Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (nbigger)      Join Date: May 2008       04-19-2010, 11:35 AM Reply   
I am looking into selling my 1990 Sport Nautique. I have not been using it much because my friends have really nice boats that are already on the lake and my wife is not a big fan. The boat has about 800 hours. It has Perfect Pass Stargazer wake addition a Kenwood CD player and a tower with 2 racks. The interior is in poor condition and the gell coat is faded and I removed the graphics because I was going to either wrap it in black vinyl or wet sand it. I was thinking of asking $10,000 dollars for the boat with trailer does that sound like a fair price?

Name:  IMAG0068.jpg
Views: 800
Size:  87.4 KB
Old    Chaserwaser            04-19-2010, 11:58 AM Reply   
I would shoot between 8 - 10k
Old     (nbigger)      Join Date: May 2008       04-19-2010, 3:24 PM Reply   
Thanks Chase thats what I figured. I will start at the 10 mark and that will leave me a little room to move on price. Now I just have ot get it on the water and make sure it is still running great and ready to go so there are no suprises if some one wants to take it out for a test drive.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-19-2010, 6:00 PM Reply   
Even though it is a nautique, That seems a bit high, with the trashed interior and shady exterior. I would think 8-10 in really nice condition. Good luck with the sale.
Old     (nbigger)      Join Date: May 2008       04-20-2010, 5:14 AM Reply   
Thanks TRDon, If I remember right you had a sport nautique also (1993?) what did you get for yours? I am just fishing right now and I really would like to keep it but the wife is pushing me pretty hard and she normally gets her way. I am going to put it on the road this week with a for sale by owner sign and 10k or best. Don't want to take under 8 right now I figure the gps perfect pass and tower and racks bring the boat up to that point.
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-20-2010, 7:26 AM Reply   
I would start at 10. I mean if you aren't in a hurry what could it hurt? Just make sure you don't start too low. You can always go down but its a little harder to go up.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-21-2010, 3:55 PM Reply   
I agree with matt. Might as well start there and see what happens.

I did have a 93 sport in a purple color scheme which made it kind of hard to sell. I did have a tower (new dimension with racks) and some other mild stuff but I ended up selling it for 12K I believe. I was in a hurry to sell it becasue I just bought my 03 SAN and wanted the money. I sterted at 14,500 and had 2 people come look and I called them back later the next week after not hearing back from them and told them that I would let it go for 12. My exterior was mint as was the interior. I could have held out but I wanted out for the quick turnaround and refinancing of the loan.