Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (garman)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-12-2006, 5:48 AM Reply   
I am just geting consistent and landing in the flats on HS jumps... butt down, progressive edge, rope in and stand tall... it is amazing how you float!! And this is with an I/O.. I can't imagine a BIG wake. Anyhow... it is getting annoying that when I land, my front foot is sliding forward in my boot. Each time I land far, my foot inces forward a little more. And I can't wiggle it back. I have '05 LF Alpha's size large. My foot is a 9.5 to 10. I tighten them up as tight as possible, but I can't get my foot to stop moving forward in the binding. The only way I can get my foot back is to drop and then loosen, move my foot, and retighten the binding. I don't use any lube to get in them. Is it me or what gives? Same thing happend with a set of old HL Spin bindings I had, but those wouldn't tighten up very tight and I thought that was the issue. But now, I am wondering if it is me!!
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       08-12-2006, 10:37 AM Reply   
Do you have skinny ankles? I do and the ONLY binding that keeps this from happening for me is the Zeuss. I have the 04's not the hinge tech. You need more heel lockdown, I haven't tried any of the 06 bindings so I can't say that others won't work just as well as my Zeuss.
Old    joshpalma8            08-13-2006, 6:02 PM Reply   
Possibly try smaller boots. But also be careful and be sure you are absorbing the landings with your leg muscles. You may be landing stiff legged which often causes your foot to shoot forward in the binding like you are describing. But if your foot wasnt pushing forward all that force would be sent to your knee, which is how a lot of people blow knees. Good luck sorting it out man, and be sure to land soft.
Old    murrayair            08-13-2006, 6:26 PM Reply   
That sometimes happens to me when I land with too much weight on my toes. Try to with your weight more evenly distributed.

(Message edited by murrayair on August 13, 2006)
Old    chocobeat            08-13-2006, 6:31 PM Reply   
ride farther back so you land on the wake... thats why people move back
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-14-2006, 2:17 PM Reply   
I had the same problem until I got the '06 Zues bindings. I even thought at one point after a real hard landing while learning a scarecrow that I would have to cut the binding off my foot. With the new Zues bindings--not a problem. I have a sixe 9 foot and wear the mediums---I like them tight, my ankle is narrow.
Old     (garman)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-14-2006, 8:42 PM Reply   
I checked out some of my various riding pictures... some edging in, and some in the air. It appears that I lift my toes when I lean back to edge in. Also, check out the picture in the air... my toes are still lifted. I wonder if this contributes to my foot sliding forward? I have never noticed this while I was riding, just after I went back and looked at some pictures.

Edging in... toes up!!
Upload

Going W2W... toes still up!!
Upload

What's up with that??!!
Old     (cole_souers)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-14-2006, 10:49 PM Reply   
most people do that, just trying to get as much air as possible. that's not the problem, landing hard out into the flats is. its cool to do, but that's what happens, you slip forward. get the tightest fitting pair of boots that you like, and get 'em. it will make all the difference in the world. and ride out a little farther, or don't try to take it so big every time, just nice and smooth.
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-15-2006, 12:17 AM Reply   
take them apart and tighten up the toe piece.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-15-2006, 5:45 AM Reply   
IMO I'd address this asap and start demo'ing better bindings. I broke my tibia and blew out my knee when my foot slipped through the front of a pair of alpha's on a simple hs w2w taken into the flats. This was 2 years ago in a pair of 04's. My roommate went through the front of one of his alphas as well causing a tibia plataeu fracture. Could obviously be a coincidence as lots of people ride those boots, but just sharing my experience.

A month or so ago I had the foot on my uninjured leg slip forward on a backside 180 landing and thought I might have blown out that knee as well, but it looks like I just strained or pulled something. The whole foot sliding forward thing is very scary, be careful.
Old    jrss13            08-15-2006, 5:50 AM Reply   
If you are interested in a smaller pair of boots, I have a pair of 2005 Hyperlite ERA's that were used for 3 sets. They are basically brand new, just were too small for my brother who I ride with a lot. I picked up a pair of 2006 Shane's instead. Let me know if you would be interested, they are a size small, and I believe are made for a narrow foot. I wear a 9.5 and they fit me great.