Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old    wakeboard4568            07-31-2002, 5:26 PM Reply   
Hey everyone, I need help on Surface 360s. Ihave no clue how to even start trying them. Thanks! Elisabeth~~
Old    edward            07-31-2002, 9:26 PM Reply   
i leard on the inside of a turn or you could just slow the boat speed down to like 14 mph. then just practice the reverse sideslide, turn toeside only try and kick your rear foot out to break the fin loose. practice that until you can slide it 10-15 foot easy.then the handle pass is easy, just start the slide then reach for the handle. this took me a weekend to learn it consistantly.to make it into a 3 you can just ride switch for a second and then do a surface 180 or i just complete the blind 180 then lean back and spin the 360 altogether. it is not that hard of a trick to learn, i actully did a surface 3 on accident when trying to do the blind surface 180.good luck and keep trying.
Old    chrispy1            08-01-2002, 11:54 AM Reply   
take the fins off.doing any surface tricks this way makes it easier. my little brother got up on his first try , and since he forgot to put the fins in , did surface moves all day long.
Old    wakeboard4568            08-01-2002, 12:12 PM Reply   
So, you can actually take the fins off & youll still get up & the board will go???
Old     (lchamaschuk)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-01-2002, 12:38 PM Reply   
yes, you can take the fins off the board. It makes surface maneovers easier, but you lose a lot of control of the board. It feels like it is slipping around everywhere.
Old    wakeboard4568            08-03-2002, 8:38 AM Reply   
Okay, maybe ill try it.Ill try it that way, & if it doesnt work, then ill j/ do it w/ the fins
Old    theorigin            08-31-2002, 10:04 AM Reply   
to maintain control, should be easy without fins, wouldnt you just continue to carve, like snowboarding? im wanting to try that, cause the fins have been bugging the hell out of me.
Old    chrispy1            09-02-2002, 7:35 AM Reply   
yeh but sometomes it might slip out if you carve to hard
Old    riverfreak            09-02-2002, 5:42 PM Reply   
I learned mine just getting out into the flats, do a powerslide and with your back to the boat make the handle pass, then bring it on around....get on your toes, that frees the fin so your board can slide.....
Old    thephatone            09-04-2002, 11:12 AM Reply   
what's really fun is trying backrolls and 360's with no fins :-)