Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       11-13-2004, 11:56 AM Reply   
I am looking to find out who the best school is. I personally went to launch for a 4 hour scession and picked up a few good pointers. This spring I want to take my kids (and myself) for a 3 day scession. Launch right now is a choice but what are your experiences? and where?
Old     (got_river)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-13-2004, 12:33 PM Reply   
Check out West Coast Wakeboard Camps...http://www.westcoastcamps.com/

Two of our riders, Eddie and Jacob Valdez spent a week there and learned alot.

One of their instructors, Jared Couch, is a great rider and teacher.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-13-2004, 12:56 PM Reply   
West Coast Camps all the way. My brother went there for a week this summer and loved it. Totally down to earth coaches, they are there to help YOU. You tell thenm you want to learn style and you will learn it.

It's def. worth checking out.

Jared Couch, Mike Schweene, Mike Buckle, Brad Larkin, the list goes on. All of them are great instructors and awsome riders, and most of all fun to hang out with.

You won't regret spending a week there with them. My brother didnt and he has talked me into going next season.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-13-2004, 12:56 PM Reply   
Ian Kirk at Shasta is also a great coach. Ensane Wakeboard School. I am not sure if he is still coaching, but he is a great guy and his crew is always fun to hang out with.
Old     (w4k3b04rd3r19)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-13-2004, 4:44 PM Reply   
Yeah Ensane moved to a private lake. You can always hit up John Stern he used to be world champion for wakeboarding if you decide to hit up shasta
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-14-2004, 8:25 PM Reply   
Two National Champions and one world champion came out of WestCoast camps this year. We highly recommend Mike and his camp.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-14-2004, 10:55 PM Reply   

Josh Smith runs a school out of Orwood.

http://www.yoshiscamp.com/Home.html

I can't speak of how Josh might be as a business man, but a few years ago he was teaching out of Discovery Bay Wakeboard Center and he taught my son and I can say that he is an excellent teacher.

Rod
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-15-2004, 7:17 AM Reply   
Westcoast Camps for Sure. Ryan at Launch is cool too and rides a tight camp. Two different experiences, but both have great camps.
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       11-15-2004, 7:35 AM Reply   
Jason, Thanks for the input(and from everone else) I think I am going to book a 5 day with Mike in the spring. I am anxiously awaiting the relese of DS-2. How is Nick D. doing I heard he broke his leg during a whirly 5.. Hope he will be on the water soon, I only hope one day i can be so smooth on the water. Keep up the positive..
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       11-16-2004, 3:08 PM Reply   
Josh Smith taught my nephew,and my wife.He will always get my business.
Old     (airmandy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       11-16-2004, 4:15 PM Reply   
Hi Gary.

Check out www.learn2wakeboard.com in the Bay Area. Quite a few (8) of my friends and myself have taken lessons from them and they are great.. Easy going, not intimidating and you can tell they love what they do. They taught me how to do a Tantrum in 12 trys.... Cant beat that for money..

Plus, 5 Days is a long time to wakeboard
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       11-16-2004, 5:27 PM Reply   
Mandy,

I will check them out I want to goto a few diffrent camps this spring-summer. Josh Smith is also on my list.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-17-2004, 11:45 AM Reply   
Here is some shots of what Westcoast camps pulled out of my kids.
I am ultra protective of my kids and wouldn't trust them with just anybody. I had no problems with my boys spending a week with the westcoastcamps crew. They came home with such great style and with tons of stories that had us rolling!! Mike Schwenne, Jared (see pic below) Mike Buckle and the other coaches, thanks so much for your part in a great 04 season!
jared and jacob
Eddie

jacob

(Message edited by teamvaldez on November 17, 2004)
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-17-2004, 3:13 PM Reply   
Awwwwwwww......how cute!!!!
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       11-17-2004, 6:40 PM Reply   
TeamValdez;
I agree I am a little leary of leaving my daughters just anywhere. I am planing to make a weeks vacation for me and the girls at WestCoast. I have heard to many things of the high positive about them. I also plan to do a few scessions with Josh this year, There is always something to say about the local guys. I have talked to Josh a little last August but couldn't find a common time. this year will be better.

(Message edited by Sanger215guy on November 17, 2004)
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-18-2004, 2:35 PM Reply   
Don't forget the food man....
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-18-2004, 2:38 PM Reply   
And who wouldnt want to spend a week hanging out with a buncha cool guys on this houseboat... I look forward to this summer.

Thanks Garrett. You take some rockin photos.
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-18-2004, 11:11 PM Reply   
hey robbin, i love that pic with the Trout. your boys were so fun to have at the camp. lookin forward to next year. if anyone wants more info on West Coast Camps, check out www.westcoastcamps.com or email me at jaredjc5@hotmail.com