Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-28-2010, 5:37 PM Reply   
Here is a Video my brother shot with the I phone. It's us flying a RC plane I outfitted with Floats to land and take off from the water. Its a Electric plane and it fly's like this for about 10 min's, I keep it in the back of the Pontoon boat and do some flying my brother decided to make a short video of this session. I have a Gum Stick cam that I mount in the cockpit and make some prettty cool videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/MaxxPain.../0/QQhD18_211o
Old     (UNvisible)      Join Date: May 2010       09-28-2010, 6:22 PM Reply   
really cool
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-28-2010, 7:01 PM Reply   
didnt know people still listened to mash ups. pretty cool - i totaled 5 Hobbtown Super Cubs within 48 hrs. i now stick to r/c cars and trucks. my last addition is the E-Revo brushless on dual 3S lipos....it will walk on water
Old     (99sportster)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-28-2010, 9:36 PM Reply   
Cool video....although I actually liked the video of your aircraft carrier-style launch into the palm tree video the best!
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-28-2010, 10:14 PM Reply   
Very cool.
I always thought an RC airplane rigged with a POV camera...... following a rider goin off behind the boat..... would be cool.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-28-2010, 11:13 PM Reply   
Would that be able to hold a Go Pro?
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-29-2010, 6:50 AM Reply   
Who did the mix or what is the name of it? Great video!
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       09-29-2010, 8:38 AM Reply   
how hard are these things to fly?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-29-2010, 8:52 AM Reply   
David/Brian: The music is from a Local DJ crew called "Rock It Scientist" http://therockitscientists.com/ its a older mix from like 3 years ago. We need'd some music to make the wind noise go away LOL

David W: Yea we have done a GO Pro before. The Fish Eye lenz dosen't work if your far way every thing is a bit curved. But the quality is good, If you do a search of FPV first person view RC videos you can see that they have the stuff for you to fly a plane just like they do in the military Remote from a fixed location and fly it miles away. Here is a Video of the Plane with the Go Pro on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLdeX...eature=related

Brian: Yea the Aircraft Carrier is the best. I crack up at the sound the plane made when it hit the tree, LOL
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-29-2010, 10:00 AM Reply   
Thats pretty cool Grant! Seems like youve picked up flying pretty quickly!
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-29-2010, 10:21 AM Reply   
Thats awesome. I wondered if the GoPro was light enough. Looks like there are tons of guys doing it. Now someone needs to fly right by someone riding behind the boat!
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-29-2010, 3:47 PM Reply   
That IHS video of the 55 Chevy is CRAZY
Old     (h2ohangtime)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-29-2010, 9:12 PM Reply   
Grant, that's some awesome stuff.

Bill, that is a GREAT idea. I would love to try that one day.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-29-2010, 11:09 PM Reply   
I showed that video to a buddy of mine who is a pilot in the Air Force (refueling tankers). He's also flown RC & SkySkis.... some more successfully than others. I figured I'd try & get him to fly with the GoPro on board. But he said that flying an RC plane while on a moving platform is some talent, especially the maneuvers where the plane goes up from the boat & then back to it (after the boat has moved 100' or more).
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       09-30-2010, 9:07 AM Reply   
^^^ so I guess they are hard to fly??
Old     (jason_b)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-30-2010, 9:56 AM Reply   
Ok, I'll be the azzhole.... I was waiting and hoping for the crash. lol sorry.

It does look like a cool little toy. I want one now.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-30-2010, 10:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jame04 View Post
^^^ so I guess they are hard to fly??
I assume so. The best analogy I can think of is imagine a fighter landing on a moving aircraft carrier. Seems like only the best pilots do that.

Would still be cool to setup. And the video would be awesome.
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       09-30-2010, 11:24 AM Reply   
I want one! What is a good source to buy one and anyone have any practice tips other having a deep wallet.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-30-2010, 11:43 AM Reply   
These planes are unreal. For $250 you have everything you need to fly and even when they do get torpedoed into the ground for whatever reason, they are made of cheap foam parts that most hobby stores keep in stock. The best way to get involved is with a simulator on your computer, it is pretty realistic. The second is to make your way to any flying group in the area and the guys will teach you how to fly (training cords connect two radios and they can take over if you get in trouble). If you are local to NorCal - Grant and I would be happy to help you out. You can also find great deals on these planes on craigslist, but you have to know what to look for with used ones. It is a great hobby - especially after the wakeboard season ends. They are more fun than I ever expected.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-30-2010, 11:44 AM Reply   
www.horizonhobby.com has great prices and selection and they ship quickly.
Old     (mach90)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-30-2010, 12:15 PM Reply   
Sorry if this has already been listed, as I haven't read through the entire thread, however this was pretty cool ...

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778914
Old     (cibolasam)      Join Date: Jun 2010       09-30-2010, 2:28 PM Reply   
What lake is that on. By the way cool flying.