Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (sanger)      Join Date: May 2002       04-09-2011, 2:24 PM Reply   
Did a search and couldn't find much on ride reports. Anyone have rider info they would share?
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-09-2011, 4:02 PM Reply   
I just got a pair, and took my fourth set on them today. Love the way they ride. I just came off the 08 Shane OT that had the older style two-piece base plate, and I gotta say these are way better. Easily 35% lighter than my old Shanes. These are also my first closed toe binding and I'm stoked on that too.

If you look on Liquid Force or some of the shops websites they have short demo vidoes. They sell the ankle strap pretty hard, but I think it's a useless feature. There are laces underneath which work way better. I can pull that strap and cannot get it any tighter than I do with the laces.

So four rides in, have to say I'm really pleased.
Old    mojo            04-09-2011, 4:45 PM Reply   
Don't get em. Not based on function. Look who owns them. Www.kentwatersports.com and look who they filed suit against
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-10-2011, 12:42 AM Reply   
Wow, that's mature Mojo. If he wants to buy shanes he can buy them, jeez.
Old     (sanger)      Join Date: May 2002       04-10-2011, 8:40 AM Reply   
I currently have the 07 Shane OT. They've been a good binding but my old age is setting in and I'd like to have more footbed cushion. Did you notice much difference in the shock absorption when landing with the new Shanes?
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-10-2011, 8:46 AM Reply   
what if his local shop sold 11' shanes? would you still want him to not buy them?

jeez whatever happened to just supporting wakeboarding as a whole
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-10-2011, 10:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_vilfo View Post
what if his local shop sold 11' shanes? would you still want him to not buy them?

jeez whatever happened to just supporting wakeboarding as a whole
Mojo is right here. No one should be supporting liquid force right now.

If my shop offered them I would explain to the shop why I think they should be offering other brands that aren't interested in meaningless litigation that holds back wakeboarding as a whole. What Tony Finn is doing is garbage at best, criminal in my eyes, and I hope that Justin ends up alright.

The best way you can support wakeboarding this summer is by voting with your dollars and not supporting liquid force.

I'm keeping a sharpie on my boat this summer. You can bring liquid stuff on but you have to censor the brand name. Otherwise leave it on the dock please. Pretty simple.
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-10-2011, 10:56 AM Reply   
alright- that was a thread jack, my bad. to get back on topic- I think the bindings you use are more important to the board you ride, I would strongly suggest you demo or at least store-fit bindings before buying them. Riding a set of bindingst that don't fit right will hold you back more than anything else.
Old    mojo            04-10-2011, 11:45 AM Reply   
Actually my comment was mature.turning a blinds eye to the truth is immature.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-10-2011, 12:21 PM Reply   
Just did a little work on google to see whats up, and I came across this http://stokemeter.com/2011/03/19/water-sports-turmoil/. There's a bunch of speculation and conclusions drawn in it, but there's also a fair bit of factual evidence. I'm a little embarassed that I havent been more aware of this in the past, this isnt good. Having read into it, I'm on mojo's side with this one.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-10-2011, 12:46 PM Reply   
time and place. this thread isn't.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-10-2011, 12:48 PM Reply   
I mean Im not supporting what Liquid Force is doing against other companies but I just honestly any business for an industry as small as wakeboarding is good business.

ps. liquid force bindings suck anyways
Old     (sanger)      Join Date: May 2002       04-10-2011, 12:52 PM Reply   
Interesting direction this thread has gone, not.

Dustin are your new bindings the same size as the old ones?
Old    mojo            04-10-2011, 12:56 PM Reply   
Sorry about derailing your thread. With all the corporate shenanigans in the world, not just wake, I feel it's important to try to guide people to better buying decisions. Especially bc there are other choices that are just as good if not better. It's your $ so spend it how you like. It's a free country until the world becomes a global economy run by corporations.
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-10-2011, 8:43 PM Reply   
Gary, yes they are the same size, and fit pretty very to size. I did try on some of the other LF boots (Ultra, Transit, Vantage) on the IP6 Chassis and found the sizing ran large. I had worn the 12-13+ in my old shanes and found the 12-15 boots on the IP chassis to be way too big. My toes barely came out of the opening on these boots and I'm a size 12 or 13 depending on shoe brand. I would have had to size down to the 10-12 size. With the high end stuff on the AR6 chassis, the sizes are much more true to fit.

Also, the high end LF stuff on the AR6 chassis (Watson, Shane, Soven) have the air packs in the footbed, but I think the bigger difference in impact absorbtion between these and the older bindings are not having that hump in the arch where the baseplate screws into the bottom. The biggest problem I had with my 08's was the footbed packed down everywhere except in the middle where it had all that plastic where the screws went into the bottom and my arch would cramp and hurt like hell.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-10-2011, 8:58 PM Reply   
dustin, any chance you've had the chance to ride harley's bindings? if so, how did they compare to the shanes?
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-10-2011, 9:03 PM Reply   
Not ridden Harleys...

But I swear they are just closed toe Transits. Look on the LF website and check the stitching patterns and that rubber flex zone in the back. They look exactly the same.

Oh, and I've not ridden the Transit either, but if you know anyone that has I would think that would be a pretty reasonable comparison.
Old     (sanger)      Join Date: May 2002       04-10-2011, 9:59 PM Reply   
Thanks Dustin for the details, the local shops here haven't really ramped up yet on the 2011 wakeboard stuff but I do expect them to later this month. I've been happy with the 07 Shanes and probably will get the 2011 model.