Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-25-2010, 12:09 PM Reply   
Does the air release valve you can purchase for the top of a fat sac automatically release the air or do you have to do something with the fitting?
Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-25-2010, 12:47 PM Reply   
If this is what you are talking about, it allows you to easily "burp" excess air out of the bag by simply loosening the fitting slightly

http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-p...ting-w749.html
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-25-2010, 1:09 PM Reply   
thanks
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-25-2010, 2:18 PM Reply   
you could probably just drill holes in your existing cap to get the same effect.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-25-2010, 7:31 PM Reply   
The air release caps are awesome. You spill way less air when venting the bags if you are sloppy like me. You cant just drill your own because the air release valves are longer so when you loosen it it is still threaded in. I was going to make my own but it wasnt going to work. 5-6 bucks is worth it IMO. and then you have the original as a spare.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-26-2010, 6:49 AM Reply   
Its just has longer threads? Are you saying they are milking a few more pennies out of us? If that's the case Fly High should be installing them as stock and eliminating the shorter ones all together.
Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-26-2010, 7:58 AM Reply   
I think what mitch is saying is it has longer treads and a hole. The one I saw at my local dealer had a hole near the top in the threads. I didn't notice if the threads were longer though.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-26-2010, 10:33 AM Reply   
It doesnt make sense for them to give them to everyone since a lot of people plumb in the bags.

The threads are longer by a half inch, there is a hole running through the center and then one going perpindicular into the threads at the top.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-26-2010, 11:28 AM Reply   
Oh I see. Un-screw it until the air flows out the side threads. I received a wally plug for each opening plus the quick connect. Why not provide a air release and one wally along with the quick connect instead.

Another question, how reliable are the quick connections with the ring and tabs?
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-26-2010, 1:23 PM Reply   
I drilled a hole through the center of mine and then 4 smaller holes perpendicular to that about a few threads down from the "O" rings. I leave it unscrewed a few turns when filling, then just tighten the cap once its full... works perfect and you dont have to keep a constant eye on it when filling
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-26-2010, 1:26 PM Reply   
Bryce Nice
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-27-2010, 11:16 AM Reply   
Thats what I was thinking. It shouldnt matter if its longer as long as the holes you drill are exposed when you unscrew it.

Tim, the quick connects are super reliable and mine dont leak at all! Never even come close to coming off.
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       10-27-2010, 1:46 PM Reply   
I did what bryce did, it works perfect. NOt only does it save 6 bucks for the part, it saves money on shipping.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-28-2010, 6:46 AM Reply   
This is one of those things that should get shipped as a standard part of the bag. If you don't need it big deal it functions as a wally plug.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-29-2010, 9:51 AM Reply   
they only cost 4.99. if you drill the reg. cap you need to drill vertically and horizontally. I would just buy one for 4.99. They work ok, but I usually just burp mine through one of my filler valves, its just easier to me anyway......