Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 17, 2004

Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-12-2004, 8:16 AM Reply   
In your experience, what is a "good" price for a leftover '03 X-2 with the engine upgrade(MCX) and tandem trailer, but nothing else. I mean no other options, no perfect pass, no canvas, nothing.

Feel free to e-mail me EJBarlocker@slco.org

Thanks for any help you could provide.

E.J.
Old     (bog)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-12-2004, 12:19 PM Reply   
Ej, you are finally going to get an inboard??!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-12-2004, 3:09 PM Reply   
Talking numbers, but we are pretty far away from a number that would have me signing papers.

Maybe something will happen...but I am not betting on it at this point.

Did you get to the boat show?

E.J.
Old     (bigjessup)      Join Date: May 2002       02-12-2004, 3:22 PM Reply   
Ive seen left over 02' X-Star's and X-2's go for as low as $37K but mostly around $40K is what is average.
Old     (3puttwilson)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-13-2004, 5:43 AM Reply   
With no options on it, you should get it for high $30s like maybe $37 or so. Are you planning on installing perfect pass later?
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-13-2004, 7:13 AM Reply   
i thought PP was standard on '03 X2's? is it considered an "option"?
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-13-2004, 7:24 AM Reply   
Wilson and Shawn,
I was thinking more than either of you have stated and for the record, my number is not close.
Yes, perfect pass and snap covers are things I would install pre delivery.
May be another season with the I/O....
E.J.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-13-2004, 7:26 AM Reply   
Yes, I was under the same impression Matt, but found out that it is actually an option.

E.J.
Old     (mattbob)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-13-2004, 8:35 AM Reply   
All the bells and whistles came standard on the 02's. Almost everything was an option on the 03's. I would think you could have that boat with the standard engine for $37k.
How much $ does the MCX add to the price?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-13-2004, 8:49 AM Reply   
EJ,
Why don't you go for an '01. They are pretty much the same boat. I have seen some in the low thirties on the net. It would be better than boarding behind an I/O. .02
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-13-2004, 8:52 AM Reply   
If I remember correctly I was told approx. 2k, maybe a bit less. Though I assume that is not MSRP on the upgrade.

E.J.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-13-2004, 8:57 AM Reply   
I just don't have any desire to try to sell my boat. Rather take the loss on the trade and not deal with the hassel.

If I didn't have my current boat, I would buy this, but it is on consignment.

http://www.taylorsboats.com/cgi-bin/usedboats/inventory.cgi?dispitem&boats&hhxd9kjp&Used_Boats

E.J.
Old     (prostar205v)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-13-2004, 9:34 AM Reply   
EJ, when I ordered my 209 in August of 02 the upgrade on the MCX was about $1300...well worth the extra $. Since then that boat was sold and now have a 197 with LQ9, boat had no other option than that engine but I think the upgrade for that engine is 8k....I think that MSRP though and not actual $. Hope that helps.
Old    simba            02-13-2004, 11:53 AM Reply   
this guy has a demo boat for sale with some options for 33.5k give him a call http://www.xcampflorida.com/ ask for david the boat is brand new. The boat has about 50 hours on it.
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-13-2004, 1:21 PM Reply   
E.J. Another option. HydroSwift (made in Utah) was at the boat show down here in NorCal a week or so ago and they're coming out w/ a new inboard (vdrive) boat this year. It looked real promising and is using the Calabria purevert ballast system. They were pricing them in the mid 30's to try and break into the inboard market. You should look them up..you may be able to swing an even better deal if you'd agree to demo it for potential customers??? I think the boat model was an "EOS".
Old    oshensurfer            02-16-2004, 11:49 AM Reply   
Levi,
I missed that boat at the show. Did you take any pics?
Old     (bigjessup)      Join Date: May 2002       02-16-2004, 3:39 PM Reply   
E.J. Dont take our words for it. Go talk to a local dealer and/or private party and see what prices you get from them. You never know you might be surprised at what you can get. Good luck.
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-17-2004, 8:18 AM Reply   
Scott - Sorry, I didn't. Their website is www.hydroswiftboats.com . They do not have the EOS section up and running yet, but I'm sure if you sent them an email they could get you some pics.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-17-2004, 3:03 PM Reply   
Did just that Shawn, but after our talk, I wanted to hear what numbers others thought were "fair."
What I am hearing is this. Everyone here is low. I am in the middle and the dealer is high. I have no problem with someone making a living, it is how they pay their bills. I just don't want to be the fool.
Whatever, the Cobalt is better than no boat at all.
The wife doesn't even want to get rid of that and had me walking through every cruiser at the boat show....
E.J.
Old    tpanoz            02-17-2004, 4:31 PM Reply   
E.J, I posted this on a topic a while ago about the 03 x-2. I actually picked up a x-2 a few weeks ago for 39k fully loaded with everything except the heater and the shower. It was a left over demo boat with only 40hours on it. I looked forever for this one and then the deal just kinda fell in my lap. The numbers i saw were in the middle 40's for a brand new "left over" But i think if youre gonna spend all that money, hell man, spend the extra couple bucks and buy one with the upgrades. In my opinion its just the way to go. Dont be sorry you didnt.
Haha tell the wife she's gonna look like an angel on an x-2!