wrong, but it sounds like he is describing a toeside backroll (an over-rotated ts frontroll to your back would be cool).

Set up somewhat wide build an edge until about 5 feet before the wake, flatten off to get the trip flip. Get your pop, then release your back hand (not necessary but may help you tuck better) and throw your head down towards your back knee. Throwing your head towards your back knee is the key (this is a Dave Briscoe tip), this will give you line tension and a faster rotation. I went from consistently landing on my back or ass to landing on my chest immediately.
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       05-12-2009, 8:53 AM Reply   
Dang my bad, mis read.... Thanks Skubz....
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       05-12-2009, 8:57 AM Reply   
Skubz is right, the thing that boots me on this trick more than anything else is flattening out at the top of the wake, and standing tall. When you start your rotation, think about trying to over rotate. 98% of the time, your not going to. Something that someone told me to try when doing these and coming up short was to go for the indy grab, even if you never get it, it makes you tuck a little harder and stay there for a little longer. Helped me out. Good luck man