Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-08-2008, 6:52 PM Reply   
Just wondering if there is a "footbed" difference between a pair of driver or the D2's?

Thanks,
John
Old     (kid_a)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-08-2008, 9:51 PM Reply   
There is a huge difference to me in the footbed of the two. The D2's have an extra gel like footbed. I think the D2's are much more comfortable but seem a little softer and harder to really tighten down. Does anyone know how easy it is to put the harness under the footbed on the boot itself to lock in the heel a little better?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-08-2008, 10:24 PM Reply   
08 hands down.

the 07 is hard plastic with the liner for padding

the 08 is thicker liner + soft boot bottom

Get the 08's -- someone is selling them in the classifieds
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-09-2008, 4:57 AM Reply   
Dan - They are not designed to put the harness under the footbed...you will snap the footplate (gel pad). It is to just offer more ankle support and also take up more space in the boot...making less room for your heel to lift. But, to answer your question...it's not that hard to do.

Ewing - the 08's are miles above the 07's. They are super comfy...mainly due to the gel foot plate. Plus, you have the option to set them up to be able to ride on any type of board...unlike the 07's which can only be ridden' on a slingshot board.
Old     (kid_a)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-09-2008, 7:13 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info Jay. I thought I read somewhere on here people were putting the harness under the footplate. The 07's can also be put on any board with the adapter plate, I guess some came with it and some came with out it.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-09-2008, 7:21 AM Reply   
i have d2's on my lyman. probably the best bindings EVER. the new footbed's are super comfy. and i really like the ease of gettin in and out with the removable boot/support. interested in the 09's for sure

(Message edited by romes on September 09, 2008)
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-09-2008, 7:56 AM Reply   
Thanks...I saw some used ones but also saw new ones for sale for under 300.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-09-2008, 10:25 AM Reply   
John, I just had the 07 Watsons and they were nice, but the 08 D2's are the most comfy bindings I've ever had.
Old     (silverthunder)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-09-2008, 10:34 AM Reply   
I can back what Woody is saying...

I have the 07 watson and tried the 08 watson and although they are comfortable they are no where near the D2s. They are the best bindings I ever tried.

And, slingshot warranty offers the fastest service I ever seen regardless of the product... They take care of their customers.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-09-2008, 10:41 AM Reply   
Even if you could put the harness under the fot bed i wouldn't do it. I think that having a removable harness (and liners) not only satisfies those who do not want the harness, but the "removableness" i believe also serves as a better release mechanism on crashes, putting less stress on you AND on your boots and board. The liners are not as hard to put back in as some people say (just need a little practice to figure out the best way... i'm gona have to make a vid of this for the heck of it) I am actually starting to believe that whenever i DO get ejected from my boots it is a more "comfortable ejection" than others because the inner liner is cushioning the actions happening. the whole removable interior is just making more and more sense... to me.

ohh and here is the web site for the "Poron footbed " material which was also mentioned on the tag in the D2 box http://www.rogerscorporation.com/hpf/CT/Poron-F/Footwear%20homepage.htm
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-09-2008, 11:39 AM Reply   
It's funny that you say that cause they are going to get rid of the removeable liner next year I belive as well as the ankle harness. I was kinda bummed to hear that cause I use the ankle harness when I ride behind the boat all the time. When I ride the cable I take it out to keep everything faster. I always saw it as a benifit but apparently not everyone felt the same way. I am excited to see what they come out with for 09 though.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-09-2008, 11:56 AM Reply   
hmmm... funny indeed... I just recently adopted the idea above. i guess it will make it easier to "let go," if what you say is true.

i guess they (slingshot) will have 4 holes in the liner (liner, assuming that it will be more fixed like ronix boots) then... no other way to get to those screw holes for mounting?

just have to see what our journal-keeping and picture-taking-friends at the exciting expo bring us (slingshot AND other stuff too).
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-10-2008, 11:50 PM Reply   
I also remembered that i am gona seriously miss the ability to pull the liner from my boots to help them dry better too. If the liner is no longer removable in the future the boots are gona have SMELLY issues like i have heard so much about ronix having ;(

But i won't even think of getting new boots for another 2 years or more, unless something weird happens to my D2 boots till then