Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-04-2012, 1:30 PM Reply   
Guys, buying a 2009 Ford F150 and have Gear Alloy BlackJack Rims on my trailer on my boat. Wanting to match my truck.

So, know nothing about this stuff. Need some help. I want to use the stock tires on the truck just change out the rims? Possible?

Here is the truck link so you can see it...http://apps.dealerconnection.com/dea...ownedImg=false

Here is the link to sizes of the Rims I want....
http://www.gearalloy.com/718b

Can anyone tell me what I need to know...? Thanks
Old     (bjames)      Join Date: May 2012       05-04-2012, 1:39 PM Reply   
I have a F150 (2006 King Ranch) that came with 20". One thing i do know is if you want to keep the same rubber but only replace the rims, you will have to find rims of equivilent size and offset. The offset is quite important becuase this is the offset to where the centerline of the hub is located. If the offset is not matched up properly, then your wheels with either stick out or be inset too much causing other potential problems. Also you will have to match up the hub hole pattern.

So if your shopping around make sure you know;
Rim size dia & width
hole pattern
offset amounts.
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-04-2012, 2:01 PM Reply   
Bryan....Thanks. Guess that is what I am asking. I know what rims I want...(link) just dont know what size fits the tires I have...
Old     (rickB52)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-04-2012, 9:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottR View Post
Guys, buying a 2009 Ford F150 and have Gear Alloy BlackJack Rims on my trailer on my boat. Wanting to match my truck.

So, know nothing about this stuff. Need some help. I want to use the stock tires on the truck just change out the rims? Possible?

Here is the truck link so you can see it...http://apps.dealerconnection.com/dea...ownedImg=false

Here is the link to sizes of the Rims I want....
http://www.gearalloy.com/718b

Can anyone tell me what I need to know...? Thanks

It looks like your 150 has 20" rims/tires. If you go with the Gear Wheels you will need to go with the 20x9 however not sure your stock tire will work... the stock tire (P275/55R20 111S) is made for a much narrower rim like 8". I would place a call to Gear -American Tire Distributor to validate recommended tire size for their 20x9 wheels...
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-05-2012, 4:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickB52 View Post
It looks like your 150 has 20" rims/tires. If you go with the Gear Wheels you will need to go with the 20x9 however not sure your stock tire will work... the stock tire (P275/55R20 111S) is made for a much narrower rim like 8". I would place a call to Gear -American Tire Distributor to validate recommended tire size for their 20x9 wheels...
A 275 width tire will easily fit on a 8" or 9" wide wheel. Hell, it would fit on a 10" wide wheel, it would just look weird.

The 275 width tires on my last set of wheels for my Formula are 275/40/17 on a 17x9 rim - this was a factory size. It will be fine.
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-05-2012, 3:59 AM Reply   
Thanks....thought I may have to buy new tires too. Yuck
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-08-2012, 9:46 AM Reply   
My tires are 275 5 R20...
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-08-2012, 9:55 AM Reply   
Tires
Attached Images

Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-08-2012, 9:57 AM Reply   
Truck
Attached Images

Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-08-2012, 10:53 AM Reply   
Scott - you are good to go with those stock Pirelli tires no problem. A 275 tire is 10.8" wide so it's perfectly fine on a 9" wide wheel.

The wheels you are looking at are 20x9 with a +18mm offset which will make them kick out about a 1/2" more than your factory wheels. I wouldn't be concerned with it, so as long as you are fine with that you are good to go. It won't affect the ride or anything else noticeably.
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-09-2012, 6:32 AM Reply   
Stuey...Thanks a million man. So now I can order them! Woo hoo.....I think matching the boat trailer will look awesome. I am going to sell these rims so if anyone is looking let me know.