Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (jigster)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-08-2011, 7:43 AM Reply   
Curious if anybody has access to Lutz/Land O' Lakes area lakes? We trailer our boat out to Lake Thonotosassa and Lake Tarpon, but it is such a shame to have so many lakes minutes from our house and still end up having to trailer it 20+ miles since all of them are private. If someone can provide a close by lake, we can provide the boat

Also, both my wife and I wakeboard. If any other couples are into this and looking for rides, give us a shout. Hell, honestly anybody who is willing to wake up early enough to beat the chop and the crowds and pitches in for gas is a welcome addition.

Later - Jason
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-08-2011, 7:56 AM Reply   
Damn...just lost my access to Lake Magdalene too or Id help you out! I know how bad it stinks to trailer out to Tarpon or Lake Seminole even.
Old     (jigster)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-08-2011, 9:09 AM Reply   
Wow, that would've been nice!

Tarpon seems to always only be good up until about 10am. After that the seabreeze and swarm of boats and jet skis brings up the chop to a point where it is almost not worth being out.

Despite the horrible water quality, I actually prefer Thonotosassa due to the lack of traffic and wind, but the abundance of alligators doesn't sit well with the wife. I'm hoping to find something close by that's worthwhile. I've got a friend that lives near the Butler chain so we may be taking a ride out there in the next few weeks, but since that is so far out for us those trips will be far and few between.

-Jason
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-23-2011, 5:19 PM Reply   
Jason I wakeboard in Lutz all the time on lake keen. The only problem is the lake is REALLY small. But 90% of the time we are the only boat out. Every once in a while a jet ski will come out but they dont last long. If you and the wife ever want to just come out for a day at the lake let me know. My wife doesnt ride. I tow the kids on the tube and I wakeboard. Sometimes I have some friends out that I taught to WB. Like I siad its not the best lake but its close and almost always glass. I used to goto tarpon but its a to far to get my crew there before the lake gets ****ty. So I tuff it out on the small lake. Its a great place for family fun.
PS. Have you ever been to some local WB tourneys @ tower lake in Oldsmar? Fortes Inboard and LOL marine have had tourneys there. Its about that same size.
Old     (MDW2)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-26-2011, 8:59 AM Reply   
I have Access at Lake Magdalene. Its always glass. No one ever goes out there and I've been looking for a pull in the area. mdwickerh2f@gmail.com
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-26-2011, 9:09 AM Reply   
Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner. Jason, take him up on it. The lake always has perfect skiing/boarding conditions and zero traffic. I just met someone else this weekend who lives on lake mag
Old     (MDW2)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-26-2011, 11:03 AM Reply   
Hahaha @ LR3w8kbrdr. If you're out there shoot me an email.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-27-2011, 4:15 PM Reply   
I would be down for a lake day on lake mag. I am a bit older than you guys (42)and not at the skill level you guys are, but I love to get out and do what I can maybe pick up a pointer or 2 and watch people that can throw down do their thing.So let me know. Can bring my boat or pitch on gas and clean up. or we can just take turns on who brings the boat..whateva I'm easy.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-31-2011, 3:39 PM Reply   
Dylan I sent you an email. Lets all try and get together on lake Magdalene.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-01-2011, 9:35 AM Reply   
I got a hold of Dylan through email. He said lets pick a day amd ride on magdalene. so what day you guys want to ride? Weekends work best for me. or after 5 on thur or fri.
Old     (MDW2)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-01-2011, 11:01 AM Reply   
I'm off work on Wed. August 3rd and could do thursday or friday after 6:30pm or mornings as long as I'm off the water by 7:30am. Let me know
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            05-12-2012, 6:16 PM Reply   
You guys still around?? I'll be moving back onto Lake Magdalene in July. Cant wait, love the lake and the atmosphere. I'm sacrificing my commute times to work but living on a private lake is worth it. I'll be down on the south end, just picked up a waterfront condo.

Now to just get back into boat riding, as Ive spent some time this last yr at McCormicks.