Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-14-2012, 5:53 PM Reply   
just got my new Jetpilot Murray in the mail and am very disappointed! The vest seems pretty decent and all for the price and is pretty thin. Big the biggest problem I have is this thing is HUGE!!! Ordered an XL because their sizing chart says 45-49 inch chest and I run 47.5" and am 6'1" 210lbs with 34' waist. Well its very loose on the chest and even looser in the belly area! I could wear this thing over top a parka! It feels like its an xxl.

Anyway more posting this for others.

I might still order a size large but wonder if anyone else has any other recommendations? I'm thinking maybe a Oneill revenge but that thing is like $150. Looked at a swat and law but thought they were a little thick.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-15-2012, 3:22 AM Reply   
I'm pretty much the exact same size as you and run the Large Murray, really quite like it. I wouldn't give up on the vest but contact JP and see if you can get a swap?
Old     (thescott)      Join Date: Nov 2007       08-15-2012, 7:44 AM Reply   
I had the same issue with sizing on both the Shane and Murray CGA vests. I normally wear a L or sometimes XL depending on the brand and I'm in a medium Shane.

FWIW I have a size large brand new w/ tags never used Murray (2011-Black/Grey) up for sale. PM me if you're interested. Listed in classifieds on this site.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-15-2012, 6:35 PM Reply   
Hey Ron. I just bought a phalanx non cg and its awesome. I am the same size as you and their vests have a long cut. That's what I did not like about the Murray it was short and pricey I would give them a shot i did not buy the CG but the non fits great Their CS is awesome and I think the vests are still on sale. Go check it out.
Old     (monroeyd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-15-2012, 7:02 PM Reply   
Been rockin' the Revenge for a while a it's comfy. Tried out a Capella Vest and it was comfy too, ran a little on the big side. When I get a new vest I'll prob go that route.