Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-26-2008, 4:12 AM Reply   
I was reading the news on WW where the Meloons reopened their Southeast dealership and will be a Mastercraft dealer. First, I didn't realize the Mellons were no longer involved in the CC company. But selling Mastercraft boats seems to be a huge slap in the face to CC. There has to be a story behind this. Please give me the details on what is happening here.
Old     (bamboo)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-26-2008, 8:56 AM Reply   
It's true.
Old     (focker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-26-2008, 9:25 AM Reply   
The details?

Apparently they realized the needed to be selling the best boat brand.

*sets rod in rod holder*... :-)
Old    K.B.C.            09-26-2008, 9:32 AM Reply   
I think it's justa rumor. I remember reading that thread and someone stated that the Meloon's are still owners of CC, just not majority owner's. They also said the whole MC thing is also untrue. I think it was innovate that said this, he is a CC dealer
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-26-2008, 9:34 AM Reply   
The Meloons still own 49% of the CC company...

This particular Soap Opera is because the Meloons' dealership in Orlanda was shut down by the new majority shareholder because the Meloons' never had an operating agreement with themselves. As a result they are pissed off and opened a MC dealership. It all boils down to some snot nose entitled kids of the founder taking what was given to them for granted and pissing it away.

So much for a family legacy and for "Parting the Waters".

Looks like Sanger is the last family owned and operated mainstream wakeboarding boat company.
Old    K.B.C.            09-26-2008, 9:41 AM Reply   
Now I don't know this was just posted

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/629683.html?1222404692
Old     (boom)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-26-2008, 10:12 AM Reply   
Basically this is what's going on:

Meloon's owned S.E. CC would sell a boat for much less than they would let their dealers sell their boats for. They didn't follow their own guidelines set in place to protect their dealers (like terrority restrictions, minimum sale price etc. ) when the new owners bought them out they refused to sign a non-compete, and when all this came to a head, when the new owners took SE CC and gave it to their sales manager (Jeff) and as a act I can only see as aggression, the Meloons signed to sell Mastercrafts in CC's home market.

Mastercraft saw it as an opportunity to say that a 80+ year old family boat manufacturer (of one of the top 3 in the industry) is deciding to sell mastercraft, then it should speak volumes about the quality of CC. They are trying to claim that the maloons are now saying that Mastercraft is a better product.
(David F is saying exactly what Mastercraft is hoping people would say)

To me, it says that the Maloons are very pissed off at the new owners and are trying to be spiteful. What's wierd is that LIquid sports is not a dealer in Orlando and Winter Haven anymore - but they still have Jacksonville territory.

Time will tell how this plays out.

(Message edited by boom on September 26, 2008)
Old     (morgs)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-26-2008, 10:22 AM Reply   
Some more info on the MC team talk site -

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=26659
Old     (boom)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-26-2008, 10:25 AM Reply   
Jim @ BAWS will probalby explain it as best as he can (all while spinning it for Mastercraft)
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-26-2008, 10:27 AM Reply   
It seems like a big risk on MC's part to partner up with people being spiteful to the company their family started....what is going to happen when the meloons have a disagreement with MC management?