Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old    bocephus            04-03-2006, 8:25 AM Reply   
I've finally gotten my finances in line and am seriously thinking that I will buy a new boat within the next month or so. I have it narrowed down to two boats, a Signature Series SAN 210 or a loaded Sanger V210 with pretty much every option. I have test driven both boats and am leaning towards the SAN. I only want one of these two boats and nothing else. I’m super concerned about quality and warranty. What do you all think? The SAN will be pushing my budget but I can still do it. The SAN only has ballast, bimini, mooring cover, perfect pass and tower, no racks, cleats, etc…
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-03-2006, 8:29 AM Reply   
Take them for a ride and go with your gut. Both are awesome. Do you have pics of both with colors?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-03-2006, 8:29 AM Reply   
I would rather have a loaded less expensive boat with everything I need and some money left over, than push the budget and still not have board racks.
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-03-2006, 8:42 AM Reply   
I agree with J-Rod. You will still need many things, that cost a lot. Mooring lines, anchor, ropes.... etc. However, if you like the SAN better, racks aren't too expensive, and you can buy those next month. Then the month after, get something else. Cleats are an easy install. There is a BU website that has step by step instructions with pics. I will be doing it soon on my boat. Anyway, my point is, if you like the SAN better, you can slowly upgrade, till you are "there."

Like Diggs said, buy the one that your gut tells you too. Otherwise, you will always want the other one. You will not really be happy. (I know, because I messed up. I bought the one that my truck would be able to pull. Then three weeks later bought a bigger truck. Now I want the other boat!!!)

(Message edited by boarder_x on April 03, 2006)
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-03-2006, 8:50 AM Reply   
My advice is not to "settle." That could mean that you settle for a boat with less options, but you want those options. Or settle for a loaded boat, but it is not the boat you want. IMO, it is easier to wait for exactly what you want, than second guess a purchase.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-03-2006, 8:59 AM Reply   
I can't speak for a SAN but I can give my thoughts on Sanger.

If your concern is quality and warranty, Sanger is VERY good in both areas. They build a quality boat that has been around forever. As far as warranty, I have never had a problem getting warranty work done on our Sanger and the customer service from the Sanger folks is phenomenal.

Good luck with your decision.
Old    bocephus            04-03-2006, 9:19 AM Reply   
I have thoroughly researched both warranties, service departments in my area and both companies; this is why it's only between these two boats.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-03-2006, 9:41 AM Reply   
I will offer a different opinion then J-rod and Robbs.

First off, I own a Signature Edition Nautique (SV211 but my reasoning applies to the SAN). The major difference between the SE and the LE or Team boats is the dash and electrical system. You can get same ballast, tower, racks, and all other accessories as options on a signature edition boat. In fact my dealer sells lots of SE boats loaded up with all the team options as a way to save the buyer about $2-8k depending on the boat.

I actually prefer having the more basic electrical system without the keypad/pushbutton controlled computer/relay system. I also enjoy not having a breaker panel blocking the preferred location for the subwoofer. I also like having a key to operate the ignition like all other boats I have owned, even though it's not an issue either way. I guess I feel a little more comfortable knowing that I can trace out every wire to solve a problem if I ever needed.

I would suggest that you decide weather or not you prefer the Sanger or the Nautique. Sanger makes a nice boat but it's quite different than the Nautique. If you prefer the Sanger, option it as you budget allows and buy it. If you prefer the Nautique, go for the SE and add the things you can afford. If it's the Nautique make sure you get the belly tank, I doubt that you can add that later. Most other options like racks and stereo can be added as funds allow.

Either way I doubt that you regret either decision given the choices.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-03-2006, 1:23 PM Reply   
Both are great boats, I would compare and contrast in the following ways:

V210
Wake has more transition
Drives way better
More storage
More seating

SAN
Wake is steeper and can be built bigger
Stock ballast system is wayyyyyy better
More street cred

I put a custom ballast system in mine and I love it to pieces, I couldn't swap it for a SAN now.

The only real advise I would give is buy the boat that gives you the tingles, your head has eliminated the boats that don't work for you, let your heart decide which boat does work for you.
Old     (brianmiller)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-03-2006, 2:13 PM Reply   
I agree with Mikeski. I just bought an 03 SAN signature series. The only thing it doesn't have is the stereo upgrade and the digital dash. The other thing to think about is resale. Compare used boat prices between the two boats.
Old     (jmv)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-03-2006, 2:14 PM Reply   
I was in your shoes a month ago. I was offered a good deal on a v215 loaded for cheap. But I waited a couple of weeks and got myself an equipped Signature Ed. SAN 210 for $10k more ( pushing my budget too). I agreed with Mikeski, the signature series is the way to go. You can add the other options later if you want; the wake is still the same as the Team.

