Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-23-2008, 9:06 PM Reply   
My wife and i got a vacation (3 day cruise) thing to the bahamas that leaves from florida that we have to use in 18 months

I kinda want to use it at a time to go see the surf expo next year too.

anyone know when it will be next year? is it always in September?

i did a quick search on line and it said that the surf expo was September 12-14, 2008 and January 15-18, 2009. what happens at the january one vs the september one?

some have told us that there are monsoons in september and that it might not be good time. if the january surf expo is kool then maybe that time would be better for weather conditions?

we also are considering mid may for our anniversary, but some have told me it is an expensive time of year.
----------------------------

in short, What is the best time to go to Florida and the bahamas for those in the know?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-23-2008, 9:08 PM Reply   
september is the big (real) surf expo. and yeah, it rains in september.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-24-2008, 5:28 AM Reply   
It always rains in Fla. Go to the Sept. one, it's at least 3x better.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-24-2008, 5:30 AM Reply   
It typically rains several afternoons per week in september. Also it is the middle of hurricane season so that is a possibility.

It doesn't rain much at all from november through april.
Old     (caseman1322)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-24-2008, 9:29 AM Reply   
don't go in January if your just looking for wakeboard stuff. There are no wakeboard companies at the January Surf Expo. They don't have a reason to be there twice a year unless they have apparel, and if they do they won't be showing any boards or hard goods.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-24-2008, 1:40 PM Reply   
September 10-12. It isn't something you can buy tickets to either, it's more invite only so make sure you can get in before you plan your trip.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-24-2008, 2:54 PM Reply   
It is for wholesale/distributors only. It is not open to the public unfortunately.

Don't worry about the rain. Once you are inside, you won't want to leave.
Old     (pacifichigh)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-24-2008, 3:06 PM Reply   
Isn't the last day open to the public? I've only been once.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-24-2008, 3:07 PM Reply   
i think the only thing different about the last day is that it's the only day you can buy products.
Old     (pacifichigh)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-24-2008, 3:22 PM Reply   
& Sh*t is cheap since no one wants to pack up all their samples