Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-11-2011, 1:20 PM Reply   
how about them Rangers!
1st ever post season walk off grand slam!

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_...J7yTePvlqLi9iL
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-11-2011, 5:10 PM Reply   
I was wondering when you were going to start posting about your rangers. The hottest team usually wins it all. Texas looks to be that team this year. Good luck!
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       10-12-2011, 6:48 AM Reply   
yeahhhhh buddy! Rangers are going to OWN OCTOBER!
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-12-2011, 8:38 PM Reply   
boo ya!!!
to buy or not to buy game 3,4,or5 tickets?!!!
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-15-2011, 10:03 PM Reply   
Texas Rangers!!!!

Cruz to the World Series!!!!
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-24-2011, 8:42 AM Reply   
oh yea!!!!
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       10-24-2011, 12:46 PM Reply   
Napoli ever after!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-24-2011, 2:15 PM Reply   
What a great series so far. I hope it goes 7.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-25-2011, 6:34 AM Reply   
1 more !!!!!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-25-2011, 6:39 AM Reply   
Napoli comes through again. Great series.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-25-2011, 6:55 AM Reply   
It was a nail biter last night.The Cards have some powerful bats.I would prefer to see Texas end it Wednesday!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-28-2011, 1:07 PM Reply   
That had to be a giant kick in the nads to the rangers fans out there.
And to think, i left in the 8th inning to go play hoops, figuring the game was all but done. Cant believe i missed one of the most exciting finishes to a world series game in a long time. Hell, even my wife watched the rest of the game last night!
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-28-2011, 1:18 PM Reply   
still in pain over that one. I am just glad it was the Cards and not the damn Yankees! I will continue to root the Rangers on with hopes of a win. On paper, as far as a Hollywood script, the Cardinals climb this season is pretty entertaining.

My 2 teenage daughters and the wife were all glued to the TV last night. If you aren't watching this series, you are truly missing out on some great baseball entertainment

Go Rangers.......and hey Wash!, stop putting in Ogando!!!!! please!!!!!!
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       10-28-2011, 1:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrigo View Post
That had to be a giant kick in the nads to the rangers fans out there.
Yeah, to say the least! This series has been ridiculous the whole way through. It's really fun to watch exciting baseball like that. The Rangers bullpen needs to step it up and we can't afford the errors we had last night! Tonight is the night! GO RANGERS!
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-28-2011, 2:30 PM Reply   
last night, I saw:
-two clowns run into eachother in the outfield
-a fly out to third base dropped
-the worst bunt call in the history of baseball leading to a double play
-pitching around a guy (WEAK)... but no no lets pitch around a guy who hasnt done anything to get to a guy who has been the MVP
-a game ending catching at the wall to be misjudged by 17 feet
-terrible pitching
-the worst throw ever from second to first
-nonathletic baserunning leading to a blown up ankle (nothing is softer than a baseball injury)

-wait wait, im not done yet... I also saw a pitcher put on a winter parka to run the bases.

baseball is single handedly the softest sport around. These clowns get paid millions to fail 7 out of 10 times. Well they managed. Last night was a big fail for the sport
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-28-2011, 2:51 PM Reply   
and waterskiing is at the top of the toughness scale, right?
you try hitting a small round ball going 99 mph, with a round bat. you would fail 10 out of 10 times.
if you dont like the sport, why did you witness so much of last nights game?
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-28-2011, 3:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
and waterskiing is at the top of the toughness scale, right?
you try hitting a small round ball going 99 mph, with a round bat. you would fail 10 out of 10 times.
if you dont like the sport, why did you witness so much of last nights game?
Haaa. I dont get paid millions to waterski. Nor do i necessary call it a sport.

As far as hitting a 99 mph fastball, thats not a big issue. Hitting the "junk" pitches is whats hard. As for watching. It was entertaining I suppose.

The fact remains, MLB players get paid way to much to fail over and over again.

Last edited by mjfan23; 10-28-2011 at 3:11 PM.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-28-2011, 3:19 PM Reply   
Of course they get paid too much. All pro athletes do. I guarantee you cant hit a 99 mph fastball. Yes, a good off speed pitch is very difficult to hit, but 99 is a lot faster than the normal 90-92 that most big leaguers throw. Like i said before though, if you dont like the sport, dont watch it. And certainly dont comment on the game.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-28-2011, 9:05 PM Reply   
Congrats to the Cards.They out played and out pitched the Rangers.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-29-2011, 10:12 AM Reply   
What a great series. I dont care what the token waterskiier tool on this site thinks. That was a great series to watch.
I was the edge of my seat for much of the entire series. Lets hope puols does the right thing now, and stay in st louis where he belongs.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-29-2011, 4:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
What a great series. I dont care what the token waterskiier tool on this site thinks. That was a great series to watch.
I was the edge of my seat for much of the entire series. Lets hope puols does the right thing now, and stay in st louis where he belongs.
Apparently you do, you keep mentioning me in every post.