The important question is, do I regret my purchase. Hellll Nooo! I love my SAN. Good luck.
Old     (mattyboyr6)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-03-2006, 5:37 PM Reply   
Go with ride, comfort, and wake. All the other little options can be added later. The wake you are stuck with. I know Steves V210 rides fien through the chop and has a most kickin wake. Even empty it throws a great wake. Adding ballast just increases size.
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-03-2006, 5:52 PM Reply   
The dealer also is a huge factor, I dont know anything about the sanger dealer in phx but I know that century marine has been great to work with with everything. Good luck in your purchase thier both great boats but Im partial to nautique, get the SAN
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-03-2006, 6:38 PM Reply   
If you are a rider, go for the SAN. If you just like to be on the water and pull tubers, get the Sanger.
Old     (lsv_doc)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-03-2006, 6:54 PM Reply   
I just got the SAN SE, killer wake, upgraded from a Moomba Mobius LSV and significant difference in how it rides and wakeshape. If you are ready to go BIG, then SAN, if your a begginner and do not want to go big for 4 years, then the v215is good.
Old    mendo247            04-03-2006, 7:37 PM Reply   
"If you are a rider, go for the SAN. If you just like to be on the water and pull tubers, get the Sanger" --LMAO!!

"If you are ready to go BIG, then SAN, if your a begginner and do not want to go big for 4 years, then the v210is good"-- man o man i think i just pi**ed myself!!

cause we all know that there arent any serious riders who like their V210's lol ..and its a known fact that you cant go big behind a sanger, thats why when you get really good you sell em!!! lol are you guys serious??

you gots to be kidding lol...

to quote my boss "six of one half a dozen another".. you cant go wrong either way.. they are both awesome boats.. anything that says nautique is going to hold its value like nothing else, but your also gonna pay more, so does it really hold its value better?? im not sure but i will say that their build quality and the way they hold up over time is unbelievable!! sangers are great boats, i love mine and dont have any complaints yet, IMHO they are one of, if not the best, bang for your buck out there..

either way your gonna be loving it!! just dont exceed you limits $ wise

(Message edited by mendo247 on April 03, 2006)
Old    walt            04-03-2006, 7:50 PM Reply   
Bocephus,

Take a few sets behind both boats and demo them to death. Gerk just has his owner goggles on and is talking out his ass.

Both boats have outstanding wakes but the Nauti wake is a little to step for some peoples taste.
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-03-2006, 7:58 PM Reply   
Richard is right. I sold my last 02 SAN for an 06 SAN.

I'm just kidding about the tuber comment. I've never even been in a sanger but I hear the v210 has a good wake. For me personally, I was spoiled by the SAN the first time I was behind one so for me I wasn't going to settle for anything less. That was 5 years ago and in my opinion, the SAN was the premier wake at the time.

You might want to go check out the Malibu if you haven't already. I rode behind the new VLX and it had a really good wake and I think the price is about the same as the v210.
Old    walt            04-03-2006, 8:00 PM Reply   
I didn't see this before...(If you are ready to go BIG, then SAN, if your a begginner and do not want to go big for 4 years, then the v215is good.)

You guys are killing me with this horse crap !
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-03-2006, 8:16 PM Reply   
Sanger wake will get just as big if not bigger than the SAN, also the V210 will drive better than the SAN with extra ballast.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-03-2006, 8:21 PM Reply   
"If you are a rider, go for the SAN. ......I've never even been in a sanger"

Ha, ha, ignorance is bliss.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-03-2006, 8:26 PM Reply   
if your lakes are anything like mine, i'm sure most of you guys have realized a pattern developing: most of the best riders have older, non-"premier" wakeboats (old direct-drive ski boats, super sports rather than super airs, prostars instead of x-stars, sunsetters not wakesetters, etc.) while a nice new boat RARELY signifies good riders (i'm a perfect example of this). there's nothing at all wrong with this and can be generalized pretty easily; to be an amazing wakeboarder you need to devote A LOT of time on the water which doesn't bode well for finding a job that pays you enough to afford a $60k "world-class" boat. anyway, my point is, contrary to popular belief, you do NOT need an x-star or SAN or vlx to reach your potential. there is NOTHING you can do behind a SAN that you can't behind a v210
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-03-2006, 8:32 PM Reply   
Jeff makes a good point. If you live on top ramen, go get a 82-89 Ski Nautique 2001. They have the highest wake-to-price ratio if there is such a thing.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-04-2006, 12:39 PM Reply   
Jeff, you hit it on the head.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       04-04-2006, 12:57 PM Reply   
Paul, I am definetly a Top-Ramen kinda guy, and you gotta buy the cheap gineric kind that you make yourself, not the ones that are in the cup that you just microwave. A lot more of the top line wakeboard boats are used as party boats as much as for wakeboarding. The thing about the 2001 is for partying it absolutly sucks, there is no room for anything other than fatsacks, lead, and a few people in mine.
Proud owner of a 82 2001 that I pull with a 92 Ford Flareside.

Go for the one that you like. Neither will signicantly help you ride better. For me the boat that I liked the best was one that I could pay cash for and I have no regrets.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-04-2006, 1:31 PM Reply   
Bocephus, I can second the positive reviews for Cenury Marine. They are awesome and have taken good car of my family since the 80s. I have my Dad's 88' Ski Nautique and the guys and gals at Century always treat me great and are quick and easy to deal with. The Sanger guys might be great too, I just don't know. Anyway, if you need any help breaking her in let me know. But in all seriousness, come summer, if you're boat's not here yet let me know and you're more than welcome to come out on my old Nauti. We'll be riding a lot at Canyon Lake.

Good luck in the decision. I hope I get to make a similar one in a few years.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-04-2006, 5:08 PM Reply   
Paul....I would've taken either one of your boat's...Both very nice.....I would consider buying used if I ever get another boat.But that is after I fix the 86 2001 in my driveway with no floor and bad stringers. But just because I got an old boat I still suck ass boarding HAHA.