Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       06-06-2013, 8:31 AM Reply   
I just ordered the seadek step pad kit(4-3.5"x12" step pads) and plan to put a step on each side of the gunnel behind the tower and then 2 up front on the bow. I also bought a sheet and am going to put a strip along the transom above the swim platform to protect against board scuffs on the gel coat. Like a transom saver. Has anyone done this? If so how wide did you make the pad? I have enough material to be 72" wide and up to 8" tall. My thought right now is like 72"x4".

Has anyone used the step pads or the seadek as a transom saver? If so how did it hold up?
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-06-2013, 9:09 AM Reply   
Yes, we have done this and it works great!
Old     (bushtree)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-06-2013, 10:47 AM Reply   
Yep, the seadeck has been doing a great job of saving the transom from wakeboards on my boat.

Here is a shot of how MB is using the seadeck on the transom from the factory. Seems to be working pretty well.

(not my boat, just took the photo off facebook)
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       06-06-2013, 10:51 AM Reply   
Thats what I plan to do, like above.^^^ Except I am going to go full width of the platform and also start it at platform level. That looks like there is still a space where a board can get against the gel. I like the logo in it, but custom pads from seadek take 20-30 days and start at $149 minimum. Cutting my own from their sheet material costs $40!!!
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       06-06-2013, 11:29 AM Reply   
I just finished exactly what you did. I bought a sheet, and cut a triangle for the bow, step pads for the rear, and new step pads at the walk through transom. I also want to do a pad behind the swim deck, just haven't got to it yet. I just measured, and cut the front side with a knife. Then cut the backside like you would with drywall. I rounded the corners with scissors. Looks great!
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       06-06-2013, 11:41 AM Reply   
I wondered about cutting from the front or back. Great info! They said you just cut with a razor knife with a new blade. Is that what you used?

Anyone who has the transom saver pad, how tall is it?
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       06-06-2013, 12:27 PM Reply   
Yes, just measure twice and use a straight edge. It cuts easily. Once its stuck down it aint coming off either!