A 96mph fastball I have seen, have you?
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-29-2011, 4:15 PM Reply   
you know, for a guy who brags about a lot of things, you have shown absolutely zero to back it up.
and yes, I have seen mid 90's while in the box before. I am not going to pretend I could hit it though. I am not a braggart like you.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-29-2011, 4:21 PM Reply   
Well what would you like me to show?

The game film where I dropped 42 in a high school game against a team that beat LBJ?
The names of two guys getting overpaid by the yankees and gaints who I batted against in practice?

My athletic abilities are far more impressive than most, including yours.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-29-2011, 5:50 PM Reply   
Yes.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-29-2011, 6:14 PM Reply   
well, I think that it was a pretty impressive series. There were lots of mistakes. That was somewhat commical. My frustration was with the plate umpire. I don't think he knows what a strike is.

having said that, the Cardinals were impressive when they needed to be. That was the difference. Congratulations!

My rangers went further than they ever have. They will no longer be the laughing stock of either MLB or the Metroplex. Congrts to them on that.

I am not a fan of the different rules for the different leagues. I think that's stupid. I am also not a fan of how homefield advantage is decided. If either of those factors fell in favor of the Rangers, they would be champs. BUT!, no sour grapes here. The season that the Cardinals had is stuff of baseball folk lore. They represent what baseball is all about
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-29-2011, 6:43 PM Reply   
eric surkamp

andrew brackman

Ill work on the 42.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-30-2011, 6:23 AM Reply   
I've seen this same guy on the NBA thread.He was sour grapes on there too.He was better than most of the NBA players too.Just waiting for him to pop up on the NFL Smack talking thread.Then he could be a 3 sport star.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-30-2011, 9:33 AM Reply   
I am better then every current NBA player. There are none.

Never played football in highschool or college. Probably should have tho. The Scholarships offered could have gotten out of control.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-30-2011, 1:58 PM Reply   
Deuchtardcoughcoughdeuchtard.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-30-2011, 2:00 PM Reply   
Did you google the two names. Im sure you did. They went to the best high school in the country, as did I.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-30-2011, 2:21 PM Reply   
Actually, i did not. I know who andrew brackman is though. So were those the guys who shoved you into the lockers when you were collecting their jocks?
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-30-2011, 3:57 PM Reply   
shoved in lockers???

are you forgetting my athletic prominence. Being the big shot on campus is an interesting experience, would you know ?
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       10-31-2011, 6:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
My frustration was with the plate umpire. I don't think he knows what a strike is.

I am also not a fan of how homefield advantage is decided.
I agree with both points here.. I feel like there was definitely an inconsistent strike zone and I would like to see the best record decide who gets home field advantage, in the most important series in baseball, not the All Star game where no one gives an F.

It's tough to swallow, having lost the World Series two years in a row... and the Cowboys suck!

David Stern needs to free Nowitzki, so we can watch something a little less heartbreaking and so he can mop MJFAN23's ass up and down the court.. since he is better than every current NBA player.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-31-2011, 9:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett33 View Post
David Stern needs to free Nowitzki, so we can watch something a little less heartbreaking and so he can mop MJFAN23's ass up and down the court.. since he is better than every current NBA player.
Dirk is a great player, alot of respect for his game... although... I probably would have won a ring alot faster.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       10-31-2011, 12:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfan23 View Post
Dirk is a great player, alot of respect for his game... although... I probably would have won a ring alot faster.
Dude, you sound like the sports version of LON.. If you don't stop posting these ridiculous assumptions, people are going to know I'm not working and that something hilarious must be happening in my office..

Please, enlighten me as to why you haven't been drafted or won a ring then?

Apparently, the super sperm that birthed your incredible talent, failed to teach you that acting like a jackass makes people doubt your skills..
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-31-2011, 12:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett33 View Post
Please, enlighten me as to why you haven't been drafted or won a ring then?.

Med School put an end to my athletic career.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            10-31-2011, 1:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfan23 View Post
shoved in lockers???

are you forgetting my athletic prominence. Being the big shot on campus is an interesting experience, would you know ?
What campus?
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-01-2011, 10:03 AM Reply   
The greatest high school in the country.

As for the big shot on college, of course i was that, doesnt compare to the best high school in the nation... But i went to a small private college to get into med school.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-01-2011, 11:15 AM Reply   
I am calling troll on this toolbag.
You wont actually answer any question directly, so therefore i think you are entirely fullof shiot. And even if you are not, the fact that you actually act like this makes you that much more of a deuchtard.
I wont bother with your nonsense anymore.
Old    bigdtx            11-01-2011, 11:19 AM Reply   
LOL Troll win.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-01-2011, 11:32 AM Reply   
What question my man?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-01-2011, 4:03 PM Reply   
This has been some damn entertaining reading.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-01-2011, 4:25 PM Reply   
I love any thread where Eric pops up.. most entertaining thing I've read all day.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-02-2011, 2:40 PM Reply   
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-03-2011, 2:52 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_thp...eature=related