Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bwellsusmc)      Join Date: May 2006       06-09-2010, 8:23 AM Reply   
What are some possible reasons you would have water in your oil in a reasonably new boat? The oil is somewhat milky looking...
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-09-2010, 8:33 AM Reply   
Heavy condensation, water intrusion from fill cap or dip stick, or a cracked block
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-09-2010, 9:00 AM Reply   
gaskets (head etc)
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-09-2010, 10:29 AM Reply   
How much water? Like full on milkshake, or some condensation on the oil cap? Some condensation is normal, particularly on the first start up of the season. Milk shake is more dire. Cracked head or bad head gasket(s)? Not good.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-09-2010, 10:30 AM Reply   
Was the boat winterized? Could it have frozen over the winter?
Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-09-2010, 11:49 AM Reply   
Is the oil in the top or bottom? If it is milky up top under the fill cap, possibly not that big of a deal. If you pull the dipstick and it is milky, big deal. It is either manifold, block or head gasket. If it has not over heated lately, then it is probably exhaust manifold cracked from poor winterization. I am not a mechanic, just going from personal experience.
Old     (bwellsusmc)      Join Date: May 2006       06-10-2010, 2:02 PM Reply   
Thanks for the reply.. Oil is milky from the dip stick.. Boat stays in an enviormentally controlled building year round. AC/Heat, spray foam, etc... We've used it half a dozen times since the last freeze too. When the boat shutdown, it hadn't overheated. Temp gauge was 117, oil pressure was normal, only thing that happened was the check engine light came on. Engine wouldn't turn over just whine when I tried starting it like the starter didn't have enough to turn the engine over.
Old     (sangeria)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-10-2010, 2:25 PM Reply   
sounds to me like you threw a rod...but that's just a guess
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-10-2010, 2:50 PM Reply   
pull the spark plugs and then try to turn it over. See if water sprays out of any spark plug holes. Milky oil and motor won't turn over. Sounds like a bad head gasket with a hydro locked cylinder possibly.
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-10-2010, 10:43 PM Reply   
Yep sounds like it seized up which usually means bad head gasket. It seems like the temp would be much hotter if it was a head gasket though. How many hours are on the boat?
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-11-2010, 8:33 PM Reply   
What type boat / engine? raw water or freshwater cooled? Could be a exhaust manifold leaking in to the exhaust port , Could be the riser, could be the intake also, Might be a head gasket. When my Mani's were bad I'd get water in the back two cylinders / milky oil.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-11-2010, 8:40 PM Reply   
Brett, didnt you just post a different message the other day saying the boat has ran hot since the day you owned it? I agree with others, sounds like a bad head gasket which is typically always caused by excessive overheating. You also mentioned in your other message, you are still under warranty through Indmar which is great, because that is not going to be a cheap bill to repair. Try and get it into the dealer as quickly as possible, that is going to take awhile for them to repair.
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-11-2010, 8:41 PM Reply   
Looked at his other post & it's a 2008 Supra 24SSV