Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-01-2011, 9:48 PM Reply   
check out the malibu wakesetter and ronix and hyperlite....

Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       11-01-2011, 9:54 PM Reply   
Not to be a dick, but it's been posted about 4 times on this forum alone. A simple Google search would be very courteous of you in order to avoid reposts.
Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-01-2011, 10:00 PM Reply   
damn. i look like a noob then. that and i don't get on here enough apparently...
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-01-2011, 10:02 PM Reply   
haha? he wrote the song, and enjoys wakeboarding, and went forward with making the music video how he wanted, with him riding in it too. He's also giving away a signed wakesurf board. He also got to try out the new Malibu. He's into wakeboarding, and is showing it. I think it's pretty cool, and something a good amount of riders enjoy and can relate to.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            11-01-2011, 10:06 PM Reply   
Follow him on twitter...he's always wanting to hook up with his followers on his days off touring around the country and go out on a boat and ride.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       11-01-2011, 10:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3w8kbrdr View Post
Follow him on twitter...he's always wanting to hook up with his followers on his days off touring around the country and go out on a boat and ride.
That's sick!
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       11-02-2011, 4:05 AM Reply   
I am not a country guy, but pretty cool. I could of done with less guitar playing and more wakeboarding, but then again I am bias.
Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-02-2011, 6:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
haha? he wrote the song, and enjoys wakeboarding, and went forward with making the music video how he wanted, with him riding in it too. He's also giving away a signed wakesurf board. He also got to try out the new Malibu. He's into wakeboarding, and is showing it. I think it's pretty cool, and something a good amount of riders enjoy and can relate to.
Haha
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-02-2011, 6:51 AM Reply   
Last night he had a 30 min interview called "Jake on the Lake". It pretty much showed how much wakeboarding, wakesurfing, and cruising his wakesetter with friends means to his life. The guy is a legit wakeboarder. Showed him doing various inverts. Even showed him doing his first 360 on a wakesurf during the interview. He's got his goofy surf wake dialed nicely.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-02-2011, 7:10 AM Reply   
He probably gets email from all the bass fishermen on CMT.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-02-2011, 7:53 AM Reply   
He's a cool guy. He came to Spring Ride last year, and probably will again. I had a chance to chat with him.
Old     (jrich)      Join Date: Oct 2009       11-02-2011, 7:54 AM Reply   
I think he also used to do some tournament skiing back in the day, had a bad crash and had to have reconstructive surgery on his face. Apparently he has been into water sports for quite sometime. Don't see any other artist wakeboarding themselves in their videos. I find that awesome, not funny. Just my 2 pennies.
Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-02-2011, 8:06 AM Reply   
yea but nothin beats this video when it comes to country singers and the water.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW5UEW2kYvc
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-02-2011, 9:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsilcio View Post
yea but nothin beats this video when it comes to country singers and the water.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW5UEW2kYvc
that video coulda been super sick if he ditched the ski!

they also barefooted in boots! thats scary what if the heel caught owww. i guess it would be called booting
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-02-2011, 1:37 PM Reply   
The other day we were driving down the rode and Chattahoochi(sp) came on the radio and I sang every word. My wife laughed her butt off.

Thank you Mike, Cobe and High Wake Drifters--Oh, Alan Jackson too.
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-02-2011, 9:17 PM Reply   
Hebrew, you do a google search every time before starting a new thread? hahahaha That is just ridiculous. Who cares if it is a repost, this is a message board, and he thought it would be something we might be interested in. I only remember seeing one thread on it, and after listening to the song (maybe the worst song ive ever heard) i visually blacked out the subject among the rest of the posts. It's amazing how terrible you can make the lyrics in country music as long as you mention beer or girls or both. Some of the songs can even be lyrically worse than some rap songs which would probably take some effort.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       11-03-2011, 7:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_L View Post
Hebrew, you do a google search every time before starting a new thread? hahahaha That is just ridiculous. Who cares if it is a repost, this is a message board, and he thought it would be something we might be interested in. I only remember seeing one thread on it, and after listening to the song (maybe the worst song ive ever heard) i visually blacked out the subject among the rest of the posts. It's amazing how terrible you can make the lyrics in country music as long as you mention beer or girls or both. Some of the songs can even be lyrically worse than some rap songs which would probably take some effort.
Not always. I usually only do it if I suspect that what I have has been posted before. It's a good habit I picked up from another forum. OP's title shows he clearly had some idea that this might have been posted before, but it's really no biggie. Just a suggestion. And I totally agree with your assessment of country music
Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-04-2011, 3:02 PM Reply   
it gets hotter than hebrew's hoochie coochie.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-05-2011, 2:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_L View Post
It's amazing how terrible you can make the lyrics in country music as long as you mention beer or girls or both. Some of the songs can even be lyrically worse than some rap songs which would probably take some effort.
I'll agree with that to some extent. I guess "rap songs" are much more lyrically unique. Hmmm, let's see...rap/hip-hop seems to cover songs with Patron, Grey Goose, gin, Crystal (that's a champagne if you didn't know), Hypnotic, Hennessey, or what ever the latest liquor trend is. Talk about your Bentley, Maybach, Aston, "Lambo", and Mercedes but don't leave out the 20's, 22's, or 24's and the word "ho" or "b*tch" a few times. Don't forget to mention how much cheddar, G's, cheese, and benjamins you're making, and there you go...the typical rap/hip-hop song.
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-05-2011, 2:53 PM Reply   
When did Dave Williams start singing country?