Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (parkcityxj)      Join Date: Mar 2001       07-01-2012, 8:05 PM Reply   
I'm so close to catching air and can get the fins out of the water a little. I have a DD so, I don't have a macking wave like some of the big dogs. Any good tips?

Me almost catching air.

This is a buddy of mine behind my boat, so you can see what I'm working with for a wake.

Last edited by parkcityxj; 07-01-2012 at 8:14 PM.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-02-2012, 11:56 AM Reply   
kick the front of the board down, and throw ur hands up!! looking good!
Old     (Becci_)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-03-2012, 2:27 PM Reply   
just pull your knees up faster. Especially your back foot, once you've pushed it down pull your foot up fast. Keep practicing you're half way there.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-03-2012, 6:08 PM Reply   
One of the best things RJ ever did to help him, and now Thomas and Maddie are doing it, is practice doing ollies on a skateboard. Do it in the grass as long as it is not too thick, in case you fall. Getting air is largely an illusion, so to speak. You are doing an ollie off the lip of the wake.

First be able to ollie on a skateboard, then be able to ollie on a wakesurf board in the flats while holding the rope, then do it off the lip of the wake. The lip is not in the same place on all boats and is more clearly defined on some more than others. You should at least be able to get the fins out of the water on the flats before going to the lip.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-03-2012, 6:11 PM Reply   
One more thing, stretch before doing it. Getting air is all about flexibility. Look who gets the highest airs, like Chase Hazen. That kid is a rubber band. If he gets his knee dirty, I am sure it would be just as easy to lick it as it would be to wipe with his hand.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-03-2012, 6:15 PM Reply   
Here you go, this is a great video. Pay attention to the rider's head when they ollie, it doesn't go higher than when they started by much at all. They are not really jumping, just bring their legs up and the board with them. Same thing on the wake.

http://sclipo.com/videos/view/tony-h...s-how-to-ollie
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-03-2012, 7:04 PM Reply   
We will be putting the instructional videos back up soon and they will cover all the basics. All the suggestions above are great. Dry land attempts and practice are huge. Also, it helps to work on it with the rope